HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   best coach (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49110)

phil76 02-03-2004 09:50 AM

best coach

do you agree with me
that claude juliens been the best habs coaches since
jacques demers?

phil76 02-03-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Jacques Demers a good coatch :joker:

The Stanley cup he won has nothing to do with his hockey knowledges, he was a kind of players' uncle behind the bench praying before every games for the win!

The vets were running the things, not Demers!

But to ask your question, yes Julien is the best coatch for a while! Jacques Martin is the best comparaison I can do!

Edit: Vigneault was'nt a bad coatch too but has'nt the material to do any possitive things happen!

yeah i know because somebody name rejean houle the gm
decide to go on a rampage and destroy the habs

like turgeon 4 corson
roy 4 thibeault

than k god hes gone

Fish on The Sand 02-03-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Regardless of who he is better or not better than, one thing I'm sure of is that Julien will not become extinct after his tenure with the Habs as our previous three coaches did. I think perhaps the saddest fact about the Houle years is that neither of his coaching hires went on to head coach again at the NHL level after they left Montreal. That pretty much sums up his ineptitude.

(One thing I'm not sure of, though, is whether or not he hired Therrien. Could somene shed some light on this?)

Yes he did, and it was the last straw as he was fired later that day.

Darz 02-03-2004 03:34 PM

Jacques Demers was a good coach. He did win coach of the year, twice. He did win a Stanley Cup in Montreal (I know the players...blah, blah, blah....the coach always gets too much or not enough credit).
I'm not sure his style of coaching would work in today's NHL, but I don't think anybody should knock him, or make statements about being a bad coach. There are a million worse coaches I could think of off the top of my head.

With all that being said, I would say that Julien is definately the best coach we've had since Demers, and maybe since Pat Burns (who imo, is/was a better coach that Demers).

gohabsgo 02-03-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Jacques Demers was a good coach. He did win coach of the year, twice. He did win a Stanley Cup in Montreal (I know the players...blah, blah, blah....the coach always gets too much or not enough credit).
I'm not sure his style of coaching would work in today's NHL, but I don't think anybody should knock him, or make statements about being a bad coach. There are a million worse coaches I could think of off the top of my head.

With all that being said, I would say that Julien is definately the best coach we've had since Demers, and maybe since Pat Burns (who imo, is/was a better coach that Demers).

In definite agreement about Demers. When you win Coach of the Year twice and win a Stanley Cup by beating Wayne Gretzky, you proved something.

In response to Julien... yeah, I suppose he should be considered the best Habs coach in awhile.

I feel the need to respond to a comment made by phil76... I think it was the "roy 4 thibeault" trade. Well, it wasn't so much Rejean Houle's fault. You DO know why Roy left right? He left because the then-coach of the Habs (I forgot his name) left him in for 9 goals against Detroit. Houle didn't trade him because he wanted to -- Roy left because he wanted to. Shall we say, "This is my last game in Montreal."

Guy Caballero 02-03-2004 03:43 PM

Regardless of who he is better or not better than, one thing I'm sure of is that Julien will not become extinct after his tenure with the Habs as our previous three coaches did. I think perhaps the saddest fact about the Houle years is that neither of his coaching hires went on to head coach again at the NHL level after they left Montreal. That pretty much sums up his ineptitude.

(One thing I'm not sure of, though, is whether or not he hired Therrien. Could somene shed some light on this?)

gohabsgo 02-03-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
You mean Tremblay right?

......perhaps so...

Whoever the Habs coach was when Roy was traded. I guess it was Tremblay.

All-Star 02-03-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohabsgo
He left because the then-coach of the Habs (I forgot his name) left him in for 9 goals against Detroit.

The evil Mario Tremblay. :cry: :mad: :madfire: I hated that guy so much!!! He would blame Roy everytime the team lost. I can totaly understand why Roy left. I would have done the same.

The Power Forward 02-03-2004 03:50 PM

Of the last decenny : Jacques Demers (to whoever said that he was bad , just take a look at what he did with the Red Wings a couple of years before joining the Habs)

Of all time : Scotty Bowman

gohabsgo 02-03-2004 03:53 PM

Yeah that was his name. Therien.

There was a problem with him from day 1 in Montreal. Therien didn't understand that Patrick Roy ran the freakin show in Habsland. Roy was the franchise, and I suppose Therien couldn't handle that. What was good about the Demers/Roy relationship was that Demers molly-coddled Roy -- he treated Roy like the franchise, while Therien just *****ed about him.

Guy Caballero 02-03-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

There was a problem with him from day 1 in Montreal. Therien didn't understand that Patrick Roy ran the freakin show in Habsland. Roy was the franchise, and I suppose Therien couldn't handle that. What was good about the Demers/Roy relationship was that Demers molly-coddled Roy -- he treated Roy like the franchise, while Therien just *****ed about him.

It was Trembley.

All-Star 02-03-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

You mean Tremblay right?

Kerberos* 02-03-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil76
do you agree with me
that claude juliens been the best habs coaches since
jacques demers?

The honeymoon between Julien and his players is over so we'll learn that soon enough.

Cariboux 02-03-2004 04:56 PM

Julien impress me a lot with his decision to sit Z in the 3rd period. I think that all the players, vets included, understood that there is no one who can get out of Julien's system. He's in control of his team and has the confidence of BG. This could just benifit for The Habs