HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   I got new leg pads! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=492163)

nodq 03-14-2008 08:06 PM

I got new leg pads!
 
Well, new to me. RBK 8k's. Used by the previous owner in only 2 games! So they are practically new. Got them pretty cheap too. These sell now for around $600 and i got them for $350 (with the matching thigh boards [off the 6k] which never came with the 8k. Guess trolling craigslist finally paid off.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...re003small.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...004smaller.jpg

These are replacing my old Heaton H6 stand up pads. Selling those on craigslist now.

:thumbu:

eleventy 03-14-2008 08:28 PM

Sweet deal man. Enjoy them!

Stephen 03-14-2008 08:30 PM

Hope you do better than Raycroft in them...

nodq 03-15-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 13096928)
Hope you do better than Raycroft in them...

Damnit, you noticed. :sarcasm: Yeah... while the color is cool, teh fact that they are Raycroft schemed is kind of a downer.

I prefer to refer to them as Vesa color schemed... although i know he doesn't use RBK.

By the way, if anyone in interested in my old pads, i got them on craiglist now. (San Francisco Bay Area)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/spo/606814420.html

Henrique Iglesias 03-15-2008 12:16 PM

Wow, nice job, those look brand new and you got them for $350 :thumbu:

towel_power88 03-15-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodq (Post 13100322)
Damnit, you noticed. :sarcasm: Yeah... while the color is cool, teh fact that they are Raycroft schemed is kind of a downer.

I prefer to refer to them as Vesa color schemed... although i know he doesn't use RBK.

By the way, if anyone in interested in my old pads, i got them on craiglist now. (San Francisco Bay Area)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/spo/606814420.html

acutally toskala does use RBK but they are the X-pulse Style just like brodeur and kolzig. but anyways i bought the same pads but in different colours and not as good as a deal as you and have used them for a year and i am really happy with them. they are a great pad

nodq 03-15-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towel_power88 (Post 13103289)
acutally toskala does use RBK but they are the X-pulse Style just like brodeur and kolzig. but anyways i bought the same pads but in different colours and not as good as a deal as you and have used them for a year and i am really happy with them. they are a great pad

Whoa, my bad. He didn't use them here in San Jose. I think he used to use Vaughn.

eleventy 03-15-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodq (Post 13107509)
Whoa, my bad. He didn't use them here in San Jose. I think he used to use Vaughn.

He actually did use the RBK Xpulse in San Jose.

MikeD 03-16-2008 10:43 AM

The extent of a pros goalie leg pads in comparison to a stock models ends with the graphics. In many cases it is JUST the graphics over an older style design pad that the goalie prefered to wear. What a Pro wears is RARELY anything like the stock model. One of the exceptions is Brodeur. His have very little mods to them.

Nice pads and great Deal!

nodq 03-17-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleventy (Post 13108744)
He actually did use the RBK Xpulse in San Jose.

Oh stop it you. :sarcasm:

Brodeur 03-17-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeD (Post 13117577)
The extent of a pros goalie leg pads in comparison to a stock models ends with the graphics. In many cases it is JUST the graphics over an older style design pad that the goalie prefered to wear. What a Pro wears is RARELY anything like the stock model. One of the exceptions is Brodeur. His have very little mods to them.

Nice pads and great Deal!

I think Toskala and Ryan Miller also use the older Heaton 10 pad but with the X-Pulse graphic.

Brodeur actually uses a very very very old model (DR) and CCM/RBK just reskins it with whichever model they're selling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodq
These sell now for around $600 and i got them for $350

Very nice deal, I'm trying to be good and not use my tax refund money on the new Vaughn Velocity senior pads.

bashbros8 03-19-2008 04:15 PM

there called goalie pads

The Lollipop King 03-19-2008 04:37 PM

I call them exterior leg shields

MikeD 03-20-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 13138503)
I think Toskala and Ryan Miller also use the older Heaton 10 pad but with the X-Pulse graphic.

Brodeur actually uses a very very very old model (DR) and CCM/RBK just reskins it with whichever model they're selling.

Yes, Brian Heaton designed the Helite series pad(with brody) which was very much like the DR that brody was wearing. Heaton added a few bells and whistles that were new to the goalie pad back in the late 90's such as an actual knee cradle, boot channel, calf wedge and skate heel straps to provide a better integration of the pad to the skate. It went a few steps above the DR of the time. It was this heaton line that took the goalie leg pad into the modern era, leaving the old Cooper-ish look and feel in the past. Mostly the feel and weight, while retaining the knee rolls.

It was then Pete Smith that totally revolutionized the pad with the Velocity line. Rather than spend the coin on hte latest Velo, check out Petes current work at smithhockey.com or for a line that has tweaked the latest Velo, making solid improvement on the design, look to the Simmon UL4. Strap positioning and materials used improve on the Velo for greater comfort, functionality and durability.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.