HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tuesday Lineup: Halak Starts + Mondays Practice Lines (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=493074)

Lord Horse 03-17-2008 12:27 PM

Tuesday Lineup: Halak Starts + Mondays Practice Lines

per RDS
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/248086.html

To me it's a given, when you get a shutout you get a reward. Anyone disagree?

From TSN.ca
A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Grabovski - S. Kostitsyn
Streit - Smolinski - Kostopoulos
Begin - Lapierre - Dandenault

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Brisebois
Bouillon - O'Byrne
Gorges

Halak
Price

Jee 03-17-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwoar (Post 13134492)
per RDS
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/248086.html

To me it's a given, when you get a shutout you get a reward. Anyone disagree?

yeah me, I'll be there and I wanted to see Price.... damn it!

anyway, Halak earned it.

FrankMTL 03-17-2008 12:30 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I am surprised.

I'm not against his decision, but I would think carbo should have a number 1 in his head before the playoffs...

David_99 03-17-2008 12:30 PM

I like it. Just hope it doesn't affect Price much. He does a lot better the more starts he gets.

goldglove 03-17-2008 12:30 PM

I disagree

King Woodballs 03-17-2008 12:31 PM

I like Halak... but he did shutout one of the worst teams in the league... Price should be getting the start... I smell trouble going around the bend

417 03-17-2008 12:33 PM

Good decision...you can't take Halak out against the Blues.

It's sucks for Price since it'll be 7 days between starts for Price, but still...

Even if Price is the future of this franchise, the Habs better be careful of the way they treat Halak, who I think is going to be a fine goalie himself.

He's an RFA at the end of this year and the habs have to show faith in him.

if anything, the better Halak plays in his few starts, the more value he has

Halak is getting rewarded for his patience...good decision by Carbo

There's still 8 games left this season after Tuesday, Price is going to play all if not the majority of those.

This game vs the Blues isn't even a conference game...if Halak was to see another game this year, THIS game is the one

One Man Rock Band 03-17-2008 12:33 PM

Awesome!

IMO, if you get a shutout.. you should play the next game. I don't care if Andrew Raycroft got a shutout (somehow).. he deserves the next game after a performance like that.

It's too bad it's the Blues, because I want to see Halak against some good competition.. so people stop with all the ******** comments about him.

CareyClutch 03-17-2008 12:33 PM

So here we go again..the musical chair:shakehead

WestCoast 03-17-2008 12:33 PM

I don't like it, Price has gone against some of the best teams his past two starts where Halak has gotten two of the worst teams in his past two, Guy has to look at the matchups more closely and understand that of course Price would have done probably just as well in those games and not reward for beating up on a lame duck.

Coco Fever 03-17-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldglove (Post 13134528)
I disagree

Me too. I think it was a good timing to really set who's #1.
If Kevin Weekes gets the shutout does he start the next game? I don't think so.
Cause they clearly identified their #1 goalie.

Thsi is one of the few times I don't agree with Guy.
But if he thinks it's good for the team...so be it.

Clumsyhab 03-17-2008 12:34 PM

CKAC mentionned last week that Price would get the start this tuesday no matter what happens on Saturday :shakehead

JGRB 03-17-2008 12:34 PM

Agree, to an extent... Price has to start both Boston games if this is the case. Regardless of how Halak plays.

This could considerably up the value of Halak however, which could be a double-edged sword for us. Either he'll command a little too much $$ as a RFA, or perhaps Gainey would gauge interest on draft day by trading him to a team that needs a goalie? Or maybe i am thinking into it a bit too much.

Tuggy 03-17-2008 12:35 PM

I really wasn't sure how Guy was going to go with this one. I can understand both sides of the fence. But if we were playing a Pittsburgh or New Jersey then I think we'd be seeing Price. I think we'll see Carey on Thursday.

Bill McNeal 03-17-2008 12:35 PM

With 9 games left in the season the team should be getting ready for the playoffs, not have another goalie controversy brewing...

What happens if Halak wins? If you go back to Price it's nonsensical, but if you don't the guy who's "supposed to be" your #1 is getting over a week off with the playoffs just around the corner.

Little Nilan 03-17-2008 12:36 PM

Not a fan of this at all. Price is a guy who wants the net, you don't play with that when you're a few games from the post-season.

Spectaculard 03-17-2008 12:37 PM

What the **** is Carbo doing? I thought Price was our number one goalie? Now as we near the playoffs he starts playing around with the goalies?

417 03-17-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogurt (Post 13134592)
With 9 games left in the season the team should be getting ready for the playoffs, not have another goalie controversy brewing...

What happens if Halak wins? If you go back to Price it's nonsensical, but if you don't the guy who's "supposed to be" your #1 is getting over a week off with the playoffs just around the corner.

There's plenty of time left...

You guys all need to calm down.

Both of our goalies combined have gone 7-3 with a 2.00GAA, they both deserve to play. So what if Halak gets this start, it's not the end of the world

You all are looking for a controversy, there's really nothing to see here.

Seb 03-17-2008 12:38 PM

GOALIE CONTROVERSY! :scared:

Bullsmith 03-17-2008 12:39 PM

Well that's a surprise, but you can't argue Halak earned another start pretty damn soon. He was outstanding against the Islanders.

I still think Price is the starter and that's not going to change, but Guy really does like to stir things up, doesn't he?

Teufelsdreck 03-17-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestCoast (Post 13134562)
I don't like it, Price has gone against some of the best teams his past two starts where Halak has gotten two of the worst teams in his past two, Guy has to look at the matchups more closely and understand that of course Price would have done probably just as well in those games and not reward for beating up on a lame duck.

You've answered your own question. Halak plays home games against weaker teams. Carbonneau is throwing him a bone--give him just enough so that he doesn't bolt to Russia at the end of the season.

Tuggy 03-17-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck (Post 13134630)
You've answered your own question. Halak plays home games against weaker teams. Carbonneau is throwing him a bone--give him just enough so that he doesn't bolt to Russia at the end of the season.

That's pretty much how I see it.

417 03-17-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrychair (Post 13134618)
What the **** is Carbo doing? I thought Price was our number one goalie? Now as we near the playoffs he starts playing around with the goalies?

So because Halak starts against the 2nd worst team in the Western Conference, that somehow means Price is no longer the #1 goalie?

You guys are hilarious

Boris Le Tigre 03-17-2008 12:40 PM

play him until he's scored on.

Marc the Habs Fan 03-17-2008 12:40 PM

I don't like the decision mainly because this will give Price 7 days off (unless Halak posts another shutout tomorrow) until the very important Boston game on Thursday. That's too long.