HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamrlik in awe of Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=493094)

Team_Spirit 03-17-2008 12:31 PM

Hamrlik in awe of Montreal

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/5375

Habs fans in awe of Hamrlik :thumbu: One of the guys that show up every night, he's a rock.

Quote:

In today's Journal de Montréal, Marc de Foy writes that Canadiens defenceman Roman Hamrlik is in paradise playing in Montreal. While he is surprised by his team's performance this season, Hamrlik is even more impressed with the fans that have the Bell Centre rocking on a nightly basis. As the article says, he hasn't seen anything yet. Wait until the playoffs.

One Man Rock Band 03-17-2008 12:32 PM

Hammer, in my opinion, has been our best defenseman all year.

Markov has had better games. Komisarek too. But Hamrlik never makes a mistake. I love him.

MJG 03-17-2008 12:34 PM

The feeling is mutual. :yo:

anarmandaleb 03-17-2008 12:34 PM

That's my future husband.

Hochelaga* 03-17-2008 12:35 PM

hmmm...I think Markov is our best d-man this year just because hes one of the 2 keys of our PP with Kovalev which gave us a lot of victory.
But hamrlik is not a bad choice.

Russeltown 03-17-2008 12:37 PM

I want to put an word + an emoticon but instead, I'll try to express an opinion.

Hamrlik is a stud on defense and, notwithstanding the fact he might be overpaid according to some experts, he plays efficiently every games, which is what Montreal fans want.

RussCourtnallsGhost 03-17-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russeltown (Post 13135351)
I want to put an word + an emoticon but instead, I'll try to express an opinion.

Hamrlik is a stud on defense and, notwithstanding the fact he might be overpaid according to some experts, he plays efficiently every games, which is what Montreal fans want.

As long as he's playing good, he's not overpaid! Go Hammer!:handclap:

Gros Bill 03-17-2008 12:39 PM

No wonder free agents never want to come play in Montréal.

HomaridII 03-17-2008 12:44 PM

He picked the perfect time to come here to play and he has been a rock on the blue line paired most nights with BriseBois or a rookie. Without him, I don't even want to think about it.

I love this guy.

Jee 03-17-2008 12:46 PM

He is definitely an upgrade over Souray.

Talk about a great management! :handclap:

neofury* 03-17-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 13135373)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????

I never wanted Souray back and now I know it was smart to think that way. I can't say I also said sign hamrlik but when I saw we did, I was pretty happy. Lord knows Calgary is missing him now :)

Calgary would have the best D in the NHL right now if they still had hammer.

BigM1ke 03-17-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 13135461)
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????

I think he was using sarcasm...

Anyway, it's so true that once we are in the playoffs, the Bell Centre will be WAY louder!

Habs 4 Life 03-17-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffonfire (Post 13135440)

Big time.I couldn't care less about Souray's slapshot.Hamrlik is a monster and he makes it all look easy when he's on the ice.He also deserve's a bonus for playing with Patrice...

The only real time we struggled this year is when Roman was out of the lineup..

Ozymandias 03-17-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russeltown (Post 13135351)

:amazed: :p: :D :sarcasm: :help:

:scared:

I've said it all year long... Hail to the Hammer baby!!!

http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/5561447deb094d4594.jpg

Mont Royale 03-17-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 13135373)

Indeed. It's just not worth risking permanent hearing damage.

Fans :shakehead

Odinsky* 03-17-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryder (Post 13135638)
Indeed. It's just not worth risking permanent hearing damage.

Fans :shakehead

Boivin :shakehead

Benzaza 03-17-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

he replaced Rivet actually...the fact that he is left handed and wears number 44 is a crazy coincidence but his role is more of a rivet role

superstar436 03-17-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

many seem to forget that souray refused the July 1st-2nd offer :22 million / 4 years.

I guess we were also lucky

LilWinger11 03-17-2008 01:34 PM

But, but, we could have had BRIERE!!!!! :scared:

:sarcasm:

Le depisteur 03-17-2008 01:34 PM

Last Thursday, after the 3-0 lost against the Sens, I saw Hamrlik with 2 girls come to Barraca Bar on Plateau Mont-Royal... :amazed: :D

bipolarhabfan 03-17-2008 01:42 PM

Hamrlik has played exceedingly well this season. He has been the most consistent d man we have. The only bad game he has had was the one in New York when we lost 4-3 to a Chris Drury breakaway in OT. Hamr finished -4 in that game, or something like that. Other than this, he has been a rock. Indeed, he gives the Habs a great top-three on the back end. The Habs, furthermore, made a great decision in signing him last offseason. I think it is one of the best signings of the offseason.

I know Hamrlik is happy about his decision to come to a madhouse for hockey. If he is impressed with this than a long playoff run will send him away for a hearing aid. I live 5000 km away and can feel the atmosphere at the Bell Centre through the television. Certainly, many times that I am watching I see the camera shaking quite violently. It must by an incredible experience to watch a game in such a rockin building. To the players, it must feel very special. It should make them realize that there is no better place to play hockey than in Montreal. If they happen to win a Cup than they will be treated with the greatest of respect in Montreal and by Habfans living around NA.

Bullsmith 03-17-2008 01:46 PM

Gainey signed both Hamrlik and Kovalev as UFAs. IMO, without those two habs don't make the playoffs. Makes all his other UFA signings look like what they were - minor.

Iwishihadacup 03-17-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullsmith (Post 13136154)
Gainey signed both Hamrlik and Kovalev as UFAs. IMO, without those two habs don't make the playoffs. Makes all his other UFA signings look like what they were - minor.

WRONG!!!

Kovalev was traded

Balej + a 1st for kovy

Little Nilan 03-17-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 13136192)
WRONG!!!

Kovalev was traded

Balej + a 1st for kovy

Kovalev re-signed as a UFA in august of 2005 following the lockout.

Jee 03-17-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 13136192)
WRONG!!!

Kovalev was traded

Balej + a 1st for kovy

it was a second btw... Bruce Graham