HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Malkin escapes with a near miss, NHL's eyes are closed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=493619)

Siberian 03-18-2008 11:50 PM

Malkin escapes with a near miss, NHL's eyes are closed

I posted a similar thread on the main board, but the thread was closed, unfortunately in the current NHL they need someone to be seriously hurt or pressure from the media - only then the NHL will notice.

Anyways, what happened in Philadelphia-Pittsburgh game could have been real tragic, but I guess us Russian fans were a little bit lucky that day.

Here is a video of what happened. Malkin decked Mike Richards and while Malkin was going to leave falling Richards behind Richards threw his right left up and at Malkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRaBdKs3Xk

This could have been an injury that might have changed the whole Malkin's career. The way Richards threw his leg up looked very unnatural, there was no doubt that it was simply a reckless play, he simply doesn't have any respect for Malkin as a person and a hockey player. There is no way things like that should exist in hockey. Unfortunately NHL will not even look at this incindent because nobody got hurt.

Surfing the youtube I found this was not the first time Richards has done similar, he throws his legs up with a good consistency. Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd29PZ-PuZg
In the second episode he did somewhat similar. This guy needs to be stopped before he seriously hurts someone.

Buya89 03-19-2008 12:33 AM

Wow I didnt notice this before, but if you look closely his weight is shifting forward so he is leaning forward. It still could be possible it was last ditch effort to get a piece of gino, I hope not. But knowing flyers, i wouldnt put it past them

Metallian* 03-19-2008 12:35 AM

Pierre Macguire "That's what you've gotta do. If you're Mike Richards you gotta play hard on Evgeni Malkin"

how can that bald a-hole advocate Richards actions in the same breath as referring to Zednik's life threatening incident?

No class (much like the entire Philadelphia organization)

Buya89 03-19-2008 12:40 AM

Oh the commentary is kinda disturbing. When I heard it the first time I was like, "*** its okay for players to go skate first in to their opponents?" Pierre-******

Macman 03-19-2008 08:18 AM

Where does McGuire advocate going in skate first on Malkin? It was a scary incident and I understand the concern, guys, but let's not get carried away. He said you gotta play Malkin hard. Who would disagree with that?

It was a reckless play by Richards for sure. I'm sure there was no intent to injure but he was trying to get a piece of a guy with a part of the body that has to remain on the ice. It's too dangerous.

For the life of me, I don't understand why these guys don't wear neck guards. A two- ounce strip of reinforced cloth is going to turn Malkin or anyone else into a terrible player? I think not.

Dima87* 03-19-2008 08:28 AM

That was 100% intentional, what a *******. Laraque better whoop that a** next time these two meet.

ShawnTHW 03-19-2008 12:01 PM

Richards did not purposely throw his leg up into Geno's face. He isnt that kind of player. Just like Jokinen didnt purposely throw his leg up into Zednik's face. It just happened. But as for us Russians, we were really lucky Geno didnt get hurt. But its time to back off Richards a bit. Malkin did a quick spinorama which caught Richards off guard causing him to somewhat trip when trying to turn. Thats how his leg caught him.

Siberian 03-19-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnTavares09 (Post 13165462)
Richards did not purposely throw his leg up into Geno's face. He isnt that kind of player. Just like Jokinen didnt purposely throw his leg up into Zednik's face. It just happened. But as for us Russians, we were really lucky Geno didnt get hurt. But its time to back off Richards a bit. Malkin did a quick spinorama which caught Richards off guard causing him to somewhat trip when trying to turn. Thats how his leg caught him.

He threw his leg to stop or slow down Malkin, there is no doubt about that. But if he does not realize what kind of injury that can cause he should not be playing hockey. You don't give retards a gun for the same reason because they don't know what they are doing.

malkinfan 03-19-2008 04:34 PM

I've been very observant that whenever Laraque is not in the lineup or gets kicked out of a game, the flyers play dirty.
A little OT - the best was when biron blockered spezza in the back of the head after he was scored on, biron in the interview smiled and said it must have been something to do with the tough reputation of the team. Yeah, where was that toughness when Laraque took him out? Any other team would have cleared the bench. Everyone on the team looked the other way. Why? because A)Biron is really a sissy B)Laraque already pummbled Cote that game already and C) even 40yr. old Roberts pumbled almost half his age Eager prior to this (by the way, eager was traded like a week later.
Laraque also nailed downey who faked laying on the ice so he wouldn't have to stand up for himself because he is also a panzy.
I love how the Flyers think there so tough, really they are dirty panzies! Next match up will be interesting.
Try posting something like this on the Flyers board, everyone even the moderators are dillusional on that board.

ShawnTHW 03-19-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkinfan (Post 13169416)
I've been very observant that whenever Laraque is not in the lineup or gets kicked out of a game, the flyers play dirty.
A little OT - the best was when biron blockered spezza in the back of the head after he was scored on, biron in the interview smiled and said it must have been something to do with the tough reputation of the team. Yeah, where was that toughness when Laraque took him out? Any other team would have cleared the bench. Everyone on the team looked the other way. Why? because A)Biron is really a sissy B)Laraque already pummbled Cote that game already and C) even 40yr. old Roberts pumbled almost half his age Eager prior to this (by the way, eager was traded like a week later.
Laraque also nailed downey who faked laying on the ice so he wouldn't have to stand up for himself because he is also a panzy.
I love how the Flyers think there so tough, really they are dirty panzies! Next match up will be interesting.
Try posting something like this on the Flyers board, everyone even the moderators are dillusional on that board.

Yo seriously. You gotta calm down about the Flyers play. They have always had a rough style of play to them and just because they lose a few fights doesnt mean they are wusses. Crosby has only fought once in which he happened to win. Let him go up against Cote, Downie, or even Richards and he will get his ass kicked. The Jones hit on Bergeron was not on purpose. It was no ones fault even though everyone makes it out to be Jones' fault. You gotta get your head outta your ass. When Simon and Pronger stomp on people, that gives them a free ride. But the second something has to do with the Flyers, all hell breaks loose and people start calling them panzies. Thats just insane.