HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ''Slim possibility'' Dykhuis stays with Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49383)

Marc the Habs Fan 02-03-2004 10:59 PM

''Slim possibility'' Dykhuis stays with Habs

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N4020402D.html

The article quotes BG who says that there's a ''slim possibility'' Dykhuis stays with the team for the rest of the year and it appears his call up was only an emergency with the Bouillon thing.

However, he also says that they talk about sending Komo down ''every 2 days'' so he can play every game.

Something doesn't add up here to me. If they are thinking about sending Komo down every 2 days, why would they say there's a slim possibility Dykhuis stays up? Seems like Dykhuis would be the 7th if Komo is sent down. You don't want Traverse or Hainsey in that role.

Anyone else a bit confused about this like I am?

Or maybe Denis Gauthier is really coming to town and both are going down? hehe just had to add that

Habsolution 02-03-2004 11:14 PM

Yeah well I really don't read too much into that. It's just like last time. I feel like Dykhuis will be back to Hamilton as soon as Bouillon is back. I could be wrong though.. :p

NWT Habs Fan 02-03-2004 11:18 PM

Dykhuis has been playing really well in Hamilton from what all reports have been saying. He is a good callup for depth as the 7th guy while the Cube recovers and returns to that role.

Who knows about that Komo comment. It is clear that he needs more ice time as tonight's game indicates...not playing full ice time doesn't really help him get into a good groove.

Mike8 02-04-2004 12:55 AM

Every time Gainey makes a statement, it feels like he's talking in circles so the media and fans can make up what they want from it.

sandman08 02-04-2004 05:17 AM

i think the thought with komo is that he's going to learn certain things from the coaching staff and is going to improve to a certain extent even if he isnt playing (read: him staying) but he needs to stay in game shape and actually play in order to put the things he's being taught or told to work on into action to see if he improves or regresses (read: wanting to send him back down every 2 days)

at some point in time, there'll come a time when he WILL need to JUST play and at that point, dykhuis becomes the 7th d-man since he's pretty much learned all there is to learn about the game and all that stuff since he's a vet..

as for the cube, maybe his issues or whatever he is dealing with is far worst then we think/know and he'll be gone long term and thats why dykhuis is gonna be here longterm (read: the slim possibility)

or i could be totally off and BGs trying to blow smoke up everyones @@@ and is working on some sorta trade involving someone or he's REALLY blowing smoke up everyones @@@ and he means absolutely nothing by his comments..

montreal 02-04-2004 06:41 PM

Well I'd rather see Komo play every day in Hamilton at his RD position, then sitting out 4-5 games or more at a time just to get in one game or so with the Habs. I think at his age he needs to be playing as much as possible, and seeing him in the press box pisses me off. Dykhuis can enjoy nachos and beer in the press all season long (actually I'd rather see Traverse in the press box, as Dykhuis is more useful to the Dogs then Traverse, as long as neither plays with the Habs)

montreal 02-04-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
Look at Joe Thornton 18 year old kid played like 20 games on the 4th line

Look at him now

If our management is good (and it is and we believe it to be) then let us show faith in our management to do as well if not better with Komo as the Bruins did with Joe

Yea and he's not a defensemen who has a problem with his hockey sense and adapting to the speedy players and thinking faster. Sorry but Thornton and Komo are in two different worlds.

Tuggy 02-04-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
Look at Joe Thornton 18 year old kid played like 20 games on the 4th line

Look at him now

If our management is good (and it is and we believe it to be) then let us show faith in our management to do as well if not better with Komo as the Bruins did with Joe

I don't think its fair to compare Thornton and Komiserak. They are on very different levels and I also think that defense is a much harder position for a player to develop. Also some players just develop faster then others, everyone is different.