HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Savard... sent to scout the Flames? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49441)

BLONG7 02-04-2004 07:10 AM

Savard... sent to scout the Flames?
 
On another habsfans site, they say that AS has been scouting the Flames for the past 3 games... adding fuel to the fire for sure! It mentions Conroy,Gauthier, and Iggy? Wow! I just can't see BG making a big deal (Iginla) but the Conroy talk may make some sense....and then there's the Gauthier talk again :dunno: Any thoughts guys? I did read somewhere that Sutter wants a centreman with good faceoff skills, but YP?

CHareth 02-04-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
On another habsfans site, they say that AS has been scouting the Flames for the past 3 games... adding fuel to the fire for sure! It mentions Conroy,Gauthier, and Iggy? Wow! I just can't see BG making a big deal (Iginla) but the Conroy talk may make some sense....and then there's the Gauthier talk again :dunno: Any thoughts guys? I did read somewhere that Sutter wants a centreman with good faceoff skills, but YP?

Conroy is no slouch at center, and he is so much more responsible defensively. Why would Sutter trade him for the quintessential Anti-Sutter player in Yanic Perreault? I don't buy all this speculation of Conroy and/or Gauthier for Perreault et al. I'll believe it when I see it.

PrairieHabber 02-04-2004 08:28 AM

Mark Spector addressed the latest Calgary-Montreal rumor on his website today. Link: http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/default.html

It was mentioned that Conroy would be an excellent fit with what Gainey said about the Habs needs. Also, that Sundstrom played for Coach Sutter in San Jose and likes what he brings to the table. That's not saying it would be a 1 for 1 but those are some possible names. What adds fuel to the fire is that Conroy seems to be in Sutter's doghouse (according to the website).

Firthbird 02-04-2004 10:40 AM

Well this trade would seem reasonable:

To Calgary: Perreault, Sundstrom
To Montreal: Gauthier, Conroy

Maybe Montreal would have to pick up some of Perreault's contract, since Calgary cannot afford him. But I would still do it! :teach:

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well this trade would seem reasonable:

To Calgary: Perreault, Sundstrom
To Montreal: Gauthier, Conroy

Maybe Montreal would have to pick up some of Perreault's contract, since Calgary cannot afford him. But I would still do it! :teach:

that deal is doable

let's do it before Calgary finds out

muwhahahaha :lol:

English Hab 02-04-2004 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well this trade would seem reasonable:

To Calgary: Perreault, Sundstrom
To Montreal: Gauthier, Conroy

Maybe Montreal would have to pick up some of Perreault's contract, since Calgary cannot afford him. But I would still do it! :teach:

Yeah it sounds like a plan... however would we really want to give up Sundstrom... i mean hes playing quite well at the moment... don't you think we should hang on to him till around deadline day then shift him... This could be the beginning of a nice period of play for Nik. Remember when he first got traded he started of really hot... And with Dagenias playing like a chump and really not performing offensively - like he should to keep in the team. Don't you think we should hold off any trade until at least Sundstrom has cooled down somewhat.. And yes i do know that playing well in two/three games doesn't a hot streak make... however i just think with the loss of dagenias goals that Sundstrom's are somewhat easing their loss....???

Let me know...

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English Hab
Yeah it sounds like a plan... however would we really want to give up Sundstrom... i mean hes playing quite well at the moment... don't you think we should hang on to him till around deadline day then shift him... This could be the beginning of a nice period of play for Nik. Remember when he first got traded he started of really hot... And with Dagenias playing like a chump and really not performing offensively - like he should to keep in the team. Don't you think we should hold off any trade until at least Sundstrom has cooled down somewhat.. And yes i do know that playing well in two/three games doesn't a hot streak make... however i just think with the loss of dagenias goals that Sundstrom's are somewhat easing their loss....???

Let me know...

time to trade him while he is doing well

MeTaL4EvR 02-04-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well this trade would seem reasonable:

To Calgary: Perreault, Sundstrom
To Montreal: Gauthier, Conroy

Maybe Montreal would have to pick up some of Perreault's contract, since Calgary cannot afford him. But I would still do it! :teach:

By the time Perreault will be dealt, he's only gonna have a month or two left to pay of his contract since he's a UFA at the end of the season. Sundstrom is a good two way forward who can put up some points and he is a RFA at the end of this season. Gauthier is a young defenseman that can hit hard and play okay hockey (from what I've seen from him so far) I don't know much about Conroy situation there but they took out the "C" from him this year so maybe it's not that great. Conroy is also a UFA at the end of this season and Gauthier is a RFA if I remember correctly. I'd do it as long we don't have to give some Montreal young players (Hossa, Hainsey, Pleckanec, ..).

English Hab 02-04-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
time to trade him while he is doing well

Yeah i can see your point... his stock value would be up i suppose- therefore he could probably get someone a little better, but if this is the case we must be prepared i think for either players coming in, to perform straight away or at the very least someone else in the roster to make a run in points...Also you must remember most teams want just trade for a player based on a mid season spurt of points or a hot streak. They'd looked back over his overall effect on the team and what he looks like in the bigger picture.. But it is a touch one to call.... know what i mean???

fatmax 02-04-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well this trade would seem reasonable:

To Calgary: Perreault, Sundstrom
To Montreal: Gauthier, Conroy

Maybe Montreal would have to pick up some of Perreault's contract, since Calgary cannot afford him. But I would still do it! :teach:

It surely is since Perreault is a UFA at the end of this season, as well as Conroy, and I would love to see gauthier in an habs jersey, but I was reading a similar tread in the tarde rumors section and Calgary fans seems to want a NHL defensemen (#6 or 7) in return since there's too many yougsters on their blue line, do you think that Dykhuis will be this player or maybe a left D is included in this trades, there is so muh things that we don't know!

If Dykhuis play against the Islanders, I guess it will be strange! don,t you think???

obcd1 02-04-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
time to trade him while he is doing well

why trade players when they are doing well? we need players who are doing well if we want to win

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
why trade players when they are doing well? we need players who are doing well if we want to win

doing well?

as in another average player

doing well gets you into the play-offs

doing great let's you win some

Montreal has enough average players and we are waiting for the rooks to fill in the gaps

Conroy and Gauthier still have alot of years left

it could be the key ingrediant we need

a right handed center?
a gritty, nasty defenceman?

works for me since Perrault is going to be moved anyway

if we are going to move those two players here is the best scenario
1. trade them out of the conference
2. trade them to a Canadian team
3. fill in our holes

seems this works for both of us

IcE ColD 02-04-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well this trade would seem reasonable:

To Calgary: Perreault, Sundstrom
To Montreal: Gauthier, Conroy

Maybe Montreal would have to pick up some of Perreault's contract, since Calgary cannot afford him. But I would still do it! :teach:

I doubt that trade is going to happen. BG will probably send a d-man to Calgary for Gauthier since there's no "extra" place on the blue line. With Markov, Souray, Brisebois, Bouillon, Rivet, Quintal and Komisarek on the team, that would make an 8th d-man.

It would be so nice though to trade Rivet for Gauthier... :)

Go Habs Go 02-04-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
why trade players when they are doing well? we need players who are doing well if we want to win


Because they are doing well now, doesn't mean they will do well tomorrow.

obcd1 02-04-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD
I doubt that trade is going to happen. BG will probably send a d-man to Calgary for Gauthier since there's no "extra" place on the blue line. With Markov, Souray, Brisebois, Bouillon, Rivet, Quintal and Komisarek on the team, that would make an 8th d-man.

It would be so nice though to trade Rivet for Gauthier... :)

why would Calgary want a def if they trade one because they have a lot of depth there

KILLger 02-04-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD
I doubt that trade is going to happen. BG will probably send a d-man to Calgary for Gauthier since there's no "extra" place on the blue line. With Markov, Souray, Brisebois, Bouillon, Rivet, Quintal and Komisarek on the team, that would make an 8th d-man.

It would be so nice though to trade Rivet for Gauthier... :)

It wouldn't since Rivet is better and barely the same age... there's just his $$$.

obcd1 02-04-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
Because they are doing well now, doesn't mean they will do well tomorrow.

then let's try to get Casey Hankinson from Anaheim, he might be good after that

IcE ColD 02-04-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
why would Calgary want a def if they trade one because they have a lot of depth there

I don't know, but Habs have a lot of depth there too... so I think that the only way for Montreal to add a d-man is to send on away

obcd1 02-04-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD
I don't know, but Habs have a lot of depth there too... so I think that the only way for Montreal to add a d-man is to send on away

I hope you don't consider Dykhuis and Traverse as depth

IcE ColD 02-04-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
I hope you don't consider Dykhuis and Traverse as depth

Not really... But you have already 7 d-man on the team and you could always use Beauchemin and Hainsey as backups... and if you REALLY don't have any choice, you could go with Dykhuis or Traverse...

Bringing Gauthier without sending any d-man will only create discontent in your d-squad.. or maybe a second trade is running in the background

Wildbeliefs 02-04-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD
Bringing Gauthier without sending any d-man will only create discontent in your d-squad.. or maybe a second trade is running in the background

Yeah, we'll deal markov in that same trade and get Iginla...

(throwing this out there just to piss off jl :D )

habitants9_4 02-04-2004 02:48 PM

I am not sure if you guys remember, but Gainey offered a pick two players except Souray, Koivu and Theodore offer for Iggy.

I can see us acquiring Gauthier and Conroy

hmmmmmmmm..
To CGY: Hossa, Perreault and Sundstrom
To MON: Conroy and Gauthier
Hossa gives them a prospect who is ready to play in the NHL now. Who could eventually develop into a top line player.
Perreault gives them that face off man they so desperately need.
Sundstrom is a good defensive player who has been playing very well lately, he would provide them with someone to play on the PK to take Conroy's place.

Gauthier seems to be the "Briesbois of last year" to Calgary fans. Its simple their sick of him, they have what they need within to replace a guy like him. He has potential to be great, but often misses his man, and is extremely dirty. I would still love to see him in a Habs jersey,

Conroy is that 3rd line Right Handed Centre that we need, and that Gainey would like to have.

This would also add depth to both teams.
Montreal gets another 20-goal potential type of guy, more like a 50 assist guy who can feed the RW's.
Calgary gets someone who can score, win faceoffs, play on PK, and add another body to their wounded core.
Many pof them are free agents, and basically Montreal would end up spending the most money oin this deal, also helping Calgary who are a low budget team.

obcd1 02-04-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I am not sure if you guys remember, but Gainey offered a pick two players except Souray, Koivu and Theodore offer for Iggy.

This was only a rumor

whyteknight63 02-04-2004 03:16 PM

Am I missing something or is everyone jumping to conclusions with the names involved.
 
I just double-checked the Habs site to make sure I was right and Pierre Gauthier is still our Director of PROFESSIONAL Scouting and Andre Savard is Assistant to the General Manager (as well as Director of AMATEUR Scouting, I believe).

Wouldn't it be Pierre Gauthier's job to scout the Conroy's, Gauthier's, Iginla's of this trade rumour? If so, does anyone know what he is up to lately? Is he sleeping on the job or has he scouted any team lately?

Wouldn't Savard be there if they were looking for prospects? If so, who would he have been scouting if it wasn't the pros?

In all the rumours I've seen with Calgary, I have not seen a prospect mentioned so why Andre Savard's involvement? Why not involve Pierre Gauthier?

Does anyone know why?

WK63

goalchenyuk 02-04-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyteknight63
I just double-checked the Habs site to make sure I was right and Pierre Gauthier is still our Director of PROFESSIONAL Scouting and Andre Savard is Assistant to the General Manager (as well as Director of AMATEUR Scouting, I believe).

Wouldn't it be Pierre Gauthier's job to scout the Conroy's, Gauthier's, Iginla's of this trade rumour? If so, does anyone know what he is up to lately? Is he sleeping on the job or has he scouted any team lately?

Wouldn't Savard be there if they were looking for prospects? If so, who would he have been scouting if it wasn't the pros?

In all the rumours I've seen with Calgary, I have not seen a prospect mentioned so why Andre Savard's involvement? Why not involve Pierre Gauthier?

Does anyone know why?

WK63

good point ! but may be Gauthier already knows those players playing in the west and Gainey wanted another point of view , but i am really skeptic about that ...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.