HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   fights in the stairs at banknorth arena (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=494585)

jesus price 03-21-2008 07:02 AM

fights in the stairs at banknorth arena

after the game, the losing boston fans jumped two guys on the way down the stairs from the balcony area seats. so many habs fans u could just see red all around the arena. it was really fun time until the end of the game when the boston fans were all upset. i liked the arena though, more elbow room than the bell center but the bruins highlights in between play stoppages is insanely irritating!!

Fredi28 03-21-2008 08:44 AM

what'd you expect, habs highlights? it is boston bud. 0-7, man you guys got our number though and kovalev can just dominate a game when he wants to. being a bruins fan can sure be frusterating at times, and especially in a season when you legitimately can not beat the Habs! Good game again for you guys, i wish we could just skip saturday nights game because I fear what the final score will be...:help:

Ice Poutine 03-21-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredi28 (Post 13198174)
...Good game again for you guys, i wish we could just skip saturday nights game because I fear what the final score will be...:help:

Hey, we're helping you by letting Komisarek recover from his 'lower a**' injury. Should be a closer game!:thumbu:

Fredi28 03-21-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 13198199)
Hey, we're helping you by letting Komisarek recover from his 'lower a**' injury. Should be a closer game!:thumbu:

haha, well as much as I hope your right, the season series...or i guess i should say the last 10 games have taught me that there really isn't much hope against you guys at the moment. At least we only lost by 2 last night though, right :sarcasm:

I just hope we keep it respectable tomorrow night and don't get embarrassed for the 4th straight time at the Bell Centre.

LidstrOrrm* 03-21-2008 08:53 AM

I sure hope you weren't expecting to feel welcomed... go sit in the Yankee Stadium's bleachers with a Sox shirt... search youtube for bleachers creatures

Ice Poutine 03-21-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredi28 (Post 13198208)
I just hope we keep it respectable tomorrow night and don't get embarrassed for the 4th straight time at the Bell Centre.

Actually i need you guys to win so that i can collect on a bet, but i want the streak to go on too... i'm torn..:cry:

Atlantic Giant 03-21-2008 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesus price (Post 13197758)
after the game, the losing boston fans jumped two guys on the way down the stairs from the balcony area seats. so many habs fans u could just see red all around the arena. it was really fun time until the end of the game when the boston fans were all upset. i liked the arena though, more elbow room than the bell center but the bruins highlights in between play stoppages is insanely irritating!!

Same thing happened to a friend of mine in montreal a couple weeks ago. The only thing is they put him in the hospital for a few days. I don't care who you are or what team you hope for there's no reason in anybodys right mind to what these two cowards did to my friend.

Fredi28 03-21-2008 09:01 AM

Believe me, your not the only one who needs them to win. For my sanity, i need them to win. One of my roomates is a habs fan, if i have to sit there and watch another B's loss with him while he gloats wearing his Higgin's jersey, I am going to flip out.

I think you should just rest the Kovalev/Pleks/A.Kost line tomorrow night too, you need them fresh for the playoffs anyways...:sarcasm:

JMMR 03-21-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 13198242)
Actually i need you guys to win so that i can collect on a bet, but i want the streak to go on too... i'm torn..:cry:

Unless the bet is for your life it should not matter.
Just make another counter bet to hedge your losses.

Turbo 03-21-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantic Giant (Post 13198265)
Same thing happened to a friend of mine in montreal a couple weeks ago. The only thing is they put him in the hospital for a few days. I don't care who you are or what team you hope for there's no reason in anybodys right mind to what these two cowards did to my friend.

Hate that kind of stuff. Sad. :shakehead

Ice Poutine 03-21-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Fredi28
I think you should just rest the Kovalev/Pleks/A.Kost line tomorrow night too, you need them fresh for the playoffs anyways...
Thank you for being so nice and thinking about our players health.:)
I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to Guy Carbonneau..
:biglaugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 13198277)
Unless the bet is for your life it should not matter.
Just make another counter bet to hedge your losses.

I already have!! :biglaugh:

Beakermania* 03-21-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 13198242)

You shouldn't be torn.

There is only one choice for what to cheer for.

The Habs win and you lose your avatar bet like a man.... end of story.

Fredi28 03-21-2008 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=Ice Poutine;13198292]Thank you for being so nice and thinking about our players health.:)
I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion to Guy Carbonneau..
:biglaugh:

Of course, just trying to think logically. Let Guy know it'd be in his best interest, thanks. Alright, before i gain the reputation of a troll, i think i will retreat back to my own board and continue to argue about whether or not the B's will still be able to limp into the playoffs.

jesus price 03-21-2008 09:10 AM

some montreal fans tend to over celebrate outside at the end of the game as well. borderline taunting. its all in good fun. but some people like to take it to other levels. i loved boston though as a city, its beeeee-u-ti-ful. how ugly are the american girls though. cant beat montreal!!! oh yeah . cant even go outside to smoke a cigarette either at banknorth fleet whatever.., that sucked so we smoked in the stairs illegal

Analyzer 03-21-2008 09:26 AM

Fighting between fans after a game is bad, though it shows how much hatred there is.

At the very most, there should be some words spoken, like 'see you Saturday..." haha

I hope it's another thrilling game :D

anarmandaleb 03-21-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredi28 (Post 13198320)

Of course, just trying to think logically. Let Guy know it'd be in his best interest, thanks. Alright, before i gain the reputation of a troll, i think i will retreat back to my own board and continue to argue about whether or not the B's will still be able to limp into the playoffs.

I like this Bruins fan. Why aren't all the others like him?

Bronn 03-21-2008 10:03 AM

These Bruins fans needed their moral victory as well i guess.

jesus price 03-21-2008 10:03 AM

dont ever take the cheeze fries at the game in boston. fries with nacho cheeze.

Claimed Off Waivers 03-21-2008 10:05 AM

Fighting over a sports event really shows how lame some people are.:shakehead

bipolarhabfan 03-21-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHiggs (Post 13198826)
Fighting over a sports event really shows how lame some people are.:shakehead

Its not so bad here in North America. I wear my Habs jersey in downtown Vancouver and do get some jeers directed my way. However, I do not fear for my safety. It sucks to hear what happened to out fellow Habfans in Boston last night. I think the fact that we have beaten them 10 times in a row has something to do with it.

If you want sports violence that is truly lame than you should look no further than football in Europe. There are numerous fights before the games between fans, during the games, and after. The massacre of Italian supporters by Liverpool fans in 1986 was the nadir of these altercations. 39 spectators died. Moreover, there has even been violent conduct directed towards the players on the field. These events are why in Italy there are many games played with season ticket holders only in attendance, which means a stadium that could be only half full.

Claimed Off Waivers 03-21-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan (Post 13198934)
Its not so bad here in North America. I wear my Habs jersey in downtown Vancouver and do get some jeers directed my way. However, I do not fear for my safety. It sucks to hear what happened to out fellow Habfans in Boston last night. I think the fact that we have beaten them 10 times in a row has something to do with it.

If you want sports violence that is truly lame than you should look no further than football in Europe. There are numerous fights before the games between fans, during the games, and after. The massacre of Italian supporters by Liverpool fans in 1986 was the nadir of these altercations. 39 spectators died. Moreover, there has even been violent conduct directed towards the players on the field. These events are why in Italy there are many games played with season ticket holders only in attendance, which means a stadium that could be only half full.

That was absolutely horrible, English club officials really cleaned up thier act after that incident and the five year Champions league ban though. Hopefully round 2 of Man United vs Roma will be better policed than last year.

bipolarhabfan 03-21-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHiggs (Post 13199026)
That was absolutely horrible, English club officials really cleaned up thier act after that incident and the five year Champions league ban though. Hopefully round 2 of Man United vs Roma will be better policed than last year.

It would be nice to hear about a football match in Europe without the altercations we so readily see on a weekly basis.

I was watching a program on GolTV or Fox Sports World and it said that this year's Euro Championship will be the calmest ever because of no teams from the United Kingdom participating :biglaugh: :).

Pascal 03-21-2008 10:33 AM

I might "hate" the Ruins but there's no way I'd beat up on one of their fans just for their sport affiliation. Only total idiots do that. I hope they go to jail for a couple of days.

Peter6625 03-21-2008 10:59 AM

Well I' am sorry to hear that some Bruins fans have to act like jerks. I've been on both sides of the issue. We all go to the games to route for our team, and have a little fun. There are some losers that don't even know anything about there team and go to cause trouble. You cannot justify fighting over a sport. That crap happens in every city and its got to stop. The Bruins only let you get one beer per customer last night. I know when I was in Montreal I got treated with respect. Here most of you guys drove all the way down from Quebec to get treated like crap, its just disrespectful and wrong.

korky00 03-21-2008 11:11 AM

I hate when these things happens...last time that I went to see a Bruins/Habs fans I met Bruins fans in a bar after the game and we really had a great time! Of course there was a bit of taunting but nothing more then that!