HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Delmore to Minnesota - is it an idea? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49512)

Calgary_Moe 02-04-2004 01:00 PM

Delmore to Minnesota - is it an idea?

Could a defensively strong team like Minnesota benefit from the hard shot of Delmore on the PP without taking too much of a hit because of his defensive inadequacies?

Also - I mean, if you put him with someone like Mitchell, could Andy Delmore not blossom and learn defense on a regular shift in Minnesota? Lemaire is a genius on teaching the d- anyway.

It seems logical to me.

Moe

ceber 02-04-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe
Could a defensively strong team like Minnesota benefit from the hard shot of Delmore on the PP without taking too much of a hit because of his defensive inadequacies?

Also - I mean, if you put him with someone like Mitchell, could Andy Delmore not blossom and learn defense on a regular shift in Minnesota? Lemaire is a genius on teaching the d- anyway.

It seems logical to me.

Moe

What's left on his contract? Also, it seems like he's been having a lot of groin injuries lately.. what's the deal there? Sure would be nice to have a real booming shot on the PP, but the way things have been going for us, I'm not sure we'd even make much use of it if we had it. The puck movement hasn't been as good as it needs to be to take advantage of a strong point man, IMO. As far as the defensive side goes, I bet Lemaire could work him in somehow. He'd probably team him up with Kuba to keep the pressure down at first (Kuba seems to get 'babysitting' duty fairly often.)

Hecht 02-04-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
What's left on his contract? Also, it seems like he's been having a lot of groin injuries lately.. what's the deal there? Sure would be nice to have a real booming shot on the PP, but the way things have been going for us, I'm not sure we'd even make much use of it if we had it. The puck movement hasn't been as good as it needs to be to take advantage of a strong point man, IMO. As far as the defensive side goes, I bet Lemaire could work him in somehow. He'd probably team him up with Kuba to keep the pressure down at first (Kuba seems to get 'babysitting' duty fairly often.)

Delmore makes a million even. If anyone could possibly make him play defense it would be Lemaire. People don't call him Any Elmore for nothing (d's not included since he doesn't play any).

I think $1,000,000 is probably too much for Reisbrough's blood. I think we need another stay at home type d-man.

Calgary_Moe 02-04-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hecht

I think $1,000,000 is probably too much for Reisbrough's blood.

Half the season is over so there's only $500,000 left, right? Maybe it'd be worth a shot? He'd probably play his a$$ off to maintain his career - since he's been sent down by Buffalo this year.

Moe

BlackIce 02-04-2004 04:42 PM

He is up on the Sabres now and has been for a few weeks :teach:

Hecht 02-04-2004 05:54 PM

I'm against it because if we do get him in order to retain his rights we'll need to give him a qualifying offer of 10%. 1.1 is a little much for him.

thestonedkoala 02-04-2004 07:06 PM

No, because he sucks? How about that. We already got enough guys that we are trying to piece together that we don't need a guy that can even stick on the Sabres!

Goldy 02-04-2004 10:41 PM

Wasn't Delmore placed on waivers earlier this season? Nobody claimed him then (for free) - why might someone want to give up something for him now?

DW 02-04-2004 11:15 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Goldy, teams have passed up on him for a reason.

Wild Bill 02-06-2004 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hecht
Delmore makes a million even. If anyone could possibly make him play defense it would be Lemaire. People don't call him Any Elmore for nothing (d's not included since he doesn't play any).

I think $1,000,000 is probably too much for Reisbrough's blood. I think we need another stay at home type d-man.

Any Elmore...that's awesome...yeah this guy plays no d...I've heard he has played some wing and he sucks there too. The possibility of that big shot on the powerplay is very interesting though. Barring a nice run, I can't see them adding any payroll. Especially "Any".