HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   FLA\NAS proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49539)

barrytrotzsneck 02-04-2004 01:36 PM

FLA\NAS proposal
 
I ran this buy some Florida fans...

Denis Arkhipov + Robert Schnabel(or a fifth)

for

Viktor Kozlov

They get a young, big center that apparently can't get it done IN NASHVILLE and an odd-man-out d-man that can't skate...but plays a physical game when he can catch up with his man.

We get a second line center that plays well in both ends, wins faceoffs...and most of all...can score.

Radulov for Czar* 02-04-2004 01:40 PM

where do I sign? Seriously, they han have Schnabel and the pick if that's what it would take to get something like this done. What's the word out of Florida on this guy moving though?

triggrman 02-04-2004 01:43 PM

I'll drive!

barrytrotzsneck 02-04-2004 01:44 PM

i think that if Florida is clearly out of the playoffs at the deadline, it's feasible.

barrytrotzsneck 02-04-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
where do I sign? Seriously, they han have Schnabel and the pick if that's what it would take to get something like this done. What's the word out of Florida on this guy moving though?


Jonesey...ask JC what happened when he went up to high-five Mason at Tin Roof last night :joker:

Radulov for Czar* 02-04-2004 01:55 PM

calling him right now :joker:

left a message, now to wait for the return call :joker:

Enoch 02-04-2004 03:04 PM

That would be incredibly sweet for out team. Arkhipov may exceed elsewhere, but I have no problem with moving him......at all!

SmokeyClause 02-04-2004 03:52 PM

I'd do it. We'd be adding less than 1 million in annual salary.

biscuithead 02-04-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I ran this buy some Florida fans...

Denis Arkhipov + Robert Schnabel(or a fifth)

for

Viktor Kozlov

They get a young, big center that apparently can't get it done IN NASHVILLE and an odd-man-out d-man that can't skate...but plays a physical game when he can catch up with his man.

We get a second line center that plays well in both ends, wins faceoffs...and most of all...can score.

I'll sign off on that deal. ;)

SmokeyClause 02-04-2004 04:13 PM

I wonder if we could nab Huselius for relatively cheap. Both he and Arkhi are having atrocious years. We can find someone to play center, I'm sure.

Maybe a Kozlov and Huselius for Arkhipov, Schnabel and a pick?

barrytrotzsneck 02-04-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I wonder if we could nab Huselius for relatively cheap. Both he and Arkhi are having atrocious years. We can find someone to play center, I'm sure.

Maybe a Kozlov and Huselius for Arkhipov, Schnabel and a pick?


i would be shocked if we could pull that off. huselius isn't having a good year, but he's still regarded pretty highly. we'd likely have to add another player...maybe a high-ranking AHLer...Haydar, maybe?

Enoch 02-04-2004 05:26 PM

I'd like to add a Jason Krog type player to our team. Its not scoring pizz-zaz, but its a face-off winner that we really need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
i would be shocked if we could pull that off. huselius isn't having a good year, but he's still regarded pretty highly. we'd likely have to add another player...maybe a high-ranking AHLer...Haydar, maybe?

More than that I would think. I would bet we would have to give up one of our d-prospects......stehlik, belle, something.....

PantherBlood6* 02-04-2004 05:55 PM

Florida fan here....One thing about Kozlov is he is not good at all on faceoffs...don't know about his numbers this year, but in general he has been very poor in the circle.

Schanabel would be of no interest...we have enough marginal defensmen as is. Arkhipov is skilled, but with Jokinen Weiss Horton Nedorost down the middle, he wont really fit in the teams future.

The guys that the Preds have that I'd be interested in as a Cat fan are probably the ones they would refuse to deal...Hartnell, Hamhuis, Zidlicky...maybe Orszagh.

PantherBlood6* 02-04-2004 05:58 PM

Huselius has been awful for the most part this year, but he's been improving of late...His struggles don't take away the fact that he's got the most potential offensively out of any of our forwards, so you can be sure they aren't going to deal a guy with 40-goal potential fora middle-of-the-pack prospect.

crossxcheck 02-04-2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKF37
Florida fan here....One thing about Kozlov is he is not good at all on faceoffs...don't know about his numbers this year, but in general he has been very poor in the circle.

Schanabel would be of no interest...we have enough marginal defensmen as is. Arkhipov is skilled, but with Jokinen Weiss Horton Nedorost down the middle, he wont really fit in the teams future.

The guys that the Preds have that I'd be interested in as a Cat fan are probably the ones they would refuse to deal...Hartnell, Hamhuis, Zidlicky...maybe Orszagh.

oh don't worry arkhi canj play wing also :D

PantherBlood6* 02-04-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
oh don't worry arkhi canj play wing also :D


same story there...With Huselius/Hagman/Nilson/Kolnik/Stewart/etc., arkhipov would be of no use really....

WuRtZLeSs 02-04-2004 08:24 PM

You will take Arkhipov for Kozlov, and you will be happy. And that is that.

PredsMan 02-04-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
oh don't worry arkhi canj play wing also :D

Arkhipov was originally drafted as a wing. When he came over to N.A., they moved him to center...mostly because of his size ans skillset.

I've long been of the idea that he needs to move back to the wing, so he doesn't have to be as mindful defensively. Maybe that would allow him to be more creative.

Something else I noticed...last year he was a -18 on the season...this season he's a +2. Maybe he's working too hard on his defensive game, and hasn't figured out how to be a 2-way guy yet...

Basher 02-04-2004 10:14 PM

Good point pred-man...thats why I just want to hang on to him for one more year.

SmokeyClause 02-04-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
Arkhipov was originally drafted as a wing. When he came over to N.A., they moved him to center...mostly because of his size ans skillset.

I've long been of the idea that he needs to move back to the wing, so he doesn't have to be as mindful defensively. Maybe that would allow him to be more creative.

Something else I noticed...last year he was a -18 on the season...this season he's a +2. Maybe he's working too hard on his defensive game, and hasn't figured out how to be a 2-way guy yet...

I think Legwand's offense suffered so that Trotz could teach him defense. He took a different approach with Arkhipov and let him learn his defense slightly later. He is very defensively responsible and is often the first of the vowel line back. If any Dman pinches, Arkhi takes his place and does an admirable job. He's solid defensively, unfortunately, his offensive creativity is almost non-existant. Along with his confidence and his shot.

barrytrotzsneck 02-05-2004 01:36 AM

how about this...

to CHI: arkhipov, haydar
to NAS: Steve Sullivan

triggrman 02-05-2004 08:34 AM

Love it. Sullivan would be a perfect fit here.

SmokeyClause 02-05-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Love it. Sullivan would be a perfect fit here.

ditto that. We'd only be adding around 700,000 in terms of payroll for this season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.