HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Nashville is fun to watch (another attendance thread) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49544)

triggrman 02-04-2004 01:56 PM

Nashville is fun to watch (another attendance thread)

I was checking our attendance and noticed that on the road Nashville draws very good, meaning the rest of the NHL must enjoy going to see Nashville play thier team. Our home attendance is picking up too, I've heard Thursdays game is close to selling out. Anyway, last year we were 24th in the NHL in attendance on the road, this season we're 9th.

Radulov for Czar* 02-04-2004 02:01 PM

good info, but what's the link? I'd love to see where all the teams rank, etc..

golfmade 02-04-2004 05:28 PM

I'd like to see the numbers as well, but to go from 24th to 9th? SWEET :yo:

Jovavic 02-04-2004 06:23 PM

I know ESPN.com has some attendence numbers in their stats section.

triggrman 02-04-2004 09:32 PM

Sorry, I did pull the numbers from ESPN.

Enoch 02-04-2004 10:34 PM

How many away games do we have on the weekend? I'm kind of shocked at that number b/c it seems like to me that most of our weekend games are here at home in Nashville. If thats true, this would make that number even more significant.

sparkle twin 02-05-2004 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
How many away games do we have on the weekend? I'm kind of shocked at that number b/c it seems like to me that most of our weekend games are here at home in Nashville. If thats true, this would make that number even more significant.

Weekend Road Games:
8 -Saturday (16 Home)
5 -Sunday (1 Home)
5 -Friday (2 Home)

6 -Monday (3 Home)
4 -Tuesday (6 Home)
4 -Wednesday (3 Home)
9 -Thursday (10 Home)

I remember a few years ago Poile said that the Preds always ask for more home Saturday games since that is when we have larger attendance. It was a tradeoff so we could have more Saturday’s later in the year than in the beginning. We have 7 road trips of 3 or more games and 17 back to back game series, so I guess that makes up for the large number of Thursday/Saturday games. Also, remember where we play 2 and 3 times a year (Dal., Col., Det., Van., Edm., Cal., Min., Cbj., StL. - that makes up 21 games right there at buildings that usually sellout or come pretty close no matter who or when they play). Plus, when we go to Canada the players usually have a lot of tickets to buy, and Tootoo always has a freaking huuuge following up there.

But hey, that’s still cool that people come out to see us! Gotta get the message out here at home though.

SedinFan* 02-05-2004 03:22 AM

Vancouver's #1 this year.

triggrman 02-05-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303
Weekend Road Games:
8 -Saturday (16 Home)
5 -Sunday (1 Home)
5 -Friday (2 Home)

6 -Monday (3 Home)
4 -Tuesday (6 Home)
4 -Wednesday (3 Home)
9 -Thursday (10 Home)

I remember a few years ago Poile said that the Preds always ask for more home Saturday games since that is when we have larger attendance. It was a tradeoff so we could have more Saturday’s later in the year than in the beginning. We have 7 road trips of 3 or more games and 17 back to back game series, so I guess that makes up for the large number of Thursday/Saturday games. Also, remember where we play 2 and 3 times a year (Dal., Col., Det., Van., Edm., Cal., Min., Cbj., StL. - that makes up 21 games right there at buildings that usually sellout or come pretty close no matter who or when they play). Plus, when we go to Canada the players usually have a lot of tickets to buy, and Tootoo always has a freaking huuuge following up there.

But hey, that’s still cool that people come out to see us! Gotta get the message out here at home though.

Spank we played the same teams last season and were ranked 24th.

Enoch 02-05-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedinFan

:confused:

golfmade 02-05-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedinFan

Thanks, I was so worried about how well Vancouver was doing on the road I needed someone to come onto the Nashville Predators section and tell me that.

sparkle twin 02-06-2004 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Spank we played the same teams last season and were ranked 24th.

so? Im just saying most places we play have large crowds all the time anyways. I guess I just don‘t buy that people want to come see Nashville play. Sure we’re improved, but not to the point that I think people would make the effort to come see us play. There has to be some other factor there if more are coming out (and I think his name is Tootoo).

triggrman 02-06-2004 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303
so? Im just saying most places we play have large crowds all the time anyways. I guess I just don‘t buy that people want to come see Nashville play. Sure we’re improved, but not to the point that I think people would make the effort to come see us play. There has to be some other factor there if more are coming out (and I think his name is Tootoo).

Ok, so the reason is Tootoo. Point remains more people are coming out to see us this season.