HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   gainey to slow (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49563)

go habsgo 02-04-2004 03:47 PM

gainey to slow

i tjink bob gainey is waiting to long and that the only trade he will maike is a minor one everybody thinks it will be big but i think hes bluffing what do you guys think will he make a significantmove i hope so

Natural Habs Fan 02-04-2004 04:02 PM

I think Bob Gainey is smart and isn't acting on an impulse. He'll bring in a player or make a trade when it will improve the team, not just to satisfy the appetite of fans and the media. Bob Gainey will turn this franchise back into a Stanley Cup winner, and if things go right another Montreal dynasty.

Go Bob Go!

:yo:

obcd1 02-04-2004 04:04 PM

Big trades are not always what makes the team better, look at the Rangers

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcd1
Big trades are not always what makes the team better, look at the Rangers

sometimes I wonder if the Rangers just sign people so no one else can get them

BigM1ke 02-04-2004 04:55 PM

Just let Gainey do his job. We are 6 or 7 wins over ,500 are you want some trades right now.. Just relax. We should be last in our conference according to some people, just be happy we're doing that good.

Gainey won't do something stupid, he'll be patient and do the right thing.

Duff88 02-04-2004 04:57 PM

I'm glad none of the members of this board are GM because there would be trades everyday... :dunno:

Patience is the key to being a good GM and it is Gainey's biggest quality so let's hope that he never lose it!

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
I'm glad none of the members of this board are GM because there would be trades everyday... :dunno:

Patience is the key to being a good GM and it is Gainey's biggest quality so let's hope that he never lose it!

exactly
when we are losing peeps wanna trade
when we are winning peeps wanna trade
think we are all just trade junkies

Guy Caballero 02-04-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go habsgo
i tjink bob gainey is waiting to long and that the only trade he will maike is a minor one everybody thinks it will be big but i think hes bluffing what do you guys think will he make a significantmove i hope so

Yup. Too slow. He still hasn't traded Theodore even though the scandal involving his father is sure to ruin his season and his career, and he still hasn't traded Brisebois, who as we all know is an irredeemable defensive liability and the butt of ridicule every home game. It's obvious Gainey has no clue as to what he's doing.

My point is that we should give Gainey the benefit of the doubt this season. He's already made so many good moves that people initially doubted (acquiring Begin and Langdon, keeping Julien on, holding on to Theo, turning Brisebois around) that he deserves to finish the season without being second-guessed. I would like to see a trade too, but for all I know, Gainey is on the phone making offers every day and hasn't heard one that he's liked yet. He hasn't moved yet not because he thinks this team can win the Cup, but because he hasn't found a way to appreciably improve it via a trade. So he's being patient.

In my opinion, that's better than making trades for the sake of making trades, like when Houle traded our best heart and soul player Scott Thornton for Juha Lind.

Go Habs Go 02-04-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Yup. Too slow. He still hasn't traded Theodore even though the scandal involving his father is sure to ruin his season and his career, and he still hasn't traded Brisebois, who as we all know is an irredeemable defensive liability and the butt of ridicule every home game. It's obvious Gainey has no clue as to what he's doing.

My point is that we should give Gainey the benefit of the doubt this season. He's already made so many good moves that people initially doubted (acquiring Begin and Langdon, keeping Julien on, holding on to Theo, turning Brisebois around) that he deserves to finish the season without being second-guessed. I would like to see a trade too, but for all I know, Gainey is on the phone making offers every day and hasn't heard one that he's liked yet. He hasn't moved yet not because he thinks this team can win the Cup, but because he hasn't found a way to appreciably improve it via a trade. So he's being patient.

In my opinion, that's better than making trades for the sake of making trades, like when Houle traded our best heart and soul player Scott Thornton for Juha Lind.

Let's trade for Juha Lind! :D

Dutchy 02-04-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

And BTW, everyone in here thinks that whatever trade the Habs make before this season ends will be a minor one.

All-Star 02-04-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

He said it himself, he's not looking anything significant.

I used to think everyone understood what rebuilding a team meant, but now I'm starting to wonder. :dunno:

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
He said it himself, he's not looking anything significant.

I used to think everyone understood what rebuilding a team meant, but now I'm starting to wonder. :dunno:

so, what you are saying is trade Koivu?

All-Star 02-04-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
so, what you are saying is trade Koivu?

You forgot to put the smiley in. I can't tell if you are serious or not... Anyway, you need some vets to help the kids along... Koivu is an excellent role model. Shedding the team of anyone over 25 isn't rebuilding, it's destroying. Trading away prospects and pics (Hossa and Hainsey both fall under these categories) for vets to extend the season for a few weeks isn't rebuilding either...

goalchenyuk 02-04-2004 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
And BTW, everyone in here thinks that whatever trade the Habs make before this season ends will be a minor one.

i agree...

GhostOfTheForum 02-04-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
You forgot to put the smiley in. I can't tell if you are serious or not... Anyway, you need some vets to help the kids along... Koivu is an excellent role model. Shedding the team of anyone over 25 isn't rebuilding, it's destroying. Trading away prospects and pics (Hossa and Hainsey both fall under these categories) for vets to extend the season for a few weeks isn't rebuilding either...

never serious
a person couldn't be serious in here

All-Star 02-04-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
never serious
a person couldn't be serious in here

True... True...