HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hockey's Future Mid-season Organizational Rankings (11-20) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49610)

Joe T Choker 02-04-2004 05:50 PM

Hockey's Future Mid-season Organizational Rankings (11-20)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

14. Nashville Predators (8)

Strengths: The Predators possess very impressive talent and depth on the blueline as Ryan Suter, Kirill Safronov and Kevin Klein could all end up being top 4 blueliners in the NHL. Meanwhile, forwards Scottie Upshall and Brandon Segal could be solid two-way wingers on the right side and might fit right in with Nashville’s team. Timofei Shishkanov and Konstantin Glazachev are the only forward prospects who look purely offensive. In net, Brian Finley has rebounded nicely from injuries and could be a stud. Teemu Lassila provides goaltending depth.

Weaknesses: There isn’t a lot of offensive potential up front for Nashville. Actually, it could be argued that as a whole, Nashville really doesn’t have a prospect with the potential to be a game-breaker. There is also a lack of left wings in the organization and despite the depth on the blueline, it’s hard to say how many can make the NHL jump after the top 3. Prospects at center are missing size, and strength.

Top Prospects: (F) Scottie Upshall, (D) Ryan Suter, (F) Timofei Shishkanov, (D) Kirill Safaronov, (G) Brian Finley, (D) Kevin Klein, (F) Brandon Segal, (F) Darren Haydar.

Edit: added link to article. You can't copy chunks of articles and not post a link. That is a copyright violation, regardless of where you do it.

SmokeyClause 02-04-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

14. Nashville Predators (8)

Strengths: The Predators possess very impressive talent and depth on the blueline as Ryan Suter, Kirill Safronov and Kevin Klein could all end up being top 4 blueliners in the NHL. Meanwhile, forwards Scottie Upshall and Brandon Segal could be solid two-way wingers on the right side and might fit right in with Nashville’s team. Timofei Shishkanov and Konstantin Glazachev are the only forward prospects who look purely offensive. In net, Brian Finley has rebounded nicely from injuries and could be a stud. Teemu Lassila provides goaltending depth.

Weaknesses: There isn’t a lot of offensive potential up front for Nashville. Actually, it could be argued that as a whole, Nashville really doesn’t have a prospect with the potential to be a game-breaker. There is also a lack of left wings in the organization and despite the depth on the blueline, it’s hard to say how many can make the NHL jump after the top 3. Prospects at center are missing size, and strength.

Top Prospects: (F) Scottie Upshall, (D) Ryan Suter, (F) Timofei Shishkanov, (D) Kirill Safaronov, (G) Brian Finley, (D) Kevin Klein, (F) Brandon Segal, (F) Darren Haydar.

Edit: added link to article. You can't copy chunks of articles and not post a link. That is a copyright violation, regardless of where you do it.

I'll go ahead and echo the sentiments of a lot of people and say this...good effort but disagree totally. Our blueline depth is a weakness? No gamebreakers (isn't that what Glazachev and Shishkanov are supposed to be?) and their top prospect list is woefully inadequate. No Glazachev and no Setzinger...oh well.

And to be ranked just ahead of Detroit, who has no prospects that would crack our top 3. Somehow, I think an overall lack of a major presence on this board (in terms of a page editor) really hurts us here. And how we dropped from 8-14 yet we only lost Hamhuis is mind boggling. Yet somehow Detroit, despite adding no prospects above a late second rounder and they jump? This after their best prospect has a serious accident and who's future is relatively uncertain.

It's one thing to drop because you have a bunch of players graduate from prospects, but quite another to just randomly drop.

Guy Flaming 02-04-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Somehow, I think an overall lack of a major presence on this board (in terms of a page editor) really hurts us here. And how we dropped from 8-14 yet we only lost Hamhuis is mind boggling.

It's one thing to drop because you have a bunch of players graduate from prospects, but quite another to just randomly drop.

You might be on to something with your first point there. All the team writers and editors were asked to haev the ratings updated so the committee would have a good place to start from. If you feel your page is outdated, mention it to someone who can change it. If there is no writer for NSH, maybe someone should volunteer to help out?

Hamhuis graduated but so did Tootoo, just so you know. (check the graduated list on the NSH page).

SmokeyClause 02-04-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
You might be on to something with your first point there. All the team writers and editors were asked to haev the ratings updated so the committee would have a good place to start from. If you feel your page is outdated, mention it to someone who can change it. If there is no writer for NSH, maybe someone should volunteer to help out?

Hamhuis graduated but so did Tootoo, just so you know. (check the graduated list on the NSH page).

I meant out of the top prospects. Of which I didn't figure he was one. I'd do it if I had the time. Hey Guy, we need someone like yourself. Got any brothers?

triggrman 02-04-2004 09:39 PM

The Nashville page on hockeys future has been a joke, the rankings and ratings all are off. We get one article a month only if we start to raise hell about it. To be honest I only use this site now for the message boards, the site itself is of no benefit to me.

triggrman 02-04-2004 09:45 PM

Let's remember this is the same page that had Erat ranked a 4 at one time.

Enoch 02-04-2004 10:25 PM

14th......I think i'm getting sick. We are woefully overlooked by almost everyone. Our Prospect/farm team is our strength. We had 14 draft picks last year.....14!!!!! And we drop 6 spots? Thats crazy......we lose Hamhuis, but Add Suter who is supposed to be better......In fact, we have no reason to have dropped. If anything we should have moved up

:(

barrytrotzsneck 02-04-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
The Nashville page on hockeys future has been a joke, the rankings and ratings all are off. We get one article a month only if we start to raise hell about it. To be honest I only use this site now for the message boards, the site itself is of no benefit to me.

i agree, wholeheartedly. if by summer i don't have as much going on, I would maybe consider taking over the duties, should they be available.

triggrman 02-05-2004 09:15 AM

I like how they say we lack size, Shish, Pivko, Segal, Brown are all over 6' and over 200lbs. I guess they pulled it from the Nashville page that still has Pivko's weight from 2 years ago, actually have any of the prospects been updated, after the initial draft review? And size on defense, we have Stehlik and Weber who are both bruisers. They don't even mention Weber in the article even though he's probably third on our defensive depth chart.

Like I said, when it comes to Nashville Hockey's future doesn't have a clue.

PredsFan77* 02-05-2004 04:08 PM

What a joke...that's all I have to say...

tulsytrid1 02-09-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I like how they say we lack size, Shish, Pivko, Segal, Brown are all over 6' and over 200lbs. I guess they pulled it from the Nashville page that still has Pivko's weight from 2 years ago, actually have any of the prospects been updated, after the initial draft review? And size on defense, we have Stehlik and Weber who are both bruisers. They don't even mention Weber in the article even though he's probably third on our defensive depth chart.

Like I said, when it comes to Nashville Hockey's future doesn't have a clue.

Ditto. I can see no reason for our drop especially since we had one of the better drafts this last draft. How did Columbus move from 25 to 8?