HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Tripp and Zizka sent down (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49659)

Old Hickory 02-04-2004 08:14 PM

Tripp and Zizka sent down
 
There is a god!

Quote:

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings have assigned right wing John Tripp (conditioning assignment) and defenseman Tomas Zizka to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, Kings Senior Vice President/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.
From Lakings.com

LuckyLUC20 02-04-2004 08:20 PM

Does this mean we're getting someone back from the IR?

Please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller!

David A. Rainer 02-04-2004 08:38 PM

It could mean that Miller is coming back and Matty will be fine after the break. (*crossing my fingers*)

jfont 02-04-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Does this mean we're getting someone back from the IR?

Please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller, please be Miller!

is he even skating yet? :dunno:
i thought he's still recouperating and the eta is indefinite...

David A. Rainer 02-04-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
is he even skating yet? :dunno:
i thought he's still recouperating and the eta is indefinite...

Don't ruin my fantasy! (*find a happy place... find a happy place*)

LuckyLUC20 02-04-2004 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
is he even skating yet? :dunno:
i thought he's still recouperating and the eta is indefinite...

A couple days ago, I read in the Times or the Daily News that he is skating now and is reporting NO pain. He doesn't have all the strength back in his arms yet, but it's getting better. Good news. Let's hope this week he'll miraculously recover and get back to the old Miller we all know and love!

Face Wash 02-05-2004 12:42 AM

My guess is, they'll be called back up after the All-Star break.

Tripp needs to play to get back into game shape, Zizka just needs to play....

The VEGASKING 02-05-2004 12:57 AM

Fw is right. It's just for playing time.

jfont 02-05-2004 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
My guess is, they'll be called back up after the All-Star break.

Tripp needs to play to get back into game shape, Zizka just needs to play....

well that ruins my weekend...thanks alot FW :mad:

Old Hickory 02-05-2004 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
(*find a happy place... find a happy place*)

http://www.kinoweb.de/filme/Gilmore/pix/gilm085.jpg

punchy1 02-05-2004 10:44 AM

HooBloodyRAHHHHHH!!!!! NO MORE ZIZKA! He is simply at least a year away from NHl caliber play in my books. So, with luck its Mill (i don't even want to say his name for fear) back and I felt Matty would be back anyways. That fellow would have to have an eyeball actually hanging out of his noggin to stop his playing.

So, do we get to see the mistake of sending Camms down be fixed? Does anyone know how close Aulin is to being back yet? Interesting to see who will be with the team after the break.

Old Hickory 02-05-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
Does anyone know how close Aulin is to being back yet? Interesting to see who will be with the team after the break.

Not much news has been out there on Aulin. Someone asked AM about him about a month ago on a radio show and he said Aulin is not expected back this year. He is skating, but the shoulder needs more rehab time.

LuckyLUC20 02-05-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn

LOL ... I needed that :joker:

King Blazer 02-05-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
HooBloodyRAHHHHHH!!!!! NO MORE ZIZKA! He is simply at least a year away from NHl caliber play in my books. So, with luck its Mill (i don't even want to say his name for fear) back and I felt Matty would be back anyways. That fellow would have to have an eyeball actually hanging out of his noggin to stop his playing.

So, do we get to see the mistake of sending Camms down be fixed? Does anyone know how close Aulin is to being back yet? Interesting to see who will be with the team after the break.

Tripp's is a "conditioning assignment" no waivers and he doesn't come off of the 23-man roster. So only one roster spot opened from Zizka. The Monarchs play Friday and Saturday. Lubo on the 8th at the earliest, or "someone" else from IR, or someone from Manchester likely after the Saturday game. If Tripp is going to stay in Manchester he will have to be put on and clear waivers first.

As far as the Camms thing goes, I don't think they'll send him to Reading. He's just struggling a bit right now ;)

punchy1 02-05-2004 12:44 PM

?

LuckyLUC20 02-05-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSam
!

,

Old Hickory 02-05-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
,

@

King Blazer 02-05-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
@

word

King Blazer 02-05-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
HooBloodyRAHHHHHH!!!!! NO MORE ZIZKA! He is simply at least a year away from NHl caliber play in my books. So, with luck its Mill (i don't even want to say his name for fear) back and I felt Matty would be back anyways. That fellow would have to have an eyeball actually hanging out of his noggin to stop his playing.

So, do we get to see the mistake of sending Camms down be fixed? Does anyone know how close Aulin is to being back yet? Interesting to see who will be with the team after the break.

Let me try this again:

Zizka was assigned to Manchester so one roster spot opens as a result of his assignment.

John Tripp was sent via a "conditioning assignment" which means that he is not subject to waivers BUT remains on the active 23-man roster for LA.

Two players were assigned to Manchester, however, only one (Zizka) comes off of the roster and therefore there was only one LA 23-man roster spot opened by the assignments of Zizka and Tripp.

Currently, Lubomir Visnovsky is on the injured reserve list as of 2/1/04 and as such can't return to the 23-man active roster for 7 calendar days, the 8th. Mill is also on the IR. With only one-roster spot open on the 23-man active roster both Mil and Lubo could not be activated without moving someone off of the 23-man. If only one of the 2 is to be activated, he would occupy the slot vacated by the assignment of Zizka. If neither are ready for the game on the 10th, a Monarch would likely be recalled or perhaps a trade will happen by then.

If the Kings want to put Camms into John Tripp's roster spot (fixing the "mistake") they would first have to place Tripp on waivers. Either he clears or is claimed by another NHL team. The length of time teams have to place a claim on a waived player depends on what day the NHL office was contacted requesting waivers.

The part about Camms to Reading was a joke and therefore the ;) wink.

LuckyLUC20 02-05-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
@

&

lol ... are we bored or what? :joker:

punchy1 02-05-2004 02:34 PM

I absolutely got your post mate. The question mark were also a joke. ;)

As it started a parade of punctuation all the more smart. Comprende? If you would like to have another go at explaining it again though I always like to read others opinions on anything to do with the team and yours are always fun so have at it. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers.

The VEGASKING 02-05-2004 07:15 PM



by VEGASKING

TubbyTerrion* 02-06-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Not much news has been out there on Aulin. Someone asked AM about him about a month ago on a radio show and he said Aulin is not expected back this year. He is skating, but the shoulder needs more rehab time.


To me, that's a LOT of news... He's clearly done for the season, so what more news does one need?

Old Hickory 02-06-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
To me, that's a LOT of news... He's clearly done for the season, so what more news does one need?

I was talking in terms of quantity. For a while there were stories aboout Deader or Ally nearly every day. Aulin, just assorted bits and pieces.
I agree with what you said, he's out for the season news doesn't matter at this point

punchy1 02-06-2004 12:53 PM

I got it even without the clarification. Out for the season was enough of an answer for me. Cheers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.