HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dunham must go!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49681)

RANGER#11 02-04-2004 09:41 PM

Dunham must go!!
 
He has done nothing sense last year and he cost us the game tonight. He is with out a dought a loser. I would rather see Jussi take over he certainly would not do worse.

Bandwagoner 02-04-2004 10:18 PM

You want Turek???

#37-#93-#27* 02-04-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandwagoner
You want Turek???

If it comes with Iginla.

Hire Sather 02-04-2004 10:23 PM

Yeah. I think the team actually deserved to win tonight.

That doesnt fly now though, 8 points out of 8th.

JD is the best goalie in the organzation.

sickboy35 02-04-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Yeah. I think the team actually deserved to win tonight.

That doesnt fly now though, 8 points out of 8th.

JD is the best goalie in the organzation.

it's over! i heard sather was blaming the sticks, anybody hear this? if he said that then he is more clueless than ron blowzo! oh did i say dunham sucks!!

RANGER#11 02-04-2004 10:46 PM

What A Sad, Sad,display - We Need A New Goal Tender
 
:cry: THIS IS ANGEL NOT RANGER #11


WE NEED TO GET A NEW GOAL TENDER!!!!!!!! DUNHAM SUCKS! :mad: HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE TENDING HIS NET NOT PLAYING THE ICE A MILE AWAY FROM IT. TONIGHT'S GAME WAS A DISGRACE TO RICHTER. ONE GREAT GOALIE RETIRING AND RECEIVING HONORS AND A GOALIE THAT SUCKS TAKING HIS PLACE. SATHER IS SUCH A PEACE OF WORK OPTIONAL PRACTICE, GET HIM OUT OF POWER AND GET SOME ONE IN THERE THAT IS NOT LIVING IN THE PAST AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK HE IS DOING NOW. WE ARE THE RANGER TEAM NOT THE RANGER INDIVIDUALS. EVEN WITH JAGR I DO NOT SEE THE PLAY OFF'S IN OUR FUTURE THIS YEAR BUT I KEEP PRAYING JUST THE SAME. WE HAVE THE MONEY FOR A GOOD GOALIE WHY PAY FOR SOMEONE THAT NEEDS TO GO!!!! :dunno:

Brooklyn Ranger 02-04-2004 11:09 PM

I have never seen a "team" relax like this group did after getting the lead. It was like they just assumed that Minnesota wouldn't bother to come out and play hard in the 3rd period.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

rickyrod 02-04-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
it's over! i heard sather was blaming the sticks, anybody hear this? if he said that then he is more clueless than ron blowzo! oh did i say dunham sucks!!

he was blaming sticks and injuries in the post game press confrence. mess' comments also mentioned injuries.

on the bright side, sather also talked about taking a hard look at tjutin when he comes back(he's skating already.)

Brooklyn Ranger 02-04-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod
on the bright side, sather also talked about taking a hard look at tjutin when he comes back(he's skating already.)

As long as that means I never have to watch Malakhov in a Ranger uniform, I'm all for it :handclap:

I don't quite understand why anyone bothers to watch TLB after a game--his nose seems to grow longer after every game.

sickboy35 02-05-2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
As long as that means I never have to watch Malakhov in a Ranger uniform, I'm all for it :handclap:

I don't quite understand why anyone bothers to watch TLB after a game--his nose seems to grow longer after every game.


more frightening than that, he starting to look like muckler back there!
:joker:

RANGER#11 02-05-2004 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
more frightening than that, he starting to look like muckler back there!
:joker:

I REALY AND SUPRISED HOW EVERYONE WENT OFF THE MAIN TOPIC OF THIS THRED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?

RANGER#11 02-05-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
:cry: THIS IS ANGEL NOT RANGER #11


WE NEED TO GET A NEW GOAL TENDER!!!!!!!! DUNHAM SUCKS! :mad: HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE TENDING HIS NET NOT PLAYING THE ICE A MILE AWAY FROM IT. TONIGHT'S GAME WAS A DISGRACE TO RICHTER. ONE GREAT GOALIE RETIRING AND RECEIVING HONORS AND A GOALIE THAT SUCKS TAKING HIS PLACE. SATHER IS SUCH A PEACE OF WORK OPTIONAL PRACTICE, GET HIM OUT OF POWER AND GET SOME ONE IN THERE THAT IS NOT LIVING IN THE PAST AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK HE IS DOING NOW. WE ARE THE RANGER TEAM NOT THE RANGER INDIVIDUALS. EVEN WITH JAGR I DO NOT SEE THE PLAY OFF'S IN OUR FUTURE THIS YEAR BUT I KEEP PRAYING JUST THE SAME. WE HAVE THE MONEY FOR A GOOD GOALIE WHY PAY FOR SOMEONE THAT NEEDS TO GO!!!! :dunno:

I wish the rumor of Kovie for Bullin would of been true. Dunham must go!! :lol:

rickyrod 02-05-2004 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I REALY AND SUPRISED HOW EVERYONE WENT OFF THE MAIN TOPIC OF THIS THRED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?

i think dunham couldn't stop a beach ball from 2 feet out.

NYRBlaznBure9 02-05-2004 05:32 AM

Absolutley right...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I REALY AND SUPRISED HOW EVERYONE WENT OFF THE MAIN TOPIC OF THIS THRED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?


And we were going places without him? Mathematically this team is still in it, but to make up that much of a defecit to even just make playoffs would be incredible, and I don't expect it to happen. We saw how good Dunham could be last season, and yes this season he hit bottom, but even when Dunham was out injured, this team wasn't going anywhere! He is just one of many small problems, starting with Dolan and Sather.

Melrose_Jr. 02-05-2004 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?

I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.

jas 02-05-2004 06:33 AM

Unfortunately,
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.


Daddy has yet to ground little Jimmy, nor is he prepared to sell the team. :shakehead

allrevvedup25 02-05-2004 06:48 AM

Dunham was horrible!!! Other than that one save at the very beginning of the game, he did nothing!! All four goals he should have stopped!! Its disgusting to watch him in net!! We need to get a goalie who can make the BIG save or even the routine saves!!! Yes, Dunham played good last year, but that was this year!!! I know that our "D" sucks donkeys but he should have had Laaksonnen and Gaborik's goals easily. They were shots from the top of the circle and the other from the boards!! As well as Zholtok's goal was from the corner, Dunham was way out of position and it took him forever to get there!! I know there is tonnes of things wrong with this team but when your goalie continually lets in goals from a long piece out, how can a team get into a rythm?? Oh well, just me ranting about this f#$%ing team!!

KING 02-05-2004 06:55 AM

Rangers: Night to forget for Dunham
 
http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...4146322760.xml

John Flyers Fan 02-05-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
it's over! i heard sather was blaming the sticks, anybody hear this? if he said that then he is more clueless than ron blowzo! oh did i say dunham sucks!!


Yes, I listened to the end of the game driving home from the Flyers game.

Sather's comments as to why they lost:

#1. Goaltending, he layed into Dunham pretty good, especially for the Gaborik goal.

#2. New sticks, apparently Leetch's stick snapped while shorthanded and it led directly to a goal. He essentially said the the PK was good, but the broken stick was the problem. He went on and on about how he's trying to get the players to switch back to wooden sticks.

#3. Injuries. Said the DeVries, Poti and Malakhov (sp?) should return vs. the Devils next week. He also said that Tjutin is ready to start skating again, and acted as if he will play for the Rangers as soon as he's healthy.


Bryan Mullen's commentary for the game:

#1. Gave the Rangers the excuse that, it's very difficult to stand around for 30 minutes and watch the Richter ceremony, and then come out and play well.

#2. The Rangers play well against the good teams (Vancouver), but then don't play well against teams that aren't as good as them (Minnesota).

Last I checked Minnesota is every bit as good as the Rangers, and the Ranegrs record against the "elite teams" is pretty poor.

Fletch 02-05-2004 08:28 AM

Dunham's fine...
 
so he didn't show up to a game...big deal...it happens. For 80% of the season, he's been pretty damn good behind a porouse, piece of crap defense and a team that cannot score PP goals, and cannot keep the front of the net clear on PK and ES situations. And heck, this is the Rangers, a team that scored two or less goals in 8 of 9 games leading up to the Vancouver win (who was in nets for that one?).

Goaltending ain't the problem. Sather now thinks it is because he cannot admit that his forwards do not work hard, his system's flawed, his lines are flawed, and his defense is flawed. He's trying to find one scapegoat. And the goaltender is it - as was Richter before him.

honestmoe77 02-05-2004 08:32 AM

If the Isles go just 15-14 the Rangers must go 19-7-1. Lundmark for Burke would have all the makings of Neil Smith's panic moves before he got canned. The Rangers are done.

Smash255 02-05-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honestmoe77
If the Isles go just 15-14 the Rangers must go 19-7-1. Lundmark for Burke would have all the makings of Neil Smith's panic moves before he got canned. The Rangers are done.


With the way the Isles have been playing latley especially with Parrish coming back within a week or 2 & Yashin not long after that, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Smash255 02-05-2004 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
so he didn't show up to a game...big deal...it happens. For 80% of the season, he's been pretty damn good behind a porouse, piece of crap defense and a team that cannot score PP goals, and cannot keep the front of the net clear on PK and ES situations. And heck, this is the Rangers, a team that scored two or less goals in 8 of 9 games leading up to the Vancouver win (who was in nets for that one?).

Goaltending ain't the problem. Sather now thinks it is because he cannot admit that his forwards do not work hard, his system's flawed, his lines are flawed, and his defense is flawed. He's trying to find one scapegoat. And the goaltender is it - as was Richter before him.


Dunham has struggled quite a bit this seasoon. With that being said its not fair to place a lot of the blame on him. The defense & the PK Unit are utterly awful

atn1944 02-05-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.

The most lucid commentary I've seen on this board from quite some time

RANGER#11 02-05-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.

I never said that was the only proulblem with this team. And when this year has he actually stood on his head. I was not calling for his head after one game he has been awful this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.