HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Need a new blade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=498339)

slightlystoopid 03-30-2008 02:00 PM

Need a new blade

I'm currently using a Warrior AK27 Shaft + Blade combo, but my blade is a Federov curve and I hate it. Before my AK, I was using Jokinen/St. Louis curves and I guess I got used to them, but the Federov curve isn't working too well for me.
I was thinking about buying a One90 blade for it, since it comes in the PM9 curve which I always used before. Would this work well with the AK27 shaft? What blade do you recommend for an AK? Thanks.
I was also thinking about just buying a new stick altogether. I can pretty much buy whatever stick I want (birthday money), but I've had my eye on the Bauer One90 for a while now. I like the XXXX too, but I'm afraid of the durability problems I had before when I had the XXX. I want to try something new, and the One90 seems pretty sweet.
At the same time, the Synergy SL is pretty cheap now but it's still a great, light stick. I could get this as well.

We'reGonnaWin* 03-30-2008 02:19 PM

It should work just fine. They're both standard size.

Would you sell your Fedorov curve?

slackerracker 03-30-2008 02:22 PM

If you want get the One70 it's the mid model but i've heard good things about it and just picked 2 up at $90 a piece, both with the pm9 curve, i was using pm106 but the 9 is essentially the same with one difference. But i dont' remember what that difference is.

WhipNash27 03-30-2008 03:11 PM

I use the Kovalev curve, love it.

Pittsburgh Proud 03-30-2008 05:44 PM

two piece sticks suck. Forsberg/Lindros

We'reGonnaWin* 03-30-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud (Post 13358169)
two piece sticks suck. Forsberg/Lindros

You do know that practically every "one-piece" out there right now are actually two-piece sticks, right?

XweekendwarriorX 03-30-2008 07:04 PM

I jsut got the AK clear shaft and put a new Stealth15 blad in lidstrom and its without a doubt the best blade i have ever used. IDK if the Lidstrom curve is your type but i highly reccomend getting that blade.

slightlystoopid 03-30-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XweekendwarriorX (Post 13359530)
I jsut got the AK clear shaft and put a new Stealth15 blad in lidstrom and its without a doubt the best blade i have ever used. IDK if the Lidstrom curve is your type but i highly reccomend getting that blade.

nice dude, ill definitely consider this, and for the person who asked if i'd sell the forsberg, it's been pretty heavily used and i think the shipping would cost more than the blade is worth :D .

stick9 03-31-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13359059)
You do know that practically every "one-piece" out there right now are actually two-piece sticks, right?

He's a Pen's fan. Wonder if he knows that Crosby uses a two piece shaft/blade set up. ;)

sc37 03-31-2008 11:41 AM

CNT Z-Carbon blade is the one I use in my Ultra Lite. Probably one of the better shooting blades I've used.

Pittsburgh Proud 03-31-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13359059)

sort of. You don't have a piece of it sticking up through the middle of your shaft. I can feel it when i take s shot with a two piece. I personally just don't like them. And explain to me how one pieces are two pieces.

Pittsburgh Proud 03-31-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 13367787)
He's a Pen's fan. Wonder if he knows that Crosby uses a two piece shaft/blade set up. ;)

I don't know if your being sarcastic but i don't base everything i like off of crosby.

Need a Neely 03-31-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud (Post 13370853)
sort of. You don't have a piece of it sticking up through the middle of your shaft. I can feel it when i take s shot with a two piece. I personally just don't like them. And explain to me how one pieces are two pieces.

Most two pieces are a tapered shaft/blade combo and the blade is inserted and then they fiberglass over it and sand ita nd paint it. The only true one piece stick out there that is molded as one piece is the Inno True 1 / Warrior Mac Daddy, and perhaps their new Kronik is as well, despite what other companies claim with their phrases such as "mono comp technology".

stick9 04-01-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need a Neely (Post 13377331)
Most two pieces are a tapered shaft/blade combo and the blade is inserted and then they fiberglass over it and sand ita nd paint it. The only true one piece stick out there that is molded as one piece is the Inno True 1 / Warrior Mac Daddy, and perhaps their new Kronik is as well, despite what other companies claim with their phrases such as "mono comp technology".

The Vapor xxx-lites are true one piece sticks as well.

Need a Neely 04-01-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 13381345)

No they are not, I own 2 now and have owned more in the past, as they are my favorite stick. You can see the fuse point line after you start to use them. They are not molded as a true one piece, rather in separate stages...seeing as how you are a member on MSH, you should know this as it is discussed quite frequently over there.

K-PAX* 04-01-2008 02:47 PM

well the macdaddy absolutely blows so i guess true one piece sticks arent that good

stick9 04-01-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need a Neely (Post 13386207)
No they are not, I own 2 now and have owned more in the past, as they are my favorite stick. You can see the fuse point line after you start to use them. They are not molded as a true one piece, rather in separate stages...seeing as how you are a member on MSH, you should know this as it is discussed quite frequently over there.

You should check your facts. Start with the Bauer website.

http://www.nikebauer.com/

sc37 04-01-2008 07:50 PM

If you go by 'monocomp' then you'd think it was a true one piece...but then again those are just words.....I mean most know a one piece isn't really a one piece. That said, the XXX-lite is kinda odd. I've seen people that had to chip crap out of it to get something to fit, and some have cut it in the right spot so I think the blade is attached differently rather than being a plain ol' fuse, so it is semi-one piece. Idk, just my guess:)

I do know the Montreal is a true one piece, I broke mine and cut it just to check it out.:D

Need a Neely 04-01-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 13388040)
You should check your facts. Start with the Bauer website.

http://www.nikebauer.com/

If you believe that it's really a one piece, then you are really buying into the hype which is what they want you to do. Go ask the pro shop owners that are long time MSH members they will tell you how it really is seeing as how you won't believe a word I say.

We'reGonnaWin* 04-02-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 13381345)

I have a XXX "one-piece" that I turned into a shaft after the blade shattered. With a little heat and physical force, I pulled the blade out and turned it into a tapered shaft.

It's not a true one-piece.

stick9 04-02-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need a Neely (Post 13397609)
If you believe that it's really a one piece, then you are really buying into the hype which is what they want you to do. Go ask the pro shop owners that are long time MSH members they will tell you how it really is seeing as how you won't believe a word I say.

I directed you to the NBH website which shows a cut view of the bottom of the stick. How about you give more then just "cuz I said so" and prove me wrong. Least I am researching stuff...

Doesn't it seem a little odd that the xxx-lite OPS and xxx-lite tapered shaft have different tapers.... .470 to .520. If the xxx-lite was a fused OPS why would shaft version be different from the OPS. I've held the two side by side and there is a noticeable difference between the two at what would be the fuse point on the OPS.

Reason being, the taper on the OPS is so thin a tapered blade won't fit without cutting a good deal off the shaft. Which is not simply pulling out the blade and replacing it like you do with a fused OPS. As discussed here.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...opic=37026&hl=

stick9 04-02-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13400290)
I have a XXX "one-piece" that I turned into a shaft after the blade shattered. With a little heat and physical force, I pulled the blade out and turned it into a tapered shaft.

It's not a true one-piece.

the xxx-lite is different from the xxx.

Pittsburgh Proud 04-03-2008 04:10 PM

But they dont have this giant piece of wood sticking up through the shaft. And they are not replaceable. That's what makes a two piece a two piece

We'reGonnaWin* 04-03-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud (Post 13427413)
But they dont have this giant piece of wood sticking up through the shaft. And they are not replaceable. That's what makes a two piece a two piece

Just because you're repeating this over and over doesn't make it true.

That part of the blade is called the tenon. And yes, those sticks actually do have a tenon sticking up through the shaft -- only they're made of composite materials. Read this thread carefully. 95% of your one-pieces are actually two-piece like this.

I think the Graf Busch is one stick that is actually ONE piece.

Pittsburgh Proud 04-03-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13427494)
Just because you're repeating this over and over doesn't make it true.

That part of the blade is called the tenon. And yes, those sticks actually do have a tenon sticking up through the shaft -- only they're made of composite materials. Read this thread carefully. 95% of your one-pieces are actually two-piece like this.

I think the Graf Busch is one stick that is actually ONE piece.

Well you go and get one of these sticks and try to replace the blade in it. Because (repeating) two pieces are interchangeable. And if it does have a full long piece of composite sticking up through the blade it is very flexible because whenever i use a two piece i can feel that in my slapshot.