HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Next Wild Coach? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49845)

Neal was framed... 02-05-2004 02:37 PM

Next Wild Coach?

I've been wanting to let loose this conversational hare for a while now, but it's not based on standings or wanting/expecting to see a change...

choices will obviously depend on how long you expect it to be before this issue comes up.

apologies if some options seem a little over the top

Rattrick 02-05-2004 03:02 PM

Hey guys, not coming here to flame anything up or anything, but I don't see this as an issue. I think your coaching situation is just fine. I don't think comparing this season to last year is a good idea because IMO, last year was filled with over-achievement. I think you are set behind the bench for a while.

ceber 02-05-2004 03:05 PM

I went with Ramsey. I heard he was in the running to be the Penguins head coach at one time. I think he'd fit in well with the way the team is being built.. was a defenseman, and I believe I read he typically handles the defense behind the bench.

Plus, being the local guy makes for good press, and we'd have our token Minnesotan until we nab a hometown hero skater. ;)

ceber 02-05-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luongofan
Hey guys, not coming here to flame anything up or anything, but I don't see this as an issue. I think your coaching situation is just fine. I don't think comparing this season to last year is a good idea because IMO, last year was filled with over-achievement. I think you are set behind the bench for a while.

Oh, no doubt, and I don't think that was NWF's point. Lemaire signed a 3 year contract extension recently, I think. I would guess he's here as long as he wants to be, barring some drastic meltdown. Eventually he'll want to retire (again), though.

NyCoN 02-05-2004 03:08 PM

I stuck with Lemaire. Because it should be the "Jaques Lemaire Trophey"! haha.

Anyways, if Lemaire does leave though, I would want one of our asst. to take over.

Kristofer 02-05-2004 03:27 PM

Brian Bonin!!!

Just joking, I voted Ramsey but I hope this doesn't happen for a very long time.

Neal was framed... 02-05-2004 03:50 PM

I pick McClelland, because he's listed first, and we know how that skews things for impressionable voters.

also this gives me a reason to keep reading the houston chronicle, and did you see how amazingly the aeros tanked when McClelland was out sick for a few games?

I see no one's gone with the HF junta yet...

thestonedkoala 02-05-2004 03:59 PM

Neal, you live in Austin :O

WOW! You live near me!

Hecht 02-05-2004 04:26 PM

I picked to have Lamaire stay...but I would pick Ramsey to take over if I had too...I wasn't a fan of Trombley when he coached the habs...*the patrick roy trade happened during his tenure*

vitogor 02-05-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal was framed...

I see no one's gone with the HF junta yet...

I did :D That would sure be interesting. Maybe I'll be able to sneak in there as well for some kind of coaching position. :D

Seriously though, I just don't see the need to start talking about coaching change yet. So might as well go with a goofy response.

Neal was framed... 02-05-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Neal, you live in Austin :O

WOW! You live near me!

well you see, I'm a federal agent specializing in undercover hockey investigations (think Twin Peaks meets Flin Flon--did you ever read that great piece "Hockey Nights"?) and I was assigned to Austin to monitor the activities of one Norm Green, fugitive from minnesota justice, who has recently reappeared as headliner of an ownership cartel who've purchased the Austin Ice Bats. Expect them soon in an arena near you...

Wild Bill 02-05-2004 11:17 PM

I'm going with Tremblay mostly because it seems that he is the head assistant, although I could be mistaken. Riser would probably be my second guess, but not many can pull that off and I'm not sure it would be the best way to go. Jacques seems to be pretty unpredictable and I just can't see him lasting thru the duration of his contract(pretty much up and left the Dev's at the beginning of a dynasty)...hopefully I'm wrong on that one.