HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Buying a new shield (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=499040)

droller* 04-01-2008 12:37 PM

Buying a new shield

Gonna be buying a new shield as my spring beer league is beginning.
My problem in junior and last year was that my visor would start to fog up. The visors I had were by no means top of the line.

Is there anything you would recommend that doesn't fog up on you? I tend to sweat A LOT (my face is full of sweat) and I think that is what makes it fog up.

Also... The newer visors have a bit of a bubble on them I've noticed. Does that help prevent the "magnifying" if you know what I mean?

Wouldn't like to spend more than $80 on a new shield. Any suggestions are welcome!

weezman 04-01-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droller (Post 13383474)
Gonna be buying a new shield as my spring beer league is beginning.
My problem in junior and last year was that my visor would start to fog up. The visors I had were by no means top of the line.

Is there anything you would recommend that doesn't fog up on you? I tend to sweat A LOT (my face is full of sweat) and I think that is what makes it fog up.

Also... The newer visors have a bit of a bubble on them I've noticed. Does that help prevent the "magnifying" if you know what I mean?

Wouldn't like to spend more than $80 on a new shield. Any suggestions are welcome!

I found diving anti fogger works really well. Head out to a Dive shop and they'll have something. The only thing I noticed is the stuff tends to "cake" on after a couple of applications and you'll need to scrub it off after the "cake" get's thick.

deanosaur 04-01-2008 05:11 PM

Itech HS 22 mirrored. get it.

Spillblood Maloney 04-01-2008 08:13 PM

i just got the Itech HS 22 Straight about 2 months ago. its been great. a lot of guys in my house league use it and no one complains about them fogging up.

i got my at hockeygiant.com. $49.99. heres a link...

http://hockeygiant.com/itchhs22scclr.html

PIMking 04-01-2008 08:28 PM

Buy the Itech it dont fog up the only problem is bring a towel to the bench to clean the sweat off the visor. I have the tinted one and love it.

sc37 04-01-2008 08:37 PM

Get an Itech...easier to maintain it, no need for your special AFR spray. Plus, they run a bit cheaper. To fix the fogging, smear some shampoo in it and buff it off. And yes, the 'bubble' is so that the vision is optically correct, though I've never really noticed any distortion with regular visors.

XweekendwarriorX 04-01-2008 09:31 PM

ive had my oakley for a year and the past 2 months its been fogging up all the time. i havent changed anything to it and its starting to get annoying. so i dont reccomend these but i loved my old itech's i use to have.

Henrique Iglesias 04-02-2008 12:45 AM

Are oakleys really that bad? All the pros use it though :dunno:

frito 04-02-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils9789 (Post 13399819)
Are oakleys really that bad? All the pros use it though :dunno:

the pros can afford to replace their visors after every game too.

xeric716x 04-02-2008 10:14 AM

Itech straight cut. never had any problems

Marc Bergevins Suit 04-02-2008 01:54 PM

Oakleys are better for the look, but itechs are better quality. I have a Itech straight cut tinted, looks nice with my new ccm vector helmet.

deanosaur 04-02-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frito (Post 13402995)
the pros can afford to replace their visors after every game too.

pros get em for free, sponsorship.

droller* 04-02-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deangamblin (Post 13406320)
pros get em for free, sponsorship.

they would get itech visors for free too. if a player wants to wear a certain brand.. the oakleys and itechs jump all over it since it's cheap advertisement.

thanks for your input guys. think i'll get an itech one based on the fact you guys say they don't fog up too much. gonna get the stright cut with a bubble!

Any particular itech model that does this so I know what to ask for when I get to the store?

RJ8812 04-02-2008 04:55 PM

i've had my oakley visor for 2 years now, and its never fogged up