HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   grabovsky??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=499368)

kostitsyn fan 04-01-2008 11:30 PM

grabovsky???

i think that without koivu in the series he would a good force for the team...
?

VAN-HAB 04-01-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn fan (Post 13399553)
?

he would

Turboflex* 04-01-2008 11:40 PM

He had a bad game against Toronto, I guess the coaches were letting him know. I'd guess he'll be back against the Sabres where his speed will be useful.

kostitsyn fan 04-01-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB (Post 13399725)
he would

i mean seriously whitout koivu we only have plekanec as a offensive center, higgins and sergei kostitsyn have not enough experience to be throw at the center spot...

Watsatheo 04-01-2008 11:46 PM

I think he didn't play against the Sens because he's too much of a liability defensively going against the Sens last change. Spezza Heatly Alfredsson would be matched against whatever line he centres for sure.

Kriss E 04-01-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn fan (Post 13399757)
i mean seriously whitout koivu we only have plekanec as a offensive center, higgins and sergei kostitsyn have not enough experience to be throw at the center spot...

Didn't they do good tonight?

Grabovski will be back, Carbo is just letting him know that he has to play hard every night if he wants to be a regular on this team.

kostitsyn fan 04-01-2008 11:47 PM

i just hope he will have a chance to play in the last 2 game and in the playoff otherwise i think he will back in russia next year...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 13399831)

Grabovski will be back, Carbo is just letting him know that he has to play hard every night if he wants to be a regular on this team.

Turboflex* 04-01-2008 11:52 PM

Higgins did well tonight, he is smart, fast and experienced enough to play the 2-way centre role against good players.

HabsPack 04-02-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 13399831)

Every shift ... Grabs has to know it's time to work hard every time he's out there, no slacking off in the NHL ... (smokes is immune due to certain circumstances, whatever the hell they may be).

hogtownhabsfan* 04-02-2008 02:36 AM

I'm glad he didn't play, would have been killed. As long as hammer is OK, were damn lucky to escape that game without injury. Everyone got crunched at least once...

Galchenyuk x 27 04-02-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn fan (Post 13399757)

Did you see Higgins tonight?

He was our best player on the ice.
You do know he was drafted as a centremen

Monctonscout 04-02-2008 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 13399967)
Higgins did well tonight, he is smart, fast and experienced enough to play the 2-way centre role against good players.

I like the job he did tonight. I think he could fill that spot as long as Koivu is out.

mcphee 04-02-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn fan (Post 13399863)
i just hope he will have a chance to play in the last 2 game and in the playoff otherwise i think he will back in russia next year...

While that may happen, a coach can't write out his lineup in the fear that a guy might not want to be there. It may be tough for Grabovski. If Koivu is available, and Komi returns, Streit will play forward, I assume.

Begin really shouldn't sit, so if we assume that Dandenault and Brisebois come out for Koivu and Komisarek, another forward who played last night would have to sit as Streit moves up to allow Bouillon to come back ?

If one of TK,Smolinski falters, maybe, but I think that line's played well since Begin returned. It's tough, and I see how Grabs wouldn't be pleased. I guess it depends who they play.

Lucius 04-02-2008 10:58 AM

I think sitting him last night made sense.

He is a bit of a defensive liability right now and as such, it's tough to have him against a team like Ottawa when they have the last change. The last thing they wanted was Grabs vs. the big line, stuck in his own end, especially when he cannot win faceoffs.

Corey 04-02-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostitsyn fan (Post 13399553)
?

You must be ethnic Belarus to imagine that. The Kostitsyn brothers have proven their capability but Grabovski is not on the same level.

Marc the Habs Fan 04-02-2008 11:55 AM

Grabo is probably hurt. He wasn't in uniform at the practice today and it's almost unheard of for healthy scratches the previous night to not skate the next day.

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/ab...02-824542.html

Sports1131 04-02-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 13405101)
Grabo is probably be hurt. He wasn't in uniform at the practice today and it's almost unheard of for healthy scratches the previous night to not skate the next day.

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/ab...02-824542.html

The article says he and Kovy have the flu...

I kind of hope it's true; I wasn't happy to see Grabo scratched last night.

cjbhab 04-02-2008 01:51 PM

If kovy has the flu, he should rest till playoffs.

SmurfsFTW 04-02-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 13402051)
I like the job he did tonight. I think he could fill that spot as long as Koivu is out.

The more and more I see Higgins play, he makes me think about Mike Peca type of player, or Rod Brind'amour, I really like what he could bring to the team playing at centre. Good solid 2-way centerman, can play on the PK and PP and fights along the boards too, well, complete player.

Luigi#17 04-02-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports1131 (Post 13406308)
The article says he and Kovy have the flu...

I kind of hope it's true; I wasn't happy to see Grabo scratched last night.

Confirmed:
The Canadiens held an optional skate Wednesday. Kovalev and Grabovski sat out with the flu. Hamrlik and Ryder took therapy days. All are expected to play Thursday against Buffalo. Francois Bouillon did not suffer a fracture and is listed as day-to-day. Carey Price will get the start against the Sabres. - TSN

MTL-rules 04-02-2008 02:39 PM

Good... I thought he didn't like being benched and had another fit...

I really don't know what to expect this summer with his situation... I'd say it's 50-50 he goes back to play in Russia...

Luigi#17 04-02-2008 02:53 PM

I hope Gainey gives him fair money.