HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ontario Regional Coverage of Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=499483)

Jedrik 04-02-2008 11:12 AM

Ontario Regional Coverage of Habs

Anybody here in Ontario? Around the time of what will be games 3 and/or 4 I'm probably going to be travelling through ON (specifically Windsor, I think) and I was wondering what the coverage of the Habs playoff games is expected to be on network, CBC etc. Do you think Ottawa (if they're in) will be featured more since they're an Ontario team?

Marc the Habs Fan 04-02-2008 11:47 AM

It will be on CBC, don't worry.

If the Sens make it in and don't play us, they'll schedule them on the off-night of the Habs series.

HabstuckinTO 04-02-2008 11:58 AM

If you can get to RDS (Bell ExpressVU has it - not sure about others) you'll be fine.

Jedrik 04-02-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 13404145)
It will be on CBC, don't worry.

If the Sens make it in and don't play us, they'll schedule them on the off-night of the Habs series.

Cool, I thought so. I doubt even most Leaf fans would rather see the Sens than Habs either, anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabstuckinTO (Post 13404267)
If you can get to RDS (Bell ExpressVU has it - not sure about others) you'll be fine.

Yeah but I'll probably be hotelin' it or trying to find a bar, so I don't really have control over it. Just was hoping it'll be the CBC matchup.

Beakermania* 04-02-2008 03:21 PM

Only potential worry would be if the Wings are playing a Canadian Team and CBC has the rights to that series.... If they play an American Team TSN will get the rights and it will be fine.... but CBC's Windsor affiliate has been known to choose Detroit games over Ottawa or Montreal when CBC is showing them out west.

ari1160 04-02-2008 03:31 PM

so when is out first game any knows for sure?

Max Power 04-02-2008 03:49 PM

The hab games will always be available even if it's the same night as Ottawa. As someone mentioned most likley it will be a diffrent night then Ottawa because CBC is still the NHL cash cow. If it's not RDS will have it which is available with basic cable in Ottawa.

See, what you are forgetting about is the confusion level of the average Habs fan. They are never really sure what it is that they are watching, or supposed to be doing. So, they stole a soccer chant (Ole), mix it in with an occasional football chant (de-fense! clap-clap), and then sing elimination songs (Na na na na) when their team is winning, because they forget that they have to still play the rest of the games in the season - Unknow Author

Beakermania* 04-02-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ari1160 (Post 13407565)
so when is out first game any knows for sure?

we wopn't know the playoff schedule until the seeds are finalized.... hopefully sunday night... definetely monday.

Ross MacLochness 04-02-2008 03:54 PM

Please start on Thursday.