HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This Year's Fourth Star (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=499505)

Lestriker 04-02-2008 11:24 AM

This Year's Fourth Star

Number 26, Josh Gorges!!

The most improved player this year. He's just relentless since the Komisarek injury and he's now a lock on the Habs D. He's already ahead of Rivet as far as I know. He has good positioning, he's a good skater, he can move the puck up ice, he's blocking shots and he has improved his physical game.

So after one full year, I say the Habs won that trade without even mentioning the tremendous freshman year of Pacioretty.

Clumsyhab 04-02-2008 11:27 AM

Daniel Beauchamp trophy for sure for #26.

Evil Ted 04-02-2008 11:28 AM

Yeah the Rivet trade really worked out well for us, Gorges has played excelent thus far and hes young, good skater.

Russeltown 04-02-2008 11:30 AM

Gainey:shakehead

Hurray for Gorges!!!!! :D

Bermy 04-02-2008 11:31 AM

When we aquired him in the Rivet trade, I had never heard of him. Other than that awful giveaway that resulted into a goal against Atlanta early in the season (at least I think it was against Atlanta), he has been solid all season

Bronn 04-02-2008 11:32 AM

I didn't liked Gorges last year nor at the beginning of the season this year but i have to give credits where credit is due. Josh has improved A LOT this year and does what it takes to stay in the lineup.

Props to him and hopefully it will stay that way.

Talent Analyst 04-02-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bermy (Post 13404707)
When we aquired him in the Rivet trade, I had never heard of him. Other than that awful giveaway that resulted into a goal against Atlanta early in the season (at least I think it was against Atlanta), he has been solid all season

This is like Huet, when we get him, we has been said , who??? But turn out into a very good player for us.

Gainey has the ability to find very underrated player for not much.

Habs 4 Life 04-02-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bermy (Post 13404707)

Yup it was against the Trashers but hey what did you expect from a guy that comes in 1 every 5 games?It's not easy playing once in a whlie and having on your mind that any little mistake and your back in the press box

neofury* 04-02-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Walter (Post 13404594)
Number 26, Josh Gorges!!

The most improved player this year. He's just relentless since the Komisarek injury and he's now a lock on the Habs D. He's already ahead of Rivet as far as I know. He has good positioning, he's a good skater, he can move the puck up ice, he's blocking shots and he has improved his physical game.

So after one full year, I say the Habs won that trade without even mentioning the tremendous freshman year of Pacioretty.

Heck, the guy seems to even be stepping up offensively, though I haven't seen him getting goals, he's been shooting on high % type plays.

TheDamned 04-02-2008 11:41 AM

Gorges no doubt... i'm supporting him since day 1 of the season where most of the people were already crucifying him.

JGRB 04-02-2008 11:48 AM

I'd say he is probably one of the most consistent and smart players on this team.. It's hard to believe how little mistakes he makes on the ice now a days.

Iwishihadacup 04-02-2008 11:59 AM

I would say that Gorges is the 5th regular def we need

Capitano 04-02-2008 12:02 PM

The kid wins a lot of battles for pucks...extremely impressed with him on and off the ice. Still don't like the number he wears as a d-man but that's my only complaint :)

number 11 04-02-2008 12:12 PM

big up to Gorgeous Gorges! the guy is getting better and better. gotta respect a smaller guy who doesn't back down no matter how hard he gets hit in the corners.

Bullsmith 04-02-2008 12:21 PM

Gorges is growing by leaps and bounds. So smart out there and becoming much tougher than I expected. He's really able to take a beating and win the battles along the boards when the other teams pressure him. Seems like a great locker room type of guy too. His interviews remind me a lot of Higgins.

JGRB 04-02-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 13405158)
I would say that Gorges is the 5th regular def we need

I'd say he is our #4 atm...

Habitants 04-02-2008 12:34 PM

gorges is my hero!

lol not but for real he is great, and he has really stepped up to the plate! i always knew he would impress if he was given the chance. im happy to have him on the team!

i just wish i would have met him when i was in kelowna last yr, i was a bout 5 min to late.we were at the same Bar at the same time, and when we told the owner we were habs fans, he told us gorges just left! lol
oh well still the best chicken wing evar!

Kachino 04-02-2008 12:40 PM

4rd star? Hum, what about to the entire defensive group not name Markov or Komisarek? O'byrne, Gorges, Bouillon and Hamrlik...

Trexim 04-02-2008 01:44 PM

As a 22 year old, he played ~20 min a game for the Sharks. I was surprised to learn that he was a leader in junior. Another character guy added by the current management.

beowulf 04-02-2008 01:48 PM

He has defiantly made a name for himself!! Love how he has progressed and could very well become a solid #4 dman.

Russeltown 04-02-2008 02:06 PM

Who are the NHL Players that Josh Gorges can be compared with?

Tom Preissing? :dunno:
Toni Lydman? :dunno:
Ron Hainsey?

mitchmagic 04-02-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russeltown (Post 13407141)
Who are the NHL Players that Josh Gorges can be compared with?

Tom Preissing? :dunno:
Toni Lydman? :dunno:
Ron Hainsey?

Josh Gorges is Josh Gorges...

Mitch

GoHabsGO252006 04-02-2008 02:24 PM

All that and only 23 years old. He is just growing into the Dman he can be. Excellent addition by the Habs. A guy that is willing to put his body on the line and take a hit to make a play (something brisebois rarely does).

He will be a solid part of the Habs blue line for a long time.

Trexim 04-02-2008 02:41 PM

BTW, O'Byrne had 5 shot blocked last night. Not bad at all. Our goalies will be thanking him and Komo for many years to come.

Rise from the Ashes 04-02-2008 02:50 PM

I though Josh was waiver material before training camp. I knew he played for Canada in the world juniors and won most sportsmanlike player of the year, but wow has he improved. Keep it coming Josh!