HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Does anyone NOT want to see a Washington vs Pittsburgh first round match up? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=499878)

parabola 04-03-2008 01:48 AM

Does anyone NOT want to see a Washington vs Pittsburgh first round match up?
 
Is there a better first round match up possibility? Not really.

the_speedster 04-03-2008 01:50 AM

OMG ovechkin fanboys would have the largest case of "en masse" carpal tunnel syndrome from all the typing....

parabola 04-03-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 13419160)
OMG ovechkin fanboys would have the largest case of "en masse" carpal tunnel syndrome from all the typing....

Its really the only match up every single fanbase can get into.

Unless someone hates Ovechkin AND Crosby.

MG91 04-03-2008 01:53 AM

After watching teh game on TSN tonight. I have nothing against a first round matchup of Pittsburgh vsPhilly. The animosity and emotion that were shown out there were playoff hockey

VelvetJones 04-03-2008 01:54 AM

AO wins. He is the heart and soul of the new NHL.

deanosaur 04-03-2008 01:54 AM

ovechkin-crosby...
i would be suprised to see ovechkin to pull off the upset, IF that happened he'd be unstoppable

joe_shannon_1983* 04-03-2008 01:55 AM

People want to see it.

Which is why the NHL will make it happen.

Big McLargehuge 04-03-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacdonald (Post 13419188)
AO wins. He is the heart and soul of the new NHL.

The awkwarder and heartier Evgeni Crosby has something to say about that.



I don't want to see it...just because it would mean that the two hottest teams in the East would be playing in the first round. I'd love an ECF match-up, but otherwise negative.

joe_shannon_1983* 04-03-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deangamblin (Post 13419191)
ovechkin-crosby...
i would be suprised to see ovechkin to pull off the upset, IF that happened he'd be unstoppable

Until he ran into the Ducks in the Finals.

Then it would be 4-game sweep.

the_speedster 04-03-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacdonald (Post 13419188)
AO wins. He is the heart and soul of the new NHL.

if the nhl were an a clan of non shaving and bathing hockey players


dammit... save it for the playoffs don't get me started already:p:

parabola 04-03-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 (Post 13419194)
People want to see it.

Which is why the NHL will make it happen.

Oh **** conspiracy theory.

joe_shannon_1983* 04-03-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torgo (Post 13419202)
I don't want to see it...just because it would mean that the two hottest teams in the East would be playing in the first round. I'd love an ECF match-up, but otherwise negative.

Ahem...the Senators?

Killiecrankie* 04-03-2008 01:59 AM

with that defense, karma, and lack of depth it would be the pens in five games....

parabola 04-03-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 (Post 13419216)
Ahem...the Senators?

http://images.cafepress.com/image/12412695_400x400.jpg

BamaCapsFan 04-03-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 (Post 13419194)
People want to see it.

Which is why the NHL will make it happen.

I hope you're right! =)

And It would be one hell of a series.

BerubeBox* 04-03-2008 02:00 AM

I can understand why people want to watch the penguins in the playoffs.....I do. But the Caps =/= Ovechkin.

You caps bandwagonners are soooooooooo weird. And random.

EroCaps 04-03-2008 02:00 AM

*If* this happened...and it's looking very plausible...the winner would take the Eastern Conference, IMO.

I'm speaking rhetorically, bc for anyone who understands the history of Caps-Pens playoff series knows...

...the winner would be Pittsburgh.

joe_shannon_1983* 04-03-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parabola (Post 13419214)
Oh **** conspiracy theory.

Of course it is a theory, because it can't be proven.

But you would have to be pretty naive to think that the NHL would be above concocting such a thing.

If you are that naive, then you don't really understand how the entertainment industry works.

Killiecrankie* 04-03-2008 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EroCaps (Post 13419233)
*If* this happened...and it's looking very plausible...the winner would take the Eastern Conference, IMO.

I'm speaking rhetorically, bc for anyone who understands the history of Caps-Pens playoff series knows...

...the winner would be Pittsburgh.

As a long time pens fan I dont want Ovechkins debut to be against the pens, that would be a huge circus. Neither team needs that. Plus I need to cheer on the caps against the RANGERS!!!!!

saskganesh 04-03-2008 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parabola (Post 13419170)
Unless someone hates Ovechkin AND Crosby.

I have it on good authority that both are not "complete" hockey players.:sarcasm:

Darius Dangleaitis 04-03-2008 02:03 AM

That would be awesome.

the_speedster 04-03-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 (Post 13419208)
Until he ran into the Ducks in the Finals.

Then it would be 4-game sweep.


then they'd pin him down and shave him...:p:

deanosaur 04-03-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 (Post 13419208)
Until he ran into the Ducks in the Finals.

Then it would be 4-game sweep.

hahahhaha i was thinking the same thing.

BamaCapsFan 04-03-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark144 (Post 13419221)
with that defense, karma, and lack of depth it would be the pens in five games....

I don't know what team you've been watching but the Caps are solid. We've been a completely different team since our new coach. We may lose, but it will be because Pittsburgh is that good, not because we lack anything. I would put money on us winning it because of the chemistry and heart our team has. That's something you can't buy and Ovie feeds it to the team everyday he's got so much of it. Watch out East... hell... Watch out everybody if we make the playoffs.

Killiecrankie* 04-03-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaCapsFan (Post 13419259)
I don't know what team you've been watching but the Caps are solid. We've been a completely different team since our new coach. We may lose, but it will be because Pittsburgh is that good, not because we lack anything. I would put money on us winning it because of the chemistry and heart our team has. That's something you can't get and Ovie feeds it to the team everyday he's got so much of it. Watch out East... hell... Watch out everybody if we make the playoffs.

You went on a nice run sure. The first 9 losses or so were against non division foes. I think you beat up on some creampuffs. Pitt, NJ, NYR are all better than any team in the southeast. Philly would have more points, probably leading the division. Hell the Islanders are a solid team and would probably be in a playoff position.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.