HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Unsubstantiated Rumor: Burke to rangers for Lundmark and pick ?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=49989)

Chicago#44 02-06-2004 12:48 AM

Burke to rangers for Lundmark and pick ??

anone else heard this ?

SATHER MUST GO !!!!

WELL AT LEAST IT IS CLOSE NOW !! what a panic act....

cagney 02-06-2004 12:57 AM

I've heard the rumour. However, time is starting to pass and I haven't seen anything official yet so I'm hoping it isn't true.

If it ends up happening I won't be surprised. I'm sure that Sather will make some kind of splash before the trade deadline in an attempt to make the playoffs. I really feel (hope) his job is on the line and in that position I don't see how he can resist sacrificing the teams long term health so he can find a way to hang onto it.

The only hope is that Sather is gone before the trade deadline but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Edge 02-06-2004 03:00 AM

ah a 37 year old goalie, we must be going with a youth movement.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-06-2004 07:04 AM

I edited the title of the thread to avoid confusion. As of right now, this is not a done deal.

jas 02-06-2004 07:36 AM

And, according to sources in Arizona..

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I edited the title of the thread to avoid confusion. As of right now, this is not a done deal.

Phoenix wants young players, and Sather won't bite. Phoenix is also trying to add another veteran player in the deal. The safe bet is that Burke ends up in Philly.

honestmoe77 02-06-2004 09:44 AM

I'd trade Lundmark for Burke. If they threw in Doan of course.

Fletch 02-06-2004 10:12 AM

Brooks had a good article today...

on this...basically stating the four goalies available: Salo, beat-out by Markannen, our goalie, last season. Burke, a second string goalie beat-out by Boucher, and now is a second string goalie. He mentioned Kolzig, who's doing worse than Dunham. And then there's Maude, err, Turek, who too is backing up now I believe.

How are these any different than the Dunham acquired last season? But what is truly amazing is that Sather's ignoring the big problem, as usual. When goaltending was not a problem, the forwards were not scoring and not working hard. When goals started to goal in, it was in part a function of the crappy defense and system Sather and crew have in place. Then you have the crappy penalty kill, the most undisciplined team in hockey, and a crappy PP, yet Dunham's made a scapegoat because he was overworked, then injured, and then only a good goalie, not a star goalie, but was behind a crappy team, then the final straw is a few soft goals in a must-win game...well, if this team had supported Dunham earlier this season, the Rangers wouldn't be in during this annual situation of must-wins in January.

I really, really hate Sather. This guy has to be on his last legs. He is a HUGE joke!

sickboy35 02-06-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
on this...basically stating the four goalies available: Salo, beat-out by Markannen, our goalie, last season. Burke, a second string goalie beat-out by Boucher, and now is a second string goalie. He mentioned Kolzig, who's doing worse than Dunham. And then there's Maude, err, Turek, who too is backing up now I believe.

How are these any different than the Dunham acquired last season? But what is truly amazing is that Sather's ignoring the big problem, as usual. When goaltending was not a problem, the forwards were not scoring and not working hard. When goals started to goal in, it was in part a function of the crappy defense and system Sather and crew have in place. Then you have the crappy penalty kill, the most undisciplined team in hockey, and a crappy PP, yet Dunham's made a scapegoat because he was overworked, then injured, and then only a good goalie, not a star goalie, but was behind a crappy team, then the final straw is a few soft goals in a must-win game...well, if this team had supported Dunham earlier this season, the Rangers wouldn't be in during this annual situation of must-wins in January.

I really, really hate Sather. This guy has to be on his last legs. He is a HUGE joke!

i'll go one further fletch! if he dropped dead in front of me, i'd walk over him!

Barnaby 02-06-2004 11:48 AM

He's not gonna trade Lundmark for Burke. The one thing Sather has done is hold onto our 3 solid prospects (Lundmark, Blackburn, Tyutin). The only way he would trade one of them (I hope) is if he gets a young starter that can hellp us for a long time..... Unfortunately none of those are available. I could definately see Baranka and a 2nd for Burke or something like that.

True Blue 02-06-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
i'll go one further fletch! if he dropped dead in front of me, i'd walk over him!

Over him, or step on him on your way over him?

Melrose_Jr. 02-06-2004 12:09 PM

I'm still waiting for Sather to realize that he's already got a goaltender with a .500 record, better numbers than Dunham and only 4 fewer wins in 21 fewer games rotting at the end of the bench. I mean, would it kill him to give Jussi some starts and see what happens?

And what if a goaltender does come in and stand on his head? Remember Dunham last year? Some, myself included, called him the team MVP despite playing for another team for 3 months out of the season. Could we have gotten better goaltending? Was it enough to put a dog excrement team in the playoffs? NO And it won't be enough this year either.

sickboy35 02-06-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Over him, or step on him on your way over him?

on him first of course!
;)

shmekel 02-06-2004 01:37 PM

If Sather even entertained this thought for more than a second, it's proof positive that he's in the final, terminal stage of Syphilis.