HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Burke Rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50004)

Fish on The Sand 02-06-2004 04:45 AM

Burke Rumor

Don Taylor said on Sportsnet that the Yotes have told Burke he will be gone to the Flyers, Avs or Rags over the weekend.

sandman08 02-06-2004 04:52 AM

he also said he'd go to a "contender" and that "all but eliminates the rangers"

Fish on The Sand 02-06-2004 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
he also said he'd go to a "contender" and that "all but eliminates the rangers"

Yes, but the Rangers have a way of getting what they want.

V for Voodoo 02-06-2004 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand

Except when it comes to wins.

c-carp 02-06-2004 05:26 AM

Quote:

Don Taylor said on Sportsnet that the Yotes have told Burke he will be gone to the Flyers, Avs or Rags over the weekend.

I hope its the Flyers or Rags.

c-carp 02-06-2004 05:27 AM

Quote:

Begging the question, why would they want another aging star? I cant think of a good reason.

FlyHigh 02-06-2004 05:32 AM

I wonder how interested the Avs might be, especially with Sauve being horrible lately. But I've heard that the asking price is a top prospect. The Avs have already traded a lot of their prospects and I don't think they'd trade Ballard or even Sauve for him and Phoenix wouldn't want Sauve anyway. I wouldn't want the Flyers to get him. Hackett is enough of a drag on the payroll. Besides, even though inexperienced, Nittymaki has been real good in the two games he's played. If he takes the games against the bad teams, then maybe that will give Esche enough of a rest to be effective.

The only problem with that whole thing is that Esche is injured for 3 weeks. Nittymaki has been very good against teams like Washington and Atlanta (2 posts against him in that game), but can he handle the likes of NJ and the NYR each of whom the Flyers play soon? We will see.

musdy 02-06-2004 06:00 AM

i would like it to be colorado

Teezax 02-06-2004 07:51 AM

The only reason i'd want him here is to be a backup, unless Esche falters late in the season and we need a real bonafide # 1

Takeo 02-06-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Yes, it's called $.

SensGod 02-06-2004 08:24 AM

I'm pretty sure that the Sens will be in the Burke bidding now. We need insurance in nets now...

Rabid Ranger 02-06-2004 08:27 AM

I don't see the Rangers being one of the teams. I don't Burke being enough of an upgrade (if at all) over Dunham to warrant giving up a player currently on the roster or a good prospect. I can see Colorado wanting some insurance, but does Phoenix really want to trade in conferance? That leaves either Philly, or maybe Ottawa if they join the bidding late. I bet it's Philly. With Esche and Hackett out of action for awhile, I'm sure they want a veteran guy to help them keep their position near the top of the Eastern Conferance standings.

ducky 02-06-2004 08:32 AM

I can't see trading in the conference will matter. Phoenix is not exactly competitive with Colorado.

swflyers8* 02-06-2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
The only reason i'd want him here is to be a backup, unless Esche falters late in the season and we need a real bonafide # 1

I agree, I think Burke would be okay with being Esche's backup because they are good friends and he is his mentor. He would be playing with a good team, Clarke and everyone knows him since he already was a Flyer. I hope Therien gets sent to Phoenix in the deal, man he is becoming a big time defensive liability.

RangerBoy 02-06-2004 08:59 AM

Bob Clarke please make the deal for Sean Burke

BLACKBURN 02-06-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp
I hope its the Flyers or Rags.

I hope its not the Rangers! :teach:

Steve L* 02-06-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I hope its not the Rangers! :teach:

And I hope its not the Flyers.
Its funny how no teams fans seem to want him.

epa80 02-06-2004 10:31 AM

I'd take Burke on the Flyers for a conditional draft pick, thats it, not a damn thing more, they want more, they can keep him, my interest isn't THAT intense.

Peter 02-06-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epa80
I'd take Burke on the Flyers for a conditional draft pick, thats it, not a damn thing more, they want more, they can keep him, my interest isn't THAT intense.

According to www.canoe.ca the Rangers are the #1 team in the running for Burke and they offered them Jamie Lundmark.

Clarke has already gone on record as saying that "Esche is his man" and with the play of Nittimakki and with Hackett in the fold as well I just don't see Burke landing in Philly.

Colorado would probably want a "cheaper" back-up rather than Burke...but you never know.

Guest 02-06-2004 11:20 AM

Don't forget that Burke could be receiving quite an endorsement from several players in Philly. Roenick, Amonte, Markov, Handzus, and Esche all played with him in Phoenix and probably back him.

MisterUnspoken 02-06-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter
According to www.canoe.ca the Rangers are the #1 team in the running for Burke and they offered them Jamie Lundmark.

Clarke has already gone on record as saying that "Esche is his man" and with the play of Nittimakki and with Hackett in the fold as well I just don't see Burke landing in Philly.

Colorado would probably want a "cheaper" back-up rather than Burke...but you never know.

Better not be, this would sicken me...

Sather, you are dangerously close to alienating whatever fan base hasn't already eroded you idiot

PhoPhan 02-06-2004 02:09 PM

Ugh, the Coyotes will have no interest in Therien.

sensfan18 02-06-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
I'm pretty sure that the Sens will be in the Burke bidding now. We need insurance in nets now...

And the insurance will most definately be used, Lalemon has lost it.

Question is would Prusek have to clear waivers to go down to Bingo? I sure hope not, cuz he would not clear.

Poulinsflakjacket 02-06-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Ugh, the Coyotes will have no interest in Therien.

I would like to meet a GM that does have interest in Therien...

officeglen 02-06-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poulinsflakjacket
I would like to meet a GM that does have interest in Therien...

Frank Miceli