HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   4-4-08 - Preds @ Hawks - The Tank Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=500334)

Joe T Choker 04-04-2008 12:11 AM

4-4-08 - Preds @ Hawks - The Tank Edition

Lets Not Do This :biglaugh:

predfan24 04-04-2008 12:30 AM

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK!!!!!!

man it;s gonna feel good watching a game with where I don't nearly have a heart attack again.

Seth Lake 04-04-2008 12:31 AM

I WANT DETROIT! Can't wait till Saturday...take care of business tomorrow and LOSE!!!

braindead 04-04-2008 12:40 AM

If the Preds win tomorrow, I will join the fire trotz bandwagon. Kane with the hat trick. I DO NOT want to root for the Flames this weekend. With any luck Crispy is taking the group out for an all-night drinking binge to celebrate getting in.

Seth Lake 04-04-2008 12:43 AM

Start Rinne, Play Klein and Koistinen big minutes, play Hordy if he is ready...and LOSE!!!

sparkle twin 04-04-2008 02:10 AM

Go Hawks.

(let's have a good game, play loose, help hawks have a good fan appreciation night (they deserve it) and come home safely)

jstreet 04-04-2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 13441834)
Start Rinne, Play Klein and Koistinen big minutes, play Hordy if he is ready...and LOSE!!!

AMEN! No injuries, just have fun boys, you've won it!!!!!!!!

Paranoid Android 04-04-2008 06:50 AM

I'd rather us and Calgary both win, honestly. But I guess its easier to control your own destiny.

I'll bet Mason starts, even though I'd love to see Rinne. They'll give him one last chance to redeem himself. After all, barring a miracle trade, he's with us for 2 more years.

crossxcheck 04-04-2008 07:25 AM

please please please lose, guys. just remember the last two years.

Jarnberg 04-04-2008 07:44 AM

LOL...

Pick your poison...

We win and potentially (if the Flames lose) face San Jose, who we've never matched up well against, especially in the playoffs. They are 20-1-2 in their last 23. Wow.

We lose and we get the President's Trophy winners in the big red menace, who have for sure given us our fair share of beatings over the years.

I really don't see us beating either, but you have to think that Nashville matches up a little better with Detroit rather then San Jose.

Its a case of be careful what you wish for, heh.

golfmade 04-04-2008 07:55 AM

I'd much rather face the Wings, if for no other reason than Wings fans on here aren't as annoying IMO as Sharks fans.

PredsMan 04-04-2008 07:58 AM

Yeah, I'll take our chances against Deeetro-it over the blasted sharks anyday

RollingPredFan 04-04-2008 08:10 AM

Well Rinne was sent back to Milwaukee so... I bet Mase starts, let Ellis rest and gain his weight back lol

No, I want *no* part of the Sharks. They own us, and its old lol.. I do not want to see Ron Wilson whine after every game. I don't want to see the litany of 5 on 3's they will get. I don't want to hear their obnoxious fans clamoring to suspend half our team if we dare hit them. I don't want to stay up late and lose sleep like the last 2 years lol

Not that Detroit can't wax us, mind you.... But, for the above reasons... Go Hawks lol

jstreet 04-04-2008 09:15 AM

besides, you want the good ol Hawks fans to have a good finale to enjoy.

Enoch 04-04-2008 11:27 AM

Honestly, I would rather be swept by Detroit, than go out in 5 to the Sharks again. Hopefully neither occurs.

MAN it feels good to have made the playoffs this year!

Does know how me and my wife can get tickets somewhere between the 18th and 27th? I get a break from school then, and I am going to be heading home to see family (and hopefully slip away and watch a Preds win.)

Guy Legend 04-04-2008 11:29 AM

I really hope you guys can avoid playing the Sharks again. Please eliminate the Red Wings in the first round....

Hawkster 04-04-2008 12:03 PM

The Hawks are not making it easy for you to tank. Lalime starts in net and Bolland, Byfuglien and Sopel are all sitting...Susan plays :shakehead

Here's hoping for a wide open, high scoring game with no injuries! Good luck in the play offs.

Seth Lake 04-04-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingPredFan (Post 13444714)
Well Rinne was sent back to Milwaukee so... I bet Mase starts, let Ellis rest and gain his weight back lol

Rinne is being sent back to Milwaukee AFTER tonight's game. Therefore, he will dress tonight and Ellis will sit out. Don't know who starts yet...Mason probably deserves it a lot more for being such a great teammate and all, but I'd like to see Rinne play an NHL game this season too.

vipera1960 04-04-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 13450609)
Rinne is being sent back to Milwaukee AFTER tonight's game. Therefore, he will dress tonight and Ellis will sit out. Don't know who starts yet...Mason probably deserves it a lot more for being such a great teammate and all, but I'd like to see Rinne play an NHL game this season too.

Is he flying, or are they going to just put him on the bus/Amtrak from Chicago?

Seth Lake 04-04-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipera1960 (Post 13450798)
Is he flying, or are they going to just put him on the bus/Amtrak from Chicago?

Honestly, I have no idea. I wouldn't doubt he comes back to Nashville with the team tonight and leaves for Milwaukee tomorrow morning, but he could leave straight from Chicago too as he was told prior to last night that he was being sent back down and he could have packed up his suitcase again and taken it with him since I know he didn't move out of his apartment in Milwaukee yet.

Basher 04-04-2008 04:09 PM

I heard Trotz is working on something for the playoffs during this game. Right handed players will be using left-handed sticks, left handed players will be using right-handed sticks. The goalie will be testing out some new pads, made of concrete and a glove made from the finest woven pubis. Very nice.

Paincakes 04-04-2008 04:53 PM

I hope we play Detroit. That would be the most entertaining matchup.

DManPreds11 04-04-2008 04:57 PM

Just wonding if anybody seen the thread over on the Sharks side "How funny would this be?". I really shouldn't be on these boards, only because I can't get on them or I will be banned. Although I think we would fair better against the Wings, I think tanking on the final game of the season would be bad karma. I think we play it just like it's another game just give Ellis the rest and Mason the start.

Jarnberg 04-04-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DManPreds11 (Post 13453268)
Just wonding if anybody seen the thread over on the Sharks side "How funny would this be?". I really shouldn't be on these boards, only because I can't get on them or I will be banned. Although I think we would fair better against the Wings, I think tanking on the final game of the season would be bad karma. I think we play it just like it's another game just give Ellis the rest and Mason the start.

I haven't seen the thread, but I'm sure its filled with a ton of immature Sharks fans as alot of them on here are trolling kids. Of course their good fans are awesome, but they have a few bad apples.

jstreet 04-04-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 13452519)
I heard Trotz is working on something for the playoffs during this game. Right handed players will be using left-handed sticks, left handed players will be using right-handed sticks. The goalie will be testing out some new pads, made of concrete and a glove made from the finest woven pubis. Very nice.

uhhhh,..what?