HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Props to the Predators!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=500519)

Reimer 04-04-2008 09:57 AM

Props to the Predators!!!

Hi this thread is coming from an Oilers fan. First and foremost I want to congratulate you guys on making the playoffs. I am glad we could help you seal the deal last night. Secondly I want to say how amazed I am of this franchise. For the gong show of an off season that it was for you guys with the ownership issues and loosing alot of top players, this team has not only come together, but they have proven alot of people wrong. I wrote this team off at the beginning of the year, as did many others. Much like the Oilers the young players really came through for the predators and took thier team one step further.

But I must say I really like the looks of this young team and hope they continue to grow and perform for the wonderful fanbase in Nashville. Here is to hoping you guys have a teriffic playoffs. Good luck. Looking forward to the battles in 08-09.

Jarnberg 04-04-2008 10:09 AM

Thanks!

PredsMan 04-04-2008 10:12 AM

Awesome...thanks a ton

Agalloch 04-04-2008 10:24 AM

I want to congratulate too for the playoffs!

I'm a habs fan but my second favorite team is the Predators, so... I'm really happy hockey is strong in Nashville.

CapsWolverinesUSA 04-04-2008 10:54 AM

From a fan of one underdog team to fans of another, awesome job! :thumbu:

Now that you guys are kicking up your feet and pulling for a last game tank, how about throwing a little love our way against Florida tomorrow!?! :sarcasm:

Seth Lake 04-04-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA (Post 13446907)

Now that you guys are kicking up your feet and pulling for a last game tank, how about throwing a little love our way against Florida tomorrow!?! :sarcasm:

Anything for a Florida loss...we own their first round pick!!! GO CAPS GO!!!

Joe T Choker 04-04-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Go Caps Go indeed :yo:

jstreet 04-04-2008 11:05 AM

Im torn, Im all aboard the Ovie bandwagon., but part of me really wants to see the Philadelphia Pred..uh...Flyers make the playoffs.

CapsWolverinesUSA 04-04-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 13447130)
Im torn, Im all aboard the Ovie bandwagon., but part of me really wants to see the Philadelphia Pred..uh...Flyers make the playoffs.

Then root for Carolina to lose tonight and get the best of both worlds!

trotzian brow 04-04-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Go CAPS!

fielding 04-04-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st4ticx (Post 13446435)
I want to congratulate too for the playoffs!

I'm a habs fan but my second favorite team is the Predators, so... I'm really happy hockey is strong in Nashville.

Thanks man!

Montreal has had a fun team to watch this year too. Pleks and Streit are friggin' studs.

Reimer 04-04-2008 02:00 PM

I think is definitely the official around the leage go preds thread now. Like I said since the Oilers are done I am cheering for the Canadiens and the Preds.

Fourier 04-04-2008 02:13 PM

I am also an Oiler fan, but have followed the Nashville situation closely on the Business Board. Given the rollercoaster ride that you guys were forced to endure watching some playoff hockey is a well deserved reward for you Pred fans. Enjoy!!!

Gnashville 04-04-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 13447130)

Me too add to that it's harder to cheer against Tomas Vokoun for me. Scott Walker not so much. It's amazing how many recent Preds are in the Eastern conf.

I want Ovie in the playoffs though and since Fla has nothing to play for. so Go Caps!!!

bring on the bass 04-05-2008 12:23 AM

im a sens fan...but wishing you guys all the luck...destroy the wings..hope its you and the sharks confrence finals...

GOOD LUCK!!

HeShootseyScores 04-05-2008 10:56 AM

Thanks for all the kind words. And thanks to our friends, the Edmonton Oilers, for helping our cause. I will always remember the Stanley Cup Final from 2006 and how badly I wanted the Oil to win. The Edmonton pre game festivities before Game 3 that you can view on YouTube give me chills every time I watch it.

DManPreds11 04-06-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourier (Post 13450536)
I am also an Oiler fan, but have followed the Nashville situation closely on the Business Board. Given the rollercoaster ride that you guys were forced to endure watching some playoff hockey is a well deserved reward for you Pred fans. Enjoy!!!

Thanks!! Reimer and Fourier you guys definitely have class. :handclap::handclap:
Nice to see how that FA trip you guys were on last July, turned around later in the season on a great run. I know you guy have a lot of positive things to look forward to in 08-09. Thanks again!!

Drury77 04-07-2008 07:32 PM

I haven't been around here this year, in terms of posting but I am super proud of this team and would love to see the Preds stun the NHL world and the Wings by a major upset.

I'll be watching as I have all season and hope to post as much as I can. My primary focus is the Bruins who much like the Preds have overcome the odds, each in their own ways.

GO PREDS GO!!!

DManPreds11 04-10-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drury77 (Post 13519271)
I haven't been around here this year, in terms of posting but I am super proud of this team and would love to see the Preds stun the NHL world and the Wings by a major upset.

I'll be watching as I have all season and hope to post as much as I can. My primary focus is the Bruins who much like the Preds have overcome the odds, each in their own ways.

GO PREDS GO!!!

Thanks for the post Drury77, yeah it's amazing how the "experts" had I think both of us to finish at the bottom of our conferences and we made the playoffs. Wonder if they are taking applications for anymore experts?:laugh: I can't speak for all Preds fans, probably most when I say Go Bruins kick the you know what out of the Canadiens :yo: