HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Allstar weekend rumours (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50081)

jumptheshark 02-06-2004 12:59 PM

Allstar weekend rumours

Here is somethings making the rumour mill

Sources are The 1040 radio vancouver---630ched edmonton and that nasty paper her in Fort Lauderdale you all hate

1)Burke is gone--He gave an interview where he said he has been told he has been traded and it will be announced either after the all star game or during--they can not tell him yet---Rumour is Philly

2)Oilers are getting ready to deal some contracts---Smyth, salo, and Laraques are the ones being shopped---Laraq has made a statement that a change of scenery may help him focus on hockey more---I met him a few times--he is a good guy off the ice--but he might be too nice

3)Keenen to the Rangers---Panthers owe him money and they have said that if he gets another job while they are paying him---they stop paying him

4)Alex Zhamnov to Vancouver is a no go---San Jose made an offer--Vancouversniffed around--BUT MADE NO OFFER--as of right now--I got this from a buddy who works for the nucks---Nucks are interested--but they are still fealing the hawks out---note---I talk to my buddy on Tuesday-so this being friday

5)Three teams have made offers for Gonchar from the Caps--the caps are trying to get a team to take to Ollie the goalie--three teams said no

6)Montreal and Calgary ---- example of a NHL farce--- Both have what the other needs, but neither are willing to give what it takes to get the deal done.

7)Florida Panthers are sellers

8)Parrish(NYI) deal may be done----NYI's were offered a deal for him --which was apperantly good--Mad Mike told the GM of the other team that Parrish is no longer available---

9)LA tried to get a doctor to say that both Allison's and Deadmarsh's careers are over--so that the insurance company could make a deal to pay out their contracts--Three doctors said that they could come back still--maybe

okay----take your shots

Lanny MacDonald* 02-06-2004 01:05 PM

6)Montreal and Calgary ---- example of a NHL farce--- Both have what the other needs, but neither are willing to give what it takes to get the deal done.

What is it that Calgary has that Montreal needs, and vice versa? I just don't see a match there at all. Care to explain? :dunno:

TMac21 02-06-2004 01:07 PM

Montreal-centres
Calgary-defencemen

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 02-06-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark

Sources are The 1040 radio vancouver---630ched edmonton and that nasty paper her in Fort Lauderdale you all hate

2)Oilers are getting ready to deal some contracts---Smyth, salo, and Laraques are the ones being shopped---Laraq has made a statement that a change of scenery may help him focus on hockey more---I met him a few times--he is a good guy off the ice--but he might be too nice

Ummm Laraque actually said he does NOT want to leave and if he goes anywhere else he will not drop the gloves again...or play hard..

Lanny MacDonald* 02-06-2004 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMac21
Montreal-centres
Calgary-defencemen

And what centers are available in Montreal that Darryl Sutter would want? Remember, Sutter likes players that are fast skaters, defensively aware, play physical when required and have some size to them. Please point out a center in Montreal that fits that discription?

Rattrick 02-06-2004 01:10 PM

I honestly don't think Florida will be sellers. Ovechkin is a little out of our reach, and Dudley has been given permission to acquire a top 4 defenseman.

blah 02-06-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

1)Burke is gone--He gave an interview where he said he has been told he has been traded and it will be announced either after the all star game or during--they can not tell him yet---Rumour is Philly

It's because Roenick is included and is playing in the game.

Burke-Doan for Roenick. :joker:

It'd be a real head scratcher if the Flyers picked up Burke. Niity has been solid, 2-0-0/1.00 GAA/.951 SV%, and Hackett is due back so they'll be ok until Esche returns.

Dr Love 02-06-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

I hope it's for something like a 6th round pick, because he's going to be the backup here. Hopefully he'll be going elsewhere though.

ACC1224 02-06-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
I hope it's for something like a 6th round pick, because he's going to be the backup here. Hopefully he'll be going elsewhere though.

Ottawa?

Tao Jones 02-06-2004 01:17 PM

If Keenan goes to New York, I would expect players such as Hlavac, Poti, and Dunham to be moved, if not by the deadline, over the summer, or before play resumes, if there is a stoppage.

#44_delivers 02-06-2004 01:18 PM

i hope the habs/flames roumers arnt true

Old Hickory 02-06-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

9)LA tried to get a doctor to say that both Allison's and Deadmarsh's careers are over--so that the insurance company could make a deal to pay out their contracts--Three doctors said that they could come back still--maybe

:eek: :eek:

Unthinkable 02-06-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luongofan
I honestly don't think Florida will be sellers. Ovechkin is a little out of our reach, and Dudley has been given permission to acquire a top 4 defenseman.

I think they will be myself. Too many teams ahead of them are already much better positioned for a top eight playoff seed. I expect Bure to be dealt by the deadline.

jumptheshark 02-06-2004 01:25 PM

Montreal/Calgary--- Yanick is available for a D man--but the flames who need a center will not trade the d-man that the habs want

Florida owners--all of them have different game plans!!!! The names I keep, hearing is Bure and Jokinen(Why Joke--dont know)

Burke to Philly--wont be for JR--that I know

Old Hickory 02-06-2004 01:26 PM

I was hoping there were some rumors about the Kings acquiring a D man and a Forward .........but I guess not

Ozy_Flame 02-06-2004 01:29 PM

We'll give Montreal a 3rd rounder if they pay all of Perreault's salary.

Other than that, no dice. If he comes here and it cost us anything significant, forget it. Gauthier is far more valuable than Yannic.

ACC1224 02-06-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Montreal/Calgary--- Yanick is available for a D man--but the flames who need a center will not trade the d-man that the habs want

Florida owners--all of them have different game plans!!!! The names I keep, hearing is Bure and Jokinen(Why Joke--dont know)

who are you?

Zhackpot 02-06-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Flames won't deal for Perrault because he has a bad attitude, is known to pout when things go south, and cannot play defence. Three traits the Sutter can't stand. Why trade a guy who is liked and ruin team chemistry? A trade for trade's sake doesn't make sense with the Flames.

barrytrotzsneck 02-06-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Ummm Laraque actually said he does NOT want to leave and if he goes anywhere else he will not drop the gloves again...or play hard..

well, it's been nice having him in the league, then.

ginner classic 02-06-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224
who are you?

Is this some kind of implied insult on these boards? I have seen this far too often from different posters here and it really irks me.

NYR469 02-06-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

3)Keenen to the Rangers---Panthers owe him money and they have said that if he gets another job while they are paying him---they stop paying him

phoenix is completely denying that rumor...they aren't saying that burke won't be moved, but they are saying that they did NOT tell burke he has been traded

and reports out of ny are that all indications from glen sather are that he plans to remain as head coach and has no intention to offer keenan the job...IMO if sather only brings in keenan if he thinks his days are numbered and is trying to save his job...

Not The One 02-06-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhackpot
Flames won't deal for Perrault because he has a bad attitude, is known to pout when things go south, and cannot play defence. Three traits the Sutter can't stand. Why trade a guy who is liked and ruin team chemistry? A trade for trade's sake doesn't make sense with the Flames.

Perreault's defensive play is what it is... but he absolutely DOES NOT have a bad attitude, and he DOES NOT pout. I have no idea where you got that but it is way off. He has been forced to play on the 4th line here, and is occasionally scratched, but he has NEVER complained or said a bad word about it. Compare that to the great Doug Gilmour last year when he whined like a little girl when he was put on the wing.

Ice Cream Man 02-06-2004 01:43 PM

Montreal wants a defenceman?

banging-tough Steve Montador for Yannic Perreault, with Montreal picking up half of Yannic's salary.

NO GAUTHIER FOR YOU!

CREW99AW 02-06-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

5)Three teams have made offers for Gonchar from the Caps--the caps are trying to get a team to take to Ollie the goalie--three teams said no

8)Parrish(NYI) deal may be done----NYI's were offered a deal for him --which was apperantly good--Mad Mike told the GM of the other team that Parrish is no longer available---

5) I wonder if the loser of the Burke sweepstakes doesn't take Kolzig.

8)I'm a little surprised that MM is saying Parrish is not available,having cheaper rws.

9)Anybody know what Allison's and Deadmarsh's contracts details(length/$ amounts).

habfan4 02-06-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
.... Remember, Sutter likes players that are fast skaters, defensively aware, play physical when required and have some size to them... Please point out a center in Montreal that fits that discription?

Sutter doesn't ask for much does he! Add scoring touch and mean streak to your shopping list and you've got Joe Thornton.