HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   How Many Points (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50097)

punchy1 02-06-2004 01:32 PM

How Many Points

I have gone through the rest of our schedule and I see us as ending the season with a total of,

86 points.

Instead of printing the schedule and then posting who and what and where and all I reckon we could just shorten things (imagine that, me shortening things!) and have a look and post the numbers.

My reason is that after looking at who we will play and reckoning how they fare against the trap and our control/pounce game and how we play against them over the past month or so that we will have more ties and such and not enough wins to make it more than the 86 I reckoned us to have.

What do you think we will get and a shorty on why?

Cheers

Old Hickory 02-06-2004 01:52 PM

95, I think we will heat up in the second half and make a run similiar to what we did after the Blake trade. This is also assuming we add the missing D man and top 6 forward (Help me out here DT)

VEGASKING 02-06-2004 07:18 PM

However many points puts them in 9th place. Barring a collapse by either Nashville or Calgary which is the more likely of the two. I just dont see us making the playoffs. St. Louis is too good and will finish strong and move back up to 6th or 7th leaving only two spots for LA, Calgary and Nashville. I really hope they prove me wrong but I've been watching this team for too long to expect anything else.

If some trades are made to improve the defense and they add a scorer then things change. I'll take a team like Colorado with tons of talent over a team with nothing but heart. Over the long haul skill wins out.

guzmania 02-07-2004 05:19 PM

One Defenseman might be Miller and forward Straka might get back too. That's 2 of the 3 you're talkin about. Are we force-feeding Gleason minutes in the minors so he can step in in the last month? That could be the third guy you're talking about. Is there a Yuskevich kind of player available out there? The prices seem unreasonably high for a respectable D-Man. I would bet there will be no significant additions by trade.

There are way too many scenarios that might happen to say with any certainty where we'll be at the end of the year. Batten down the hatches, pray for some good bounces and even better referees. GKG! Drop the puck already! I hate this break, just when it was starting to get interesting too.

punchy1 02-07-2004 08:12 PM

I must not put things right. Sorry about that. Lets try it this way.

I were wondering how many points (the number of points) you feel the Kings will end up with at the end. Have a guess. I am the only with the name Punchy so naught is going to happen to you. Give her a go. ;)

Kingz4life 02-08-2004 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
I must not put things right. Sorry about that. Lets try it this way.

I were wondering how many points (the number of points) you feel the Kings will end up with at the end. Have a guess. I am the only with the name Punchy so naught is going to happen to you. Give her a go. ;)

I think we can reach about 95 points. With 28 games left you got to believe we should average more then a point a game. I'm just confident were going to play well and average a little more than a point a game. I think 95 is reasonable if this team doesnt break down like last year. C'mon guyzzzz :handclap:

jfont 02-08-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I think we can reach about 95 points. With 28 games left you got to believe we should average more then a point a game. I'm just confident were going to play well and average a little more than a point a game. I think 95 is reasonable if this team doesnt break down like last year. C'mon guyzzzz :handclap:

that means the kings have to go 17-10-1 (or something like that) the rest of the way...*gulp*

Kingz4life 02-08-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
that means the kings have to go 17-10-1 (or something like that) the rest of the way...*gulp*

I think they can :yo:

jfont 02-08-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I think they can :yo:

i think they can...i think they can...i think they can...i think they can.

Jungle Boy 02-08-2004 03:39 PM

Jokinen

I wonder if Florida would trade him. They are out of the playoffs and would get some quality prospects from the Kings. And in July we can say good buy for Mr. Allison and find another way to spend $8 millions.