HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Souray gives credit to ward! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50163)

Mooch 02-06-2004 04:57 PM

Souray gives credit to ward!

Hey guys,

Did you guys see the highlights for last nights game against the islanders on tsn. Souray mentioned that ward was a big reason why they were able to hold the lead last night with five minutes left.

Ward may not be the best skater, but man does this guy work hard. I personally really wana see this guy succeed and become our third line right winger. Like Begin this guy works his but off, and shows so much heart that we have lacked in montreal for years. I dont think im the only one noticing this, because souray gave credit to him last night, which was just awsome too hear. It also shows that ward is starting to earn respect by his teamates.

Anyways i just thought i would share my respect and the teams respect for ward with you guys. Here is some other new guys this season who i feel deserve respect for their hard work---

:bow: :bow: :bow: Begin, Souray, Ryder :bow: :bow: :bow:

Guys who have always been and will continue to be respected by the true fans---

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: KOIVU :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thoughts :p

montreal 02-06-2004 05:01 PM

I agree Ward is the man! He was all over the place last night, (literally :p ) but it did a heck of a job in a very big game. :yo:

Brownies 02-06-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

Did you guys see the highlights for last nights game against the islanders on tsn. Souray mentioned that ward was a big reason why they were able to hold the lead last night with five minutes left.

Ward may not be the best skater, but man does this guy work hard. I personally really wana see this guy succeed and become our third line right winger. Like Begin this guy works his but off, and shows so much heart that we have lacked in montreal for years. I dont think im the only one noticing this, because souray gave credit to him last night, which was just awsome too hear. It also shows that ward is starting to earn respect by his teamates.

Anyways i just thought i would share my respect and the teams respect for ward with you guys. Here is some other new guys this season who i feel deserve respect for their hard work---

Another guy who deserves some respect is Bulis. He's clearly not a 1st liner, but he never takes a sift off and he creates a lot of chance. If only he had Dagenais's shot :D ...

Quagmier 02-06-2004 05:04 PM

Begin and Ward are awesome energy players who i would take on my team any day.

Problem is... whereas once our team was so full of softish pkers on the 3rd line (Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom)

we keep putting these guys on the 3rd line, soon all its gonna be is a bunch of guys skating in straight lines over pursuing.

Begin would be ideally suited for 4th line duty IF the 4th line gets more minutes.

Him and ward, along with someone else who is skilled or has energy and a defensive mind would be a perfect line to complement a more scoring oriented 3rd line

I see Bulis-Higgins-Sundstrom as that line and think that a Ward-Begin-??? line would be an awesome 4th, so who should be the ???

top 2 lines... well now the possibilities are endless

Guy Caballero 02-06-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
a more scoring oriented 3rd line

I see Bulis-Higgins-Sundstrom as that line and think that a Ward-Begin-??? line would be an awesome 4th, so who should be the ???

He's already on the team: Darren Langdon.

BigM1ke 02-06-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier

top 2 lines... well now the possibilities are endless

the ??? are Langdon... One of the best fighter the Habs ever had in many years... We have to keep him and sign him this summer, no doubt about it!!

As for the top 2 lines, Ryder, Koivu, Ribeiro and Zednick are locked. Dagenais MAY loses his stop and we have to find a new winger with Ryder and Koivu. Why not try a rookie! We never know.. Just look at Ryder :) Perezhogin and Balej may diserve a serious chance.

oli500 02-06-2004 06:13 PM

Thats why we are having succes this year. Because of guys like ward, bégin,langdon komisarek,souray who works hard every shift, and its like a virus that is given to the other players. Last year guys like chow,petrov,mckay were given absoulutly no efort on the ice. And the rest of the team folode in their footsteps.

All people talk about urond the league are teams like ottawa, toronto,vancouver,colorado,detroit and philli. We might be the most undertated team urond here. I myself live in kitcherner and whenever I try talking about the habs to other people that are not habs fans I mention names like ward,bégin,Langdon People respond to me Who???? I Even had a freind that did not no who ryder was before the habs played the leafs couple weaks ago. he found out about him when cbc had that little show on him before the game.

This might be a good thing come playoff time because if a team like philli or ottawa takes us for granted we might just be able to pull a upset.

BigM1ke 02-06-2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
Thats why we are having succes this year. Because of guys like ward, bégin,langdon komisarek,souray who works hard every shift, and its like a virus that is given to the other players. Last year guys like chow,petrov,mckay were given absoulutly no efort on the ice. And the rest of the team folode in their footsteps.

Don't EVER talk that way about Petrov again. :mad:

Petrov was always giving his 110%. Always.

KILLger 02-06-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke

That's right. He just plain stank.

BigM1ke 02-06-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
That's right. He just plain stank.

I can't believe this.

For like 3 years Petrov was our most consistent player on the ice. He was always intense and giving 2nd efforts. Maybe he wasn't big and hasn't the hand of Jagr but he was still able to produce. He sucked during his last year as a Habs but I won't forget the good years he gave us. He was really entertaining.

KILLger 02-06-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

I can't believe this.

For like 3 years Petrov was our most consistent player on the ice. He was always intense and giving 2nd efforts. Maybe he wasn't big and hasn't the hand of Jagr but he was still able to produce. He sucked during his last year as a Habs but I won't forget the good years he gave us. He was really entertaining.

Believe what ever you want but a guy skating in circles doesn't entertain me at all. You wonder why we were bad? One of our best player was named Oleg Petrov, that's part of the reason. He was creating chances but missing about twice out of one chance... really, it's was pathetic. The guy gave consitent effort, though. I questionned his backchecking many times but considering it was on a team going nowhere...

BigM1ke 02-06-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Believe what ever you want but a guy skating in circles doesn't entertain me at all. You wonder why we were bad? One of our best player was named Oleg Petrov, that's part of the reason. He was creating chances but missing about twice out of one chance... really, it's was pathetic. The guy gave consitent effort, though. I questionned his backchecking many times but considering it was on a team going nowhere...

Well at least he was trying :)

Rahan 02-06-2004 06:56 PM

Quote:

Considering you're wearing a name you got after Kilger... :D

BigM1ke 02-06-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahan
Considering you're wearing a name you got after Kilger... :D

hahaha :joker: cheap shot!!

Habber 02-06-2004 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch

I think this post deserves two minutes for excessive use of smilies!
:joker:

Seriously though the unexpected brilliant play of Begin, Souray and Ryder is a big reason we're sitting 8 games above .500.

Mooch 02-06-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
I think this post deserves two minutes for excessive use of smilies!

Really, you think so :D

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:lol: I like bothering people ;)

Fish on The Sand 02-06-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Its not Petrov's fault that he wasn't Jaromir Jagr out there. he was put in a role and did his best.

oli500 02-06-2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

Tell me this. If Petrov allways gave his 110% howcome a guy like audette got another shot at the nhl before petrov did :p . No seriously maybe petrov did gave a nigh in night out effort but all he brought to the game was his offensive abilities and witch he would only give 20 goals tops a season. It just wouldent be a cluade julien type player.

tinyzombies 02-06-2004 11:36 PM

Don't forget Sundstrom. He's been awesome lately.

whyteknight63 02-07-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
Tell me this. If Petrov allways gave his 110% howcome a guy like audette got another shot at the nhl before petrov did :p . No seriously maybe petrov did gave a nigh in night out effort but all he brought to the game was his offensive abilities and witch he would only give 20 goals tops a season. It just wouldent be a cluade julien type player.

I know I'll get blasted for this but here's why:

Petrov = Russian
Audette = French Canadian
Montreal Canadiens = located in Quebec

You do the math...

That's probably why Audette was also always picked over Czerkawski... (not that I liked or disliked either of them).