HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Tapered Blade Question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=502508)

XweekendwarriorX 04-07-2008 05:55 PM

Tapered Blade Question

I have a S17 shaft that i found it was cracked over a crossbar at the end of a championship game and i dont have much EXP. with tapered blades i was wondering will one fit at the end or not?

sc37 04-07-2008 06:15 PM

I'd say probably not just cause the S17 is round towards the blade

XweekendwarriorX 04-07-2008 06:33 PM

Its broken off right in between the S17 and blue easton patch twords the bottom. if a tapered doesnt fit will maybe a end plug JR size at all? and i can pop a SR blade on the other end.

Nosebleed Section 04-07-2008 08:40 PM

Yeah I think with the S17 you'll only be able to flip it around and put a blade in the top.

We'reGonnaWin* 04-07-2008 09:50 PM

The S17 has an elliptical shape at the bottom of the shaft -- and no tapered or standard blade will fit there. I'd go with Mojorisin's suggestion of popping a standard blade in the top.

Need a Neely 04-07-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13521099)
The S17 has an elliptical shape at the bottom of the shaft -- and no tapered or standard blade will fit there. I'd go with Mojorisin's suggestion of popping a standard blade in the top.

That's the only thing you can do...but that messes up the flex and if you are an experienced shooter, you will notice your shot suffering. Drop the coin, buy another one, stop being that guy that smacks your 200 dollar stick on stuff when you get pissed.

stick9 04-08-2008 08:41 AM

Might be able to cut it above the elliptical taper section and use a tapered blade. Or, you could cut it high up enough to use a standard blade without having to flip the stick over.

xeric716x 04-08-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need a Neely (Post 13521746)
That's the only thing you can do...but that messes up the flex and if you are an experienced shooter, you will notice your shot suffering. Drop the coin, buy another one, stop being that guy that smacks your 200 dollar stick on stuff when you get pissed.

his post said he found the shaft after it was cracked over a crossbar, i'm pretty he wasnt he guy he broke it

Nosebleed Section 04-08-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Need a Neely (Post 13521746)
That's the only thing you can do...but that messes up the flex and if you are an experienced shooter, you will notice your shot suffering.

I thought this would happen when I broke my Vapor XXX and flipped it upside down but it really wasn't that big of a deal. It certaintly didn't have as low of a kickpoint or the performance as when it was a one peice but it basically flexed like a normal shaft right in the middle. However it came with a nice tapered knob.

K-PAX* 04-08-2008 07:59 PM

This is one of the reasons I like the Synergy SE over the S17. Its actually designed to accept blades.