HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ''Koivu's injury doesn't look good''-RDS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=502661)

Chfan 04-07-2008 10:02 PM

''Koivu's injury doesn't look good''-RDS

''Seul Saku Koivu n'était pas sur la patinoire lundi chez le Canadien et les choses n'augurent pas bien dans son cas.''

Basically says that Koivu was the only one not on the ice today and that things aren't going the right way for him.

Lucius 04-07-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 13522553)
''Seul Saku Koivu n'était pas sur la patinoire lundi chez le Canadien et les choses n'augurent pas bien dans son cas.''

Basically says that Koivu was the only one not on the ice today and that things aren't going the right way for him.

Well his foot is broken. Honestly, if we cannot beat Boston without Koivu, we're not going to beat the creme of the crop with him, so I figure they should let him rest.

Watsatheo 04-07-2008 10:04 PM

Ah crap. I still believe though.

Caseofcups* 04-07-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 13522553)

He'll be back by this time next week. Count on it.

Chfan 04-07-2008 10:05 PM

But with Bergeron probably getting back for them if we get a 2-0 series lead, Koivu's comeback could actually even out the moral boost.

Turbo 04-07-2008 10:08 PM

I heard the same report earlier during the 6:30 sports30 showing.

They basically just said that without any context at all and didn't follow-up with anything else. I think the reporter meant that it doesn't look as good that he'll play on Thursday, as opposed to all the others.

In other words, there is no new information since Saku's interview on the weekend - that he'll see the doctors during the next day or two and take it from there. It is an outside chance that he'll play Thursday and we all already knew this.

Misleading choice of words by the reporter though (I think it was Lavoie?).

Ice Poutine 04-07-2008 10:09 PM

At this time of the season, no news from ANY source can be trusted. The Habs will do all they can to hide his real condition and so will the Bruins about Bergeron .

Its two teams trying to gain the psychological high ground here.

Bad Natey 04-07-2008 10:12 PM

I expect Bouillon and Koivu to both miss game one.

Purely because I think it's smarter to make sure they are 100%.

Philanthropist 04-07-2008 10:15 PM

he will be back game 2

book it

Beakermania* 04-07-2008 10:22 PM

We already knew he was gonna try skating for the first time on tuesday.....

The news that he wasn't on ice today means nothing.

Lucius 04-07-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 13522942)
We already knew he was gonna try skating for the first time on tuesday.....

The news that he wasn't on ice today means nothing.

It's April. We're ranked #1.

Leaves crackling on his street is news.

..and there are likely people waiting with salt nearby just in case of a freeze.

=)

Mustafa* 04-07-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 13522573)
Well his foot is broken. Honestly, if we cannot beat Boston without Koivu, we're not going to beat the creme of the crop with him, so I figure they should let him rest.

He got a broken foot, that means he does play with his broken foot or doesn't play at alle during the sries and we wait till his foot is completly healed, like in two months. Let him rest with a broken foot wont change a thing. It needs a complete healing.

Lucius 04-07-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 13523213)
He got a broken foot, that means he does play with his broken foot or doesn't play at alle during the sries and we wait till his foot is completly healed, like in two months. Let him rest with a broken foot wont change a thing. It needs a complete healing.

Valid point, but I cannot imagine an extra week wouldn't do some good? But then again, I've never tried to play pro sports on a broken foot.

Mustafa* 04-07-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 13523227)
Valid point, but I cannot imagine an extra week wouldn't do some good? But then again, I've never tried to play pro sports on a broken foot.

Niether did i, but my father got a tibia broken and it lasted for 3 months. I know that a "small broken bone in the foot" is a not a broken leg, but still, it must take at least wo months no? Is ther someonewho knows about it?

Lucius 04-07-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 13523257)
Niether did i, but my father got a tibia broken and it lasted for 3 months. I know that a "small broken bone in the foot" is a not a broken leg, but still, it must take at least wo months no? Is ther someonewho knows about it?

True, but it's not like it just "heals" one day. Every day its closer, but yeah.

JMMR 04-07-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 13523227)

What professional sport did you play without a broken foot?

Galchenyuk x 27 04-07-2008 10:41 PM

i dont think he should play unless were down in the series, even if he says he can go.
its not worth the risk.

Lucius 04-07-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 13523282)

Umm - "I've never tried to..."

Xbox?

=)

(EDIT: OK, I understand now upon a 4th reading, but yeah, never trying to play pro sports with a broken foot doesn't imply I did without one. However, I feel I have worn a skate, therefore I can relate to how that feels! lol)

Le Maroons 04-07-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseofcups (Post 13522588)
He'll be back by this time next week. Count on it.

It'll be 3-0 by then.

Pascal 04-07-2008 10:49 PM

I think he'll come back in game 2.

Mustafa* 04-07-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 13523278)
True, but it's not like it just "heals" one day. Every day its closer, but yeah.

True but i bet when you're playing hockey you want it to be a 100% because if it's weak it could easly be broken again, it's not like paying chess. You're right there's differant stages of healing, not that i am a doctor. I think Koivu will play wih his broken bone, he wont just sit and wait till the CH win the cup without him.

Lucius 04-07-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 13523477)
True but i bet when you're playing hockey you want it to be a 100% because if it's weak it could easly be broken again, it's not like paying chess. You're right there's differant stages of healing, not that i am a doctor. I think Koivu will play wih his broken bone, he wont just sit and wait till the CH win the cup without him.

Agreed, just saying, if we cannot beat Boston without him, we're screwed anyway. So why not let him rest it?

Not that this logic will apply, he'll be playing as soon as he can stand up in a hockey skate, I have no doubt.

m00ks 04-07-2008 10:53 PM

Let him rest. We've been playing consistent and solid defensive hockey the last 3 games, 2 of which against teams fighting their hearts out for a playoff spot. All without Koivu.
The emergence of the fourth line has really downplayed the significance of the injury. They shouldn't have a problem against the B's if they can keep it up. Being vets, there's a good bet they could.
Where Koivu will be missed is in his playoff production. This may hurt our scoring depth against a tight Bruins team that will only play even tighter. If Higgins and SKost can step up and create chances, that should allow Koivu some much needed resting time.

edit: Here's to hoping NYR/NJ series goes in 7

Mustafa* 04-07-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 13523496)
Agreed, just saying, if we cannot beat Boston without him, we're screwed anyway. So why not let him rest it?

Not that this logic will apply, he'll be playing as soon as he can stand up in a hockey skate, I have no doubt.

Agreed! I dont want to speak out of ignorance and you make perfect sense (Not Sens).

Ice Poutine 04-07-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 13523282)

I played Lacrosse professionaly for 3 games (tryout) but i had a stuffed nose. No joke.