HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sad Memory (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=502707)

m00ks 04-08-2008 12:55 AM

Sad Memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY1HN93t1Ig
Almost forgot about the '93 riot after we won the cup. Wonder if the 15 year drought smartened up the fans should we win it this year.

le_sean 04-08-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m00ks (Post 13524475)

Almost forgot about the '93 riot after we won the cup. Wonder if the 15 year drought smartened up the fans should we win it this year.

Fixed

m00ks 04-08-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 13524486)
Fixed

thanks man

Lucius 04-08-2008 12:58 AM

I am not normally superstitious, but...

http://jilldenton.files.wordpress.co...re-horse-2.jpg

Sthabs 04-08-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m00ks (Post 13524475)
Wonder if the 15 year drought smartened up the fans should we win it this year.

I wouldnt bet on that.....
lol

See a lot of people sees that as the best part of the playoffs
(not including myself)

Galchenyuk x 27 04-08-2008 01:01 AM

smartened ppl up?

the next time this team wins the cup, we wont have a downtown left.

Beakermania* 04-08-2008 01:07 AM

It hasn't smartened anyone up.... it'll only be worse this time....

Its sad too, cause a bunch of idiots will destroy the character of the millions of good people in the city... Kinda like a supersized, superenhanced (tons more damage) version of HFboards.

Masao 04-08-2008 01:27 AM

That was actually a few months before I came to canada

What's funny is that my sister was there and saw the riot from her car. What's even funnier is that at around 1:32 of the video you see a Mercury Topaz that looks EXACTLY like hers, and I know she was already using that car at the time. Obviously it may not be the same car because it's a famous brand and all and there may have been several identical cars around the forum, but it could very well be her sitting inside there and looking at everything in sheer horror

I'll show her the video and she'll probably freak out, hahaha

Compare, a pic of her car the way it looks today and a screen from that YT video. Same car? Maybe...
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8215/siscarft2.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8093/youtubemj5.jpg

brownman* 04-08-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13524552)
smartened ppl up?

the next time this team wins the cup, we wont have a downtown left.

This is true. Going 15 years without a cup is like being in exile, when you come back you're gonna be pissed as **** and looking for revenge. Downtown Montreal will feel the brunt of that revenge.

Redux91 04-08-2008 02:21 AM

Seriously.... How can you think weve smartened up, 15 + years..and the city is hungry more than ever...

NO DOUBT the next time is going to be WAY worse... im ok with this. i just want everyone to be ready that, this might be one of the craziest riots in the history of the world lol...well north american anyway

Theres going to be alot..alot ..alot of drunken idiots downtown if we win...and u know what..most of us will probably some of them.

No doubt its worse this time..

Galchenyuk x 27 04-08-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux91 (Post 13525309)
Seriously.... How can you think weve smartened up, 15 + years..and the city is hungry more than ever...

NO DOUBT the next time is going to be WAY worse... im ok with this. i just want everyone to be ready that, this might be one of the craziest riots in the history of the world lol...well north american anyway

Theres going to be alot..alot ..alot of drunken idiots downtown if we win...and u know what..most of us will probably some of them.

No doubt its worse this time..

I will be downtown
I will be drunk
I will party
I will NOT be an imbecile

Gilles Tremblay 04-08-2008 02:31 AM

Have you noticed that policeman patrolling the streets in Montreal have gotten physically bigger in the last 15 years? Even girl cops look like trucks. I wonder if there are statistics to back this up, but clearly policemen are better trained physically for the job nowadays.

Anyways, my point is: remember Le Sommet des Amériques a couple of years ago? The police won't just sit there and wait for hell to break loose. They're probably drafting a plan right now and if the Habs ever make it to the finals, the area surrounding the Bell Center will be a highly and aggressively monitored police zone.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-08-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay (Post 13525376)
Have you noticed that policeman patrolling the streets in Montreal have gotten physically bigger in the last 15 years? Even girl cops look like trucks. I wonder if there are statistics to back this up, but clearly policemen are better trained physically for the job nowadays.

Anyways, my point is: remember Le Sommet des Amériques a couple of years ago? The police won't just sit there and wait for hell to break loose. They're probably drafting a plan right now and if the Habs ever make it to the finals, the area surrounding the Bell Center will be a highly and aggressively monitored police zone.

Its not only the bell centre area that will need security.
The entire downtown area is gonna be going insane.

Obviously the worst will be Ste-Catherine and Crecent but dont count out the rest of Ste Catherine.

I want it to happen, but im really scared to see the aftermath.

the police can plan all they want, its still gonna get out of hand..and fast!

Beakermania* 04-08-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilles Tremblay (Post 13525376)

Well thats true... sometimes sheer numbers can overwhelm the police, nomatter how big they are; and how well they plan..... Mass humanity acting like retards usually causes a lot of damage.

Habitant#1 04-08-2008 02:45 AM

The 2008 Montreal Stanley Cup riot is already an event on Facebook. So's the parade.

Redux91 04-08-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitant#1 (Post 13525462)
The 2008 Montreal Stanley Cup riot is already an event on Facebook. So's the parade.

LOL AT this

Galchenyuk x 27 04-08-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux91 (Post 13525523)
LOL AT this

its funny, lol, but its true

I was invited to both, rejected them for now.

here's the riot.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7542026420

kevanos 04-08-2008 04:10 AM

they'll need the army to hold us back, and i wouldn't be surprized to see them in the streets.

tmc 04-08-2008 07:14 AM

I'd rather have a riot and a cup than no riot and no cup, it's a small price to pay IMO

anarmandaleb 04-08-2008 08:58 AM

And then "they" will have been right about Habs fans... :shakehead

NSi 04-08-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevanos (Post 13525884)
they'll need the army to hold us back, and i wouldn't be surprized to see them in the streets.

That's also what I think.

Forum Ghost 04-08-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13525373)
I will be downtown
I will be drunk
I will party
I will NOT be an imbecile

Good for you. :handclap: I don't understand where the BS notion came from that you need to be destructive to celebrate the Cup. If & when the Habs win, I would love to see a massive, massive all-night celebration without windows getting smashed, cars being vandalized or stores looted.

The '86 and '93 riots = bush league behaviour by bush league people. The city deserves better.

Ozymandias 04-08-2008 12:03 PM

At least Metallica and Guns'n'Roses aren't coming into town!:sarcasm:

tmc 04-08-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forum Ghost (Post 13528198)
Good for you. :handclap: I don't understand where the BS notion came from that you need to be destructive to celebrate the Cup. If & when the Habs win, I would love to see a massive, massive all-night celebration without windows getting smashed, cars being vandalized or stores looted.

The '86 and '93 riots = bush league behaviour by bush league people. The city deserves better.

hundreds of thousands of drunk people in montreal = a garanteed riot alot of it has to do with just how bad the police are at crowd control they have very little experience with it in montreal

Forum Ghost 04-08-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmc (Post 13530015)
hundreds of thousands of drunk people in montreal = a garanteed riot alot of it has to do with just how bad the police are at crowd control they have very little experience with it in montreal

While I agree that the cops should be prepared for the worst, I can tell you that there have been lots of drunken Cup celebrations in Montreal before '86 and '93, without vandalism or violence. Behaviour starts with the people, not the cops.