HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Burke story in Delco times (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50288)

54fightin 02-07-2004 09:42 AM

Burke story in Delco times

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=18170&rfi=6

BrindA17 02-07-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54fightin

Esche and Burke playing for us....I think I like it. They were friends in Phoenix and whoever wins the starting job will be fully supported by the other.

mrs9x 02-07-2004 10:44 AM

Comrie as bait? No way!

If Comrie is going to be dealt, it better involve either Doan or Nagy + Burke. No way do we trade Comrie straight up for Burke, I would forever boo Clarke.

RoDu 02-07-2004 10:57 AM

if we can give picks for Burke, ok, no roster players, or prospects, it isn't worth it to trade for a backup with no playoff success

The Pucks 02-07-2004 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs9x
If Comrie is going to be dealt, it better involve either Doan or Nagy + Burke. No way do we trade Comrie straight up for Burke, I would forever boo Clarke.

No way do you get Doan or Nagy for Comrie, they are both better players, Doan the team leader, Nagy a rising star.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pucks
No way do you get Doan or Nagy for Comrie, they are both better players, Doan the team leader, Nagy a rising star.

Agreed, but I don't think Comrie will be headed to Phoenix. What I do expect is for Phoenix to add one of Gratton, Sillinger, Ference, Hrdina or Cleary (who has, for some reason, been on the first line recently).

mrs9x 02-07-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Agreed, but I don't think Comrie will be headed to Phoenix. What I do expect is for Phoenix to add one of Gratton, Sillinger, Ference, Hrdina or Cleary (who has, for some reason, been on the first line recently).

If it's Gratton, I'm going to puke.

Steve L* 02-07-2004 11:41 AM

If its any of those listed, Ill puke.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 11:56 AM

Keep in mind, it's not only the Flyers in the running...

Rex88 02-07-2004 11:58 AM

Crap- I already puked and will do so again if Comrie is let go for that horrible package.

Steve L* 02-07-2004 12:14 PM

Quote:

Keep in mind, it's not only the Flyers in the running...

Thanks for the words of comfort! ;)

blah 02-07-2004 12:19 PM

Burke has a three-pronged option for next season $4.25 million if he exercises it, $4.75 million if the team picks it up and $4.5 in the event a mutual agreement.
-
The Flyers worst offer is probably still better than the Rangers best offer, they have almost nothing worth trading for that they're willing to trade.
-
Moving Comrie is nuts. He missed training camp and what 35 games? Now people are saying he's fizzled? Am I the only one who wasn't expecting much from him this season?

If Comrie is in the deal I'd want something like:
Burke-PHX 1st 04-Hrdina for Comrie
-
Egh, Gratton in a deal. I wouldn't package Hackett and Therien for him.
No interest in trying Sillinger in Philly again.
Cleary? Sounds like the Canadian Radovan Somik. No thanks.

GoneFullHextall 02-07-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs9x

we are going to trade a young forward for an goalie who is past his prime? Sorry if Phoenix isnt adding another player offer a 3rd or 4th round pick and say take it or leave it.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
The Flyers worst offer is probably still better than the Rangers best offer, they have almost nothing worth trading for that they're willing to trade.

I think I'll disagree with that. The Rangers might not have a lot to offer, but if the Flyers' worst offer is anything like the Flyers' fans' worst offer, Lundmark is 100 times better.

GoneFullHextall 02-07-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

I think I'll disagree with that. The Rangers might not have a lot to offer, but if the Flyers' worst offer is anything like the Flyers' fans' worst offer, Lundmark is 100 times better.

how would you know anything about the trade offers the teams have made? or are you going by what ppl have proposed in here? I dont want Burke here unless positivly Hackett cant go at all. then like i said offer a 3rd or 4th and say take it or leave it. Let the Rangers offer up more of there yung players like Lundmark, Murray ect.

swflyers8* 02-07-2004 12:58 PM

From thescore.ca

The Sean Burke to Philadelphia rumors continue to heat up, as the NHL heads into its annual all-star break. Burke, who played with the Flyers during the 1997-98 playoffs after a late-season trade, is expected to be dealt by the Phoenix Coyotes shortly after the break ends next week. Burke knows several members of the Flyers, including former 'Yotes Jeremy Roenick, Tony Amonte, Danny Markov and Robert Esche--who may still be considered the No. 1 goalie even if Burke returns to the 'City of Brotherly Love'. Phoenix may get a draft pick in return for Burke.

Gert B Frobe 02-07-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
From thescore.ca

The Sean Burke to Philadelphia rumors continue to heat up, as the NHL heads into its annual all-star break. Burke, who played with the Flyers during the 1997-98 playoffs after a late-season trade, is expected to be dealt by the Phoenix Coyotes shortly after the break ends next week. Burke knows several members of the Flyers, including former 'Yotes Jeremy Roenick, Tony Amonte, Danny Markov and Robert Esche--who may still be considered the No. 1 goalie even if Burke returns to the 'City of Brotherly Love'. Phoenix may get a draft pick in return for Burke.

Now that makes some sense. I'm tired of hearing rumors about Comrie- none of them ever have a source- just ridiculous "trade ideas" - he'll be ready by playoffs.

I'd take Gratton for Therien and Hacket in a second. At least he could go out there with Brashear and throw some checks. Unless of course he makes tons of money...

blah 02-07-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineers
Now that makes some sense. I'm tired of hearing rumors about Comrie- none of them ever have a source- just ridiculous "trade ideas" - he'll be ready by playoffs.

I'd take Gratton for Therien and Hacket in a second. At least he could go out there with Brashear and throw some checks. Unless of course he makes tons of money...

Gratton is not nearly good enough to take minutes away from Patrick Sharp or LaPointe.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-07-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Gratton is not nearly good enough to take minutes away from Patrick Sharp or LaPointe.

He would be, if we faced the Leafs or Devs in a best of seven.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
how would you know anything about the trade offers the teams have made? or are you going by what ppl have proposed in here? I dont want Burke here unless positivly Hackett cant go at all. then like i said offer a 3rd or 4th and say take it or leave it. Let the Rangers offer up more of there yung players like Lundmark, Murray ect.

I've read from numerous sources that the Rangers offered Lundmark and the Coyotes are holding out for more.

Quote:

How does the Comrie thing not have a source? It's from the Delco Times, apparently, and is just as valid a source as The Score. I think both are way off though. As for the trade you proposed, that's a big ol' "No Thanks" from the Coyotes. We gave up Danny Briere for Gratton, and have been pleased with the results. No way do we trade for someone to be our 4th string goalie and our 8th defenseman.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-07-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

I've read from numerous sources that the Rangers offered Lundmark and the Coyotes are holding out for more.

How does the Comrie thing not have a source? It's from the Delco Times, apparently, and is just as valid a source as The Score. I think both are way off though. As for the trade you proposed, that's a big ol' "No Thanks" from the Coyotes. We gave up Danny Briere for Gratton, and have been pleased with the results. No way do we trade for someone to be our 4th string goalie and our 8th defenseman.

Conversely I've read that Sather wants to give up Lundmark but Ranger's top Brass says no. Don't know how much validity there is though. :dunno:

Brad* 02-07-2004 02:35 PM

If they're going to acquire Burke, I'd rather they did it without it being apart of a bigger package. God only knows what players could be headed to Phoenix if that happened.

PF 02-07-2004 02:36 PM

I also read that, I want no part of Burke right now if it costs more than a draft pick personally.

Winston Wolf 02-07-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Have you ever seen Gratton play? The guy was a lazy bum for the Flyers and would hardly be willing to go out there and throw some checks.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Have you ever seen Gratton play? The guy was a lazy bum for the Flyers and would hardly be willing to go out there and throw some checks.

While your stuck in 1998, I have some stocks I want to sell you.