HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Higgins was on The Score (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=503037)

HomaridII 04-08-2008 06:16 PM

Higgins was on The Score

Higgy was just on The Spin playoff preview show, I believe they will repeat the show at 11pm eastern.

Basically:

1) Komisarek WILL play (or Mikey as he called him) in Game .

2) Koivu might play, he needs to test his foot in a skate and see how it feels.

3) Biggest difference from this year to last year is Kovalev and the play of the kids. He specifically mentioned Plekanec, Carey and the Kostitsyn brothers.

4) He is amazed at how unfazed and calm Carey is and it gives the team a lot of confidence.

CareyPrice x 31 04-08-2008 06:18 PM

yes, the show repeats at 11.
thanks for the heads up

im watching the CBC preview show now.

Ape Clutch 04-08-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 13536536)
Higgy was just on The Spin playoff preview show, I believe they will repeat the show at 11pm eastern.

Basically:

1) Komisarek WILL play (or Mikey as he called him) in Game .

2) Koivu might play, he needs to test his foot in a skate and see how it feels.

3) Biggest difference from this year to last year is Kovalev and the play of the kids. He specifically mentioned Plekanec, Carey and the Kostitsyn brothers.

4) He is amazed at how unfazed and calm Carey is and it gives the team a lot of confidence.

How can he refer to him as a Kid... Pleks is older than him by 8 months... what does that make him? where was his contribution i wonder. I hope he steps up in the playoffs because other "Kids" will start to wonder why Higgs got the A and not another "Kid"

Other than that I love Higgins and personally hope he goes on a tear in this postseason...finally pot 35 next year :yo:

CareyPrice x 31 04-08-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape Clutch (Post 13536613)
How can he refer to him as a Kid... Pleks is older than him by 8 months... what does that make him? where was his contribution i wonder. I hope he steps up in the playoffs because other "Kids" will start to wonder why Higgs got the A and not another "Kid"

Other than that I love Higgins and personally hope he goes on a tear in this postseason...finally pot 35 next year :yo:

his contribution to what?

HomaridII 04-08-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13536558)
thanks for the heads up

I forgot to say that he wouldn't mind playing for one of the NY teams because he misses his family a lot, but that there is no better place to play than Montreal.

AD 04-08-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

He has 25+ goals and 50+ points playing sound defensive hockey with a lot of energy.

I don't know what your expectations are.. but if he does that for another 10+ years, I'll be satisfied.

CareyPrice x 31 04-08-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD (Post 13536705)
He has 25+ goals and 50+ points playing sound defensive hockey with a lot of energy.

I don't know what your expectations are.. but if he does that for another 10+ years, I'll be satisfied.

not to mention the 25+ goals and 50+ points are both career highs

SpreeEndaz 04-08-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 13536703)
I forgot to say that he wouldn't mind playing for one of the NY teams because he misses his family a lot, but that there is no better place to play than Montreal.

Higgins :shakehead

Habsfan18 04-08-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 13536703)

in tomorrow's papers:

"Higgins demands trade to one of the New York teams"

And yes, I'm fully aware that no trades can be made until after the playoffs.

Habskrieg 04-08-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 13536811)
Higgins :nod:

fixed :)

HomaridII 04-08-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13536558)
thanks for the heads up

I turned on the CBC preview show after reading this since the score guys were finished with the Habs and ... Bowman .. the man knows hockey. He makes all other analysts I've listened to on TSN, RDS, Sportsnet and The Score sound like idiots.

Little Nilan 04-08-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

:help:

anarmandaleb 04-08-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 13536877)
I turned on the CBC preview show after reading this since the score guys were finished with the Habs and ... Bowman .. the man knows hockey. He makes all other analysts I've listened to on TSN, RDS, Sportsnet and The Score sound like idiots.

Okay, is it just me or did they say Stewart was sticking around for good?

#44_delivers 04-08-2008 06:45 PM

Is the cbc going to show there's again tonight?

bjac 04-08-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Maybe he considers himself a kid, but didn't want to mention his own name because he really hasn't improved very much over last year, while Pleks and the Kosty brothers have. It would also make him look very arrogant naming himself as one of the biggest reasons for the Habs success this year. That was not a knock on Higgins, I still think he's a great player.

CareyPrice x 31 04-08-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers (Post 13536979)
Is the cbc going to show there's again tonight?

yes, CBC Calgary at 9PM EASTERN TIME

Sthabs 04-08-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarmandaleb (Post 13536975)
Okay, is it just me or did they say Stewart was sticking around for good?

I dont know about that Bob said he ll send him back to Hamilton and call him back when the Dogs season is over

#44_delivers 04-08-2008 07:02 PM

Awesome, thanks jaydee

AD 04-08-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sthabs (Post 13537203)
I dont know about that Bob said he ll send him back to Hamilton and call him back when the Dogs season is over

Stewart got the announcement today that he was not going back to Hamilton.

He joked that he was expecting a call (demotion) on Sunday, and then on monday his phone died, and so he guesses its a good thing they didn't reach him.

Funny kid.

anarmandaleb 04-08-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD (Post 13537324)

He joked that he was expecting a call (demotion) on Sunday, and then on monday his phone died, and so he guesses its a good thing they didn't reach him.

Funny kid.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ape Clutch 04-08-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjac (Post 13536989)
Maybe he considers himself a kid, but didn't want to mention his own name because he really hasn't improved very much over last year, while Pleks and the Kosty brothers have. It would also make him look very arrogant naming himself as one of the biggest reasons for the Habs success this year. That was not a knock on Higgins, I still think he's a great player.

Good point, I didn't think of it from that angle

Sthabs 04-08-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD (Post 13537324)

Funny kid.

Awesome, I didnt know that

DO you think he might get a few shifts vs Boston?

Beakermania* 04-08-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sthabs (Post 13537461)
Awesome, I didnt know that

DO you think he might get a few shifts vs Boston?

Doubt it.....unless we really hit the injury bug hard.

He impressed the hell out of me on Saturday, but does anyone think he can continue to bring that much on an every game basis.

Kimota 04-08-2008 08:41 PM

Higgins was on The Score

But that's impossible because he can't! (that would have been funnier a month ago).

mikeg 04-08-2008 09:20 PM

On a side note I saw Higgins outside of my building this afternoon (around 3PM). He was on his cell, and it looked like he was having a good conversation (big smile and such). He then got into a black Escalade with Alberta plates... I didn't see who was driving though.
He was on the phone for a good 15 minutes, going up and down the sidewalk, and not a single person bothered him!

He didn't look very big in real life, which I found kinda funny.