HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   **All Sean Burke Proposals** (any other thread after this will be closed) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50321)

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 12:30 PM

Burke Proposals
 
I figured I'd make some proposals for all of the teams involved. I know I'll get flamed in all of them, but I'm trying to incorporate everything I have heard, not just my own speculation

To Philly: Sean Burke, Dan Cleary
To Phoenix: Radovan Somik, Denis Seidenberg, 1st rounder in 2005

To NYR: Sean Burke, Brad Ference
To Phoenix: Jamie Lundmark, Garth Murray, 2nd rounder in 2004

To Colorado: Sean Burke, Mike Sillinger
To Phoenix: Keith Ballard, 2nd rounder in 2005

I'm not sure how I feel about any of these, I'm merely trying to collect all of the speculation and rumors I've heard over the last few days/weeks and transmogrify them into a few proposals.

Flyersguru 02-07-2004 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=PhoPhan]I figured I'd make some proposals for all of the teams involved. I know I'll get flamed in all of them, but I'm trying to incorporate everything I have heard, not just my own speculation

To Philly: Sean Burke, Dan Cleary
To Phoenix: Radovan Somik, Denis Seidenberg, 1st rounder in 2005
------------------------------------------------

You do know that Seidenberg is basically out for the year. How about Burke for Somik and 3rd rounder

Because the latest rumor is Burke + for Comire.

Biggest Canuck Fan 02-07-2004 12:47 PM

Last night on Sportsnet, Nick Kypreos said the deal for Burke to go to Philly was 90% done... the 10% part was the Rangers.

He said the deal will go down on Monday after the all star game. He did not mention any specifics as to what was going the other way.

GKJ 02-07-2004 12:50 PM

The Flyers trading their first round pick in 2005 isn't happening

musdy 02-07-2004 12:53 PM

To Colorado: Sean Burke, Mike Sillinger
To Phoenix: Keith Ballard, 2nd rounder in 2005

i would do this in a second

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersguru

You do know that Seidenberg is basically out for the year. How about Burke for Somik and 3rd rounder

Because the latest rumor is Burke + for Comire.

Whatever deal the Coyotes make for Burke will likely not be thinking about this year. Seidenberg being hurt will have little impact on the Coyotes trading for him. Anyway, the Flyers have other options the Coyotes might pursue.
And by the way, the latest rumor is Burke for Comrie and Vandermeer/Seidenberg, although I wouldn't take any stock in it at all. I doubt Comrie gets traded.

JCD 02-07-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
To Philly: Sean Burke, Dan Cleary
To Phoenix: Radovan Somik, Denis Seidenberg, 1st rounder in 2005

Ouch!!!

Flyers have no need for Cleary and Burke isn't worth anything close to a 1st.

GoneFullHextall 02-07-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCD
Ouch!!!

Flyers have no need for Cleary and Burke isn't worth anything close to a 1st.

i have said this allready. all these propsals for a goalie in my view is past his prime, has been here allready allready and didnt get it done. Unless other players get involved on both sides. offer a 3rd or 4th rounder and that is it.

swflyers8* 02-07-2004 01:02 PM

From thescore.ca-

The Sean Burke to Philadelphia rumors continue to heat up, as the NHL heads into its annual all-star break. Burke, who played with the Flyers during the 1997-98 playoffs after a late-season trade, is expected to be dealt by the Phoenix Coyotes shortly after the break ends next week. Burke knows several members of the Flyers, including former 'Yotes Jeremy Roenick, Tony Amonte, Danny Markov and Robert Esche--who may still be considered the No. 1 goalie even if Burke returns to the 'City of Brotherly Love'. Phoenix may get a draft pick in return for Burke.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
From thescore.ca-

The Sean Burke to Philadelphia rumors continue to heat up, as the NHL heads into its annual all-star break. Burke, who played with the Flyers during the 1997-98 playoffs after a late-season trade, is expected to be dealt by the Phoenix Coyotes shortly after the break ends next week. Burke knows several members of the Flyers, including former 'Yotes Jeremy Roenick, Tony Amonte, Danny Markov and Robert Esche--who may still be considered the No. 1 goalie even if Burke returns to the 'City of Brotherly Love'. Phoenix may get a draft pick in return for Burke.

Take it for what it's worth. I have seen rumors/speculation of picks, Lundmark, Comrie, and various other people involved. I think it'll be best to wait and see.

Flyersguru 02-07-2004 01:17 PM

If Clarke trades Comire for Burke, then I will protest at the Wach. Center myself!

YotesFan 02-07-2004 01:28 PM

Burke / Philly Proposal
 
To Phil:

Burke,
Ference,
Sillinger,
2nd Rd Pick

To Phx:
Simon Gagne
3rd Round Pick/ Or Medium Prospect

SouthFlyer82 02-07-2004 01:34 PM

Comrie name was not really a rumor, it was Rob Parent just throwing names out there.

SouthFlyer82 02-07-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotesFan
To Phil:

Burke,
Ference,
Sillinger,
2nd Rd Pick

To Phx:
Simon Gagne
3rd Round Pick/ Or Medium Prospect

:lol:

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
:lol:

Don't know what you are laughing at. That seems pretty generous from Phoenix, and I'd decline it too.

Ice Cream Man 02-07-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotesFan
To Phil:

Burke,
Ference,
Sillinger,
2nd Rd Pick

To Phx:
Simon Gagne
3rd Round Pick/ Or Medium Prospect

On a similar note, how about Jeff Hackett, Dennis Seidenberg, Claude Lapointe and a 2nd for Shane Doan and a 3rd pic or medium prospect?

Doesn't seem as attractive when the you receive the other end of the proposal now, does it?

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
On a similar note, how about Jeff Hackett, Dennis Seidenberg, Claude Lapointe and a 2nd for Shane Doan and a 3rd pic or medium prospect?

Doesn't seem as attractive when the you receive the other end of the proposal now, does it?

It's a totally different situation. First of all, the Coyotes are in sort of a rebuilding phase whereas the Flyers need to win now. Secondly, comparing Hackett to Burke is like comparing Christopher Reeve to James Brown in a dance contest.

Mack 02-07-2004 01:58 PM

jesus christ...

AvsGuy 02-07-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
It's a totally different situation. First of all, the Coyotes are in sort of a rebuilding phase whereas the Flyers need to win now. Secondly, comparing Hackett to Burke is like comparing Christopher Reeve to James Brown in a dance contest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, but lets see James Brown do that crazy left hand little finger move that Reeve has mastered...

SouthFlyer82 02-07-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
It's a totally different situation. First of all, the Coyotes are in sort of a rebuilding phase whereas the Flyers need to win now. Secondly, comparing Hackett to Burke is like comparing Christopher Reeve to James Brown in a dance contest.


This would not help the Flyers at all. Where is Sillinger who makes a ton of money going to play? Roenick, Handzus, Primeau, Comrie and Lapointe coming back this week. Ference is going to play where? Within two weeks we are already going to have three to many defensemen. This would be a total waste for the Flyers.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
This would not help the Flyers at all. Where is Sillinger who makes a ton of money going to play? Roenick, Handzus, Primeau, Comrie and Lapointe coming back this week. Ference is going to play where? Within two weeks we are already going to have three to many defensemen. This would be a total waste for the Flyers.

A ton of money? Sillinger is getting food stamps compared to what most of the Flyers are getting.

PhoPhan 02-07-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
jesus christ...

Right, Burke is the one who is getting old. He's only 37 whereas your boy JC is about 2000 or so.

ParisSaintGermain 02-07-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
On a similar note, how about Jeff Hackett, Dennis Seidenberg, Claude Lapointe and a 2nd for Shane Doan and a 3rd pic or medium prospect?

Doesn't seem as attractive when the you receive the other end of the proposal now, does it?

That is assuming that Gagne=Doan wich is laughable right now. Gagne isn't a franchise captain and will watch the All star on TV.

SouthFlyer82 02-07-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
A ton of money? Sillinger is getting food stamps compared to what most of the Flyers are getting.


Hes not going to play, thats the point.

Ice Cream Man 02-07-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
It's a totally different situation. First of all, the Coyotes are in sort of a rebuilding phase whereas the Flyers need to win now. Secondly, comparing Hackett to Burke is like comparing Christopher Reeve to James Brown in a dance contest.

Totally different situation? No kidding, Sherlock. I was talking in terms of a similar pacakge deal going the other way. My proposal wasn't serious at all, and you completely missed the point.

Not quite sure how the Flyers need that package to "win now". Burke is marginally better than Esche (if at all), and his game has regressed.

Ference wouldn't be any more than a #6 in Philly.

Gagne to Sillinger is a HUGE downgrade on offense.

Why not keep it simple? Burke for a pick. I see no reason for Philly to trade Gagne when they could probably get something alot more attractive elsewhere.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.