HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sabres/Panthers Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50357)

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:15 PM

Sabres/Panthers Proposal

I live in Buffalo and Im a Panthers fan so how about this?

Buffalo gets:
Huselius

Florida gets:
Kalinin & Mckee

TehDoak 02-07-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
I live in Buffalo and Im a Panthers fan so how about this?

Buffalo gets:
Huselius

Florida gets:
Kalinin & Mckee

Hmmm, take Kalinin and McKee out of there and put in a 3rd round pick...

The Fuhr 02-07-2004 02:19 PM

Buffalo is overpaying way to much. Huselius is maybe worth kalinen but not worth Mckee

zetterberg40 02-07-2004 02:20 PM

overpaying on buffalo's part. Huselius isnt worth much more then a 3rd

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak
Hmmm, take Kalinin and McKee out of there and put in a 3rd round pick...

This maybe a little two much but how about a 3rd and Hueslius for Kalinin and Mckee and Curtis Brown

V for Voodoo 02-07-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
overpaying on buffalo's part. Huselius isnt worth much more then a 3rd

He is easily worth more than a 3rd, and if he isn't, Florida will surely hang onto him.
Huselius is maybe an enigma but he still has top-end potential, that stuff ain't free.

As for the proposal though, Buffalo overpays quite a bit.

Lord Stanley 02-07-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

This maybe a little two much but how about a 3rd and Hueslius for Kalinin and Mckee and Curtis Brown

Still far to much for Buffalo to give up McKee and Kalinin are top notch dman still young. Huselius is not worth much in my view a very soft player that will never be a star in the NHL.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:27 PM

Do you guys see any way that Kalinin and Mckee can come to Florida? I think the Panthers could be a team to mess with if they only had some defense. Luongo can carry this team,so far its been proven but they need some defense.

AvsGuy 02-07-2004 02:30 PM

are you all stoned? i realize Kalinin and McKee for Huselius is overpaying, but the day Huselius goes for a 3rd round pick, i'll eat my own underwear. you'd better add some imaginary lube in that proposal, because the Cats get worked over the table if they give Kristian for a 3rd.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
are you all stoned? i realize Kalinin and McKee for Huselius is overpaying, but the day Huselius goes for a 3rd round pick, i'll eat my own underwear. you'd better add some imaginary lube in that proposal, because the Cats get worked over the table if they give Kristian for a 3rd.

lol hes definitly at the most a 2nd he has alot of potential yet i think everyone lacks to see it

Ruckus007 02-07-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Huselius and a 3rd won't get you Kalinin, he's a cornerstone player for Buffalo. You want that kind of package you'd better start with the guy your user name is named after.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Huselius and a 3rd won't get you Kalinin, he's a cornerstone player for Buffalo. You want that kind of package you'd better start with the guy your user name is named after.

:lol: pleaz Bouwmeester for Kalinin?

Darth Milbury 02-07-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Do you guys see any way that Kalinin and Mckee can come to Florida? I think the Panthers could be a team to mess with if they only had some defense. Luongo can carry this team,so far its been proven but they need some defense.

It is possible that the Sabres would trade ONE of the two dmen (although not likely), but it is sure as heck going to take a lot more than Huselius to get it done.

Do you really think Buffalo would trade two of their top five defenders for a player with so many questions marks attached?

I think a fairer deal would be something like Tallinder and a pick.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
It is possible that the Sabres would trade ONE of the two dmen (although not likely), but it is sure as heck going to take a lot more than Huselius to get it done.

Do you really think Buffalo would trade two of their top five defenders for a player with so many questions marks attached?

I think a fairer deal would be something like Tallinder and a pick.

Panthers get
D Tallinder
D Kalinin

Sabres get
R Huselius
3rd Rd pick in 04

zetterberg40 02-07-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
He is easily worth more than a 3rd, and if he isn't, Florida will surely hang onto him.
Huselius is maybe an enigma but he still has top-end potential, that stuff ain't free.

As for the proposal though, Buffalo overpays quite a bit.

By most accounts, i doubt it. At best he's worth a HIGH second rounder. Ive seen him play, he doesnt play much defense, is just like a czerkawski in the making. Good offense player, smart, but isnt good defensively. He might have top-end potential but until he gets a few things squared away he's going to be the "still has top end potential" instead of the "he is top end potential"

Ruckus007 02-07-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

:lol: pleaz Bouwmeester for Kalinin?

"that package" would be referring to Kalinin, Brown and McKee. I didn't make that clearly, my fault. The point is Kalinin's value to Buffalo is a lot higher than what you're trying to make it out to be and if you think you're getting him you're going to have to pay out the nose.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
"that package" would be referring to Kalinin, Brown and McKee. I didn't make that clearly, my fault. The point is Kalinin's value to Buffalo is a lot higher than what you're trying to make it out to be and if you think you're getting him you're going to have to pay out the nose.

wat would u propose then? (for kalinin and mckee and possibly tallinder)

Ruckus007 02-07-2004 03:16 PM

Quote:

wat would u propose then? (for kalinin and mckee and possibly tallinder)

Unless you feel like parting with Bouwmeester or Horton don't expect Kalinin to be in any proposal from me, he's more valuable to the Sabres than what a return on him would be. I'd be willing to move McKee and/or Tallinder (much more willing in McKee's case) but I must confess I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to the Panthers' organization. Something with Taticek, Van Ryn or Novak as the principles work? I'm sure more would have to be added to even out but it's a starting point.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 03:26 PM

It seems that Kalinin is untouchable then how about-

A.
Panthers get
Tallinder
Mckee
3rd RD pick

Sabres get
Novak
Huselius

AvsGuy 02-07-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

A.
Panthers get
Tallinder
Mckee
3rd RD pick

Sabres get
Novak
Huselius

you might want to hold on to Novak.

Ruckus007 02-07-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

A.
Panthers get
Tallinder
Mckee
3rd RD pick

Sabres get
Novak
Huselius

Huselius really is the last thing the Sabres need right now. He's basically the same player as Afinogenov and Connolly (if he ever comes back) and not really that much different from guys like Pyatt or Kotalik or even Milan Bartovic. My interest in him is minimal at best.

musdy 02-07-2004 04:11 PM

bad deal toronto should get him for jackman and a 3rd rounder

JOHNBOY 02-07-2004 04:17 PM

The Sabres don't want Huselius.... He is a soft player, that isthe last thing Buffalo needs right now.

As for Florida needing a D-man,how about Zhitnik. He a UFA at seasons end.

Lets start off with:
to Fla. alexie zhitnik(D) and brian cambell(D)
to Buf. lyle odelein(D) and darcy hordichuk(LW)

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
The Sabres don't want Huselius.... He is a soft player, that isthe last thing Buffalo needs right now.

As for Florida needing a D-man,how about Zhitnik. He a UFA at seasons end.

Lets start off with:
to Fla. alexie zhitnik(D) and brian cambell(D)
to Buf. lyle odelein(D) and darcy hordichuk(LW)

nice start buy the FA after the season kills

Ruckus007 02-07-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

nice start buy the FA after the season kills

Well so's Odelein right? That deal basically boils down to Campbell for Hordichuk with Florida getting an upgrade at defense (Zhitnik for Odelein) for the rest of the season. I wouldn't touch that if I were Buffalo.