HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marcel Hossa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50373)

Brownies 02-07-2004 02:54 PM

Marcel Hossa
 
I have a bad feeling that he'll be traded soon. Am I the only one ??? I still think he is an NHL player, but Gainey doesn't seems to like him and he might trade him while he has some value :dunno:... Montreal need to add some weight for the playoffs, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Gainey trade guys like Hainsey, Hossa or Sundstrom, for a big 3rd line center.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 02:57 PM

Panthers need a young backup how about?

Panthers get:
Gerber
Hossa

Canadians get:
Cullen
3rd

Patty Roy 02-07-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Panthers need a young backup how about?

Panthers get:
Gerber
Hossa

Canadians get:
Cullen
3rd

Gerber doesn't belong to the Habs.

At any rate, i would pass on Cullen. I don't think he's what the Habs are looking for...

V for Voodoo 02-07-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Panthers need a young backup how about?

Panthers get:
Gerber
Hossa

Canadians get:
Cullen
3rd

I'll assume you mean Garon, not Gerber. Either way, Cullen and a 3rd wouldn't get you either player. He said the Habs are looking to add 'weight', not lackadaisical softies.

Team_Spirit 02-07-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I'll assume you mean Garon, not Gerber. Either way, Cullen and a 3rd wouldn't get you either player. He said the Habs are looking to add 'weight', not lackadaisical softies.

that avatar rocks , funny one !!!

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 03:03 PM

Yes sry about the Gerber I did mean Garon...but wouldnt adding Cullen add weight to the team. He's a 3rd line type of player and could possibly be a 2nd liner for the Habs but that could be pushing it

Patty Roy 02-07-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I'll assume you mean Garon, not Gerber. Either way, Cullen and a 3rd wouldn't get you either player. He said the Habs are looking to add 'weight', not lackadaisical softies.

Ugh...he meant Garon? Didn't even think about that...

At any rate that's a terrible proposal for the Habs. Like you said Voodoo Daddy, the Habs wouldn't trade either Marcel Hossa or Mathieu Garon for Matt Cullen.

Psycho Papa Joe 02-07-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Panthers need a young backup how about?

Panthers get:
Gerber
Hossa

Canadians get:
Cullen
3rd

There are two guys I'm interested in from the Cats. Kozlov or Jokinen.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
There are two guys I'm interested in from the Cats. Kozlov or Jokinen.

both are dreams :joker:

Patty Roy 02-07-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
both are dreams :joker:

Your dreaming if you think your proposal was any better. :joker:

Psycho Papa Joe 02-07-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Your dreaming if you think your proposal was any better. :joker:


BTW I wasn't proposing Garon/Hossa for Jokinen or Kozlov. I was only saying that those would be the two players off the Cats roster I would be interested in. They are both big, can play center and are right handed. Sounds like the type of player Gainey is looking for. It would obviously cost more than Garon/Hossa to get one though.

Patty Roy 02-07-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
BTW I wasn't proposing Garon/Hossa for Jokinen or Kozlov. I was only saying that those would be the two players off the Cats roster I would be interested in. They are both big, can play center and are right handed. Sounds like the type of player Gainey is looking for. It would obviously cost more than Garon/Hossa to get one though.

That's how i understood things too...just trying to get the point across to Bouwmeester that he's in no position to tack on that little joker considering the proposal he made earlier in this thread.

Munchausen 02-07-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Yes sry about the Gerber I did mean Garon...but wouldnt adding Cullen add weight to the team. He's a 3rd line type of player and could possibly be a 2nd liner for the Habs but that could be pushing it

Weight means nothing if the guy plays like a marshmallow. And yes, second line would be pushing it for Cullen. Who would he bump off? Koivu or Ribeiro?

As others have stated, you will not get either Hossa or Garon for him.

Dropkick Alex 02-07-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Your dreaming if you think your proposal was any better. :joker:

Didn't say it was did?...No thats what i thought :)

Patty Roy 02-07-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Didn't say it was did?...

:dunno:

DJ Spinoza 02-07-2004 10:42 PM

How about Eastwood and something for Hossa, maybe a later round pick?

Eastwood's obviously a faceoff guy, and a go to one at that. Montreal already is pretty good at faceoffs, Eastwood makes them better. He's not exactly big, but he can fill that third line center role for Montreal if their interested.

Jeffrey 02-08-2004 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
How about Eastwood and something for Hossa, maybe a later round pick?

Eastwood's obviously a faceoff guy, and a go to one at that. Montreal already is pretty good at faceoffs, Eastwood makes them better. He's not exactly big, but he can fill that third line center role for Montreal if their interested.

we are very fine with our 3rd line and in term of faceoff ...
if we trade hossa it would be for a rent player to play on our top line ex: Bondra,Lang,Zhamnov,Peca(just throwing his name ;)),etc...

Fantasywonder 02-08-2004 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
we are very fine with our 3rd line and in term of faceoff ...
if we trade hossa it would be for a rent player to play on our top line ex: Bondra,Lang,Zhamnov,Peca(just throwing his name ;)),etc...

Unless his first name was Marian, Hossa wouldn't get any of those players. The only reason people think he still has some value is because of HF's facination with youth and because of the fact he has a brother that's currently an All-Star. Sure he has some skill and a decent upside, but if it weren't for his brother, he'd be playing in Europe or in the A and would be labeled as a bust even more.

That said, both my Isles and Stars could take a low chance at him. Low risk deal which could pay off well. I say a limited tough defenseman could get him, a #4/#5/#6. I'd offer Eric Cairns from Long Island and John Erskine from Big D. Pick your flavour.

Patty Roy 02-08-2004 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
How about Eastwood and something for Hossa, maybe a later round pick?

Eastwood's obviously a faceoff guy, and a go to one at that. Montreal already is pretty good at faceoffs, Eastwood makes them better. He's not exactly big, but he can fill that third line center role for Montreal if their interested.

Unlesss that something is Orpik or Morozov, then no way.

I don't see anything of interest in Pittsburgh outside of a few young guys that i'm sure they want to keep.

DJ Spinoza 02-08-2004 02:17 PM

Eastwood and Morozov would probably work.

See, Montreal probably doesn't need Eastwood, I shouldn't have brought him up. But he does have some value to some playoff team, just probably not the Habs.

Orpik isn't going anywhere, I can pretty much guarantee that.

Morozov might, although I wouldn't be too happy with that. Morozov doesn't seem like the kind of a guy a team might want to rent for the playoffs, but you never know.

We'll see. I wouldn't really mind adding Hossa to the Pens system, but at the same time I wouldn't mind the other way as well.

Psycho Papa Joe 02-08-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
Eastwood and Morozov would probably work.

Are you suggesting Eastwood and Morozov for Hossa? If so, done deal.

Patty Roy 02-08-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
Morozov might, although I wouldn't be too happy with that. Morozov doesn't seem like the kind of a guy a team might want to rent for the playoffs, but you never know.

Morozov wouldn't be a rental. He's a young developing player that would probably fit in on the Habs 2nd line with Ribeiro and Zednik.

The Habs probably would have zero interest in Eastwood, but i wouldn't mind his faceoff ability, especially if/when we move Perreault.

DJ Spinoza 02-08-2004 03:35 PM

I remember Eastwood as a Blue, and he was a pretty good player.

The Pens don't really need to dump salary, but I'm sure they would and could, especially getting a semi decent prospect like Hossa in return.

Does Hossa play LW exclusively? The Pens are pretty strong on the left side in regards to young players. With the season Balej is having, I doubt he goes anywhere.

One more thing, is there any type of semi decent stopgap defenseman you guys have, either in Hamilton or Montreal? That's cheap? The Penguins probably would be interested in getting that, too. :cry:

What about something like this?: Morozov and Eastwood for Balej/Hossa/Plekanec and a stopgap defenseman. :dunno:

Patty Roy 02-08-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
What about something like this?: Morozov and Eastwood for Balej/Hossa/Plekanec and a stopgap defenseman. :dunno:

Morozov and Eastwood
for
Hossa and Karl Dykhuis/Patrick Traverse

I'd make that trade...in fact you can have both Dykhuis and Traverse if you like! ;)

I'm assuming Eastwood's contract is up after this season? He could fit in on a 4th line once Perreault is moved...

Marc the Habs Fan 02-08-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
Does Hossa play LW exclusively? The Pens are pretty strong on the left side in regards to young players. With the season Balej is having, I doubt he goes anywhere.

Yes. But before becoming a pro he played center so maybe the Pens could put him back there.

Quote:

One more thing, is there any type of semi decent stopgap defenseman you guys have, either in Hamilton or Montreal? That's cheap? The Penguins probably would be interested in getting that, too. :cry:
Francois Beauchemin? very good d-man in the A, around 6 feet tall, 23 years old, deserves a NHL chance IMO. Definitely better than Bergervin or Focht.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.