HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Kloucek trade prematurely revisited (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50402)

SmokeyClause 02-07-2004 05:00 PM

The Kloucek trade prematurely revisited
 
Both Nashville players have been pleasant suprises.

Before joining the Admirals...

Safronov 21 GP, 1 g, 4 a, -4
Gamache 16 GP, 5 g, 6 a, +5

After joining the Admirals

Safronov 28 GP, 2 g, 9 a, +12
Gamache 19 GP, 5 G, 11 A, +0

Atlanta has had mixed results

Before joining the Thrashers

Kloucek 5 gp, 0 g, 1a, +3
Simon 0 gp

After joining the Thrashers

Kloucek 19 gp, 0 g, 0a, -7
Simon 29 gp, 2 g, 0 a, -7

volzok 02-07-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SmokeyClause
Before joining the Admirals...

Safronov 21 GP, 1 g, 4 a, -4
Gamache 16 GP, 5 g, 6 a, +5

After joining the Admirals

Safronov 28 GP, 2 g, 9 a, +12
Gamache 19 GP, 5 G, 11 A, +0
Interesting numbers. I went and saw Milwaukee play Cincy in mid-January. Gamache played very well in that game. He had a few scoring chances. But what about the +12 next to Safronov. We have had the discussion if +/- means a whole lot. But I think that one next to Safronov shows how well he is playing down there.

lstcyr 02-09-2004 07:24 AM

But isn't the critical question whether Gamache and Safronov have the potential to eventually make the Preds?

SmokeyClause 02-09-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr
But isn't the critical question whether Gamache and Safronov have the potential to eventually make the Preds?

Duh :D

This wasn't meant to be an insightful post saying who won this or who won that. It was merely a statiscal display of pre-trade/post trade stats.

We won't know who won this until we can figure out what happens to Gamache, Safronov, and Kloucek.

tulsytrid1 02-09-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volzok
Interesting numbers. I went and saw Milwaukee play Cincy in mid-January. Gamache played very well in that game. He had a few scoring chances. But what about the +12 next to Safronov. We have had the discussion if +/- means a whole lot. But I think that one next to Safronov shows how well he is playing down there.

+12 is pretty impressive; however, it is a little misleading because of all the goals that the Ads put up. Every guy on the team is in the plus column except Farrell.
http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0304/milwaukee.html That being said, I think that Safronov may have needed a change in scenery as he is only 6pts away from his career high as a pro.

crossxcheck 02-09-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Duh :D

This wasn't meant to be an insightful post saying who won this or who won that. It was merely a statiscal display of pre-trade/post trade stats.

We won't know who won this until we can figure out what happens to Gamache, Safronov, and Kloucek.

I don't know about safronov, but IMO gamache sure proved he can play NHL hockey.

triggrman 02-09-2004 01:48 PM

Looking back on the deal that sent Dunham to the Rags for Murray, Kloucek and Zidlicky.

Murray is sick, Kloucek is a girl and Dunham is sieve, so Zidlicky the "throw in" has been the only player of worth right now in the trade.

SmokeyClause 02-09-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Looking back on the deal that sent Dunham to the Rags for Murray, Kloucek and Zidlicky.

Murray is sick, Kloucek is a girl and Dunham is sieve, so Zidlicky the "throw in" has been the only player of worth right now in the trade.


Zidlicky was the wildcard. And he's been coming up great for us. He's everything we expected and more. And as his experience increases, his defensive awareness should as well.

crossxcheck 02-09-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Looking back on the deal that sent Dunham to the Rags for Murray, Kloucek and Zidlicky.

Murray is sick, Kloucek is a girl and Dunham is sieve, so Zidlicky the "throw in" has been the only player of worth right now in the trade.


while murray is currently injured, IMO he did make some worthwhile contributions to the team while he was healthy

triggrman 02-09-2004 03:12 PM

Before he was "sick" Murray was having one of his better seasons.

Enoch 02-09-2004 03:39 PM

Lets not underestimate Murray's value here, he is an excellent 3rd line center on any team, and he was playing wonderful for us until he got "sick". :(. Valuewise, I still think the preds win the deal, even though Kloucek didn't work out.

Gamache
Safronov
Murray
Zidlicky

for

Dunham
Simon

Not a bad trade really, especially considering Vokoun has performed far better than Dunham did for us.

hipcheck85 02-09-2004 03:46 PM

I would like to see Gamache get another shot here. He impressed me with his speed and grit.

barrytrotzsneck 02-09-2004 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipcheck85
I would like to see Gamache get another shot here. He impressed me with his speed and grit.


*coughlethimcenterthevowellinecough*

crossxcheck 02-09-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
*coughlethimcenterthevowellinecough*

sure wouldn't hurt to try.

tulsytrid1 02-09-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Lets not underestimate Murray's value here, he is an excellent 3rd line center on any team, and he was playing wonderful for us until he got "sick". :(. Valuewise, I still think the preds win the deal, even though Kloucek didn't work out.

Gamache
Safronov
Murray
Zidlicky

for

Dunham
Simon

Not a bad trade really, especially considering Vokoun has performed far better than Dunham did for us.

TOP Trades in Preds history.
#1 Dunham for Murray, Z-man, and Klooch.
#2 Kimmo Timonen and Jan Vopat from LA for Future considerations.
#3 Cliff Ronning and Richard Litner from the desert dogs for FC..(JJ Dainault).
#4 Drake Berehowsky to Vancouver for Atlanta's 2nd rd pick (Shishkanov)
#5 Mark Eaton to Philly for Detroit's 3rd rd pick (Patrick Sharp)

Enoch 02-09-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
#4 Drake Berehowsky to Vancouver for Atlanta's 2nd rd pick (Shishkanov)

:yo: :yo: :yo:

triggrman 02-10-2004 05:23 AM

I think the Kimmo trade was clearly our best, although I also believe Kimmo is our best player.

Basher 02-10-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
*coughlethimcenterthevowellinecough*

don't try to sneak that crap past me...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.