HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Rbk 9k "O" vs Nike One90 vs Vapor XXX sticks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=504029)

the_speedster 04-10-2008 10:20 PM

Rbk 9k "O" vs Nike One90 vs Vapor XXX sticks

I normally play with wood sticks (bauers for the most) yet, I've played with two composite sticks (A vector that a friend gifted me and a tps that another player didn't like) and loved the weight, balance and wrist shot it gave me (I'm not much of a slap shooter anymore)

Anyway, I got a little extra bonus money and decided to spend it on hockey stuff, including my very first, self purchased composite (what a cheap skate huh?)

Anyway, I'm torn btw a couple of sticks I've taken for trial runs and one that I've only heard of and they are respectively;

the vapor XXX (insane stickhandling, felt like I could play an entire game one handed if I chose)

the rbk "O" stick (A friend let me try it out during a game (while he looked like a kid at the dentist the whole time) and I love the shot I could unleash with this (the Senior model felt a bit off though probably cause Im more used to intermediate sticks)

The Nike One90 While talking with friends this sticks name kept coming up like some "legend of yore" and I've looked online and seen some good stuff about it but its apparently pretty new so not too much is known)

If I can buy only one which do you guys recommend?

I love the Vapor's feel but I've heard they break easily (is that true?)

The "O" stick has a great shot and its more of a "oh what the hell lets go crazy" purchase, but I haven't been able to find an intermediate stick on hockeymonkey or giant (do they make Intermediates for this?)

The Nike One90 (Im going to a store in town to try out their overpriced model but I have the same question as the vapor.. if I like it what's the durability like?)

Diamond Joe 04-11-2008 12:48 AM

I hear the One90 is pretty wicked awesome...I have an S17, and I am thinking that might be the next stick I get. It's supposed to be a shooter's stick, as opposed to the XXXX which is for feel (I know you mentioned the XXX)

the_speedster 04-11-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond Joe (Post 13583020)
I hear the One90 is pretty wicked awesome...I have an S17, and I am thinking that might be the next stick I get. It's supposed to be a shooter's stick, as opposed to the XXXX which is for feel (I know you mentioned the XXX)

I know the XXX really got me high off the feel... I just heard that it and the XXXX are pretty brittle. Did you hear if the One90 is a shooter or stickhandlers stick?

Diamond Joe 04-11-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 13583070)
I know the XXX really got me high off the feel... I just heard that it and the XXXX are pretty brittle. Did you hear if the One90 is a shooter or stickhandlers stick?

Shooter's stick, the kick is at the midpoint as opposed to the XXXX which is much further down that shaft...apparently that's good for shooting. The XXXX like I said is better for feel. OT-but I once had a XX when they first came out, that would be essentially the XXX or XXXX now...but I have never had a 1-piece that felt better than that one. Even my S17 doesn't feel that good, that stick is best for shooting, I'd put it up against a One90.

MG91 04-11-2008 01:03 AM

The 9-k IMO is horrible, it weighs a ton and i dont think the holes make much of a difference. The one 90 is a good stick for slap shots and the 40 for wrist/snap. The kickpoint in the 40 is much lower than the one 90 which allows the puck to get off the stick faster. But the higher kickpoint allows for more energy transfer giving you a harder shot. So if your game is more power the on 90 is for you. If your a finesse kind of guy get the 40. But in teh end its all personal preferance.

PIMking 04-11-2008 01:54 AM

I use a 0ne-70 and love it I can buy it for $65 I didnt feel like spending the 10 extra to get the one 90 but the one 70 has a rubber grip. def a shooters stick. I have used a warrior stick and hated it eastons feel stiffer than what they say. go one 90

We'reGonnaWin* 04-11-2008 04:09 AM

The 9KO has a heavy ass blade, it totally unbalances the stick. The One90 is a good value for the price, but Mission's Fuel and TPS R8 outperform it. Personal preferences may vary.

Diamond Joe 04-11-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13583885)
The 9KO has a heavy ass blade, it totally unbalances the stick. The One90 is a good value for the price, but Mission's Fuel and TPS R8 outperform it. Personal preferences may vary.

I found the same thing, and just an overall "chunky" heavy feeling, it feels unnatural to me, but hard to describe, almost like the Os are being compensated by with added weight...more weight to compensate for better aerodynamics :confused:

The 9KO is gimmicky to me.

Almost like those "offset" blades that used to be around...they weren't that bad, but kinda odd.

WithOutPaperss 04-11-2008 06:13 AM

The 9k breaks pretty easy. A kid on my team had it for a week before it broke on a wrist shot. The Vapour xxx is very good. I've tried it and I like the way it handles. I've never tried the One90...

iceman17 04-11-2008 03:26 PM

I'm a big fan of the xxx but i have the two piece. I use it with a nike-bauer blade. Best stick ive ever used.

the_speedster 04-12-2008 07:37 AM

thanks guys... I eventually ordered One90.... then found a XXX for about 80bucks so I got that one too. ...total bill, about $250!

I'll be lettin' you guys know how they fare...

iceman17 04-15-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 13605971)
thanks guys... I eventually ordered One90.... then found a XXX for about 80bucks so I got that one too. ...total bill, about $250!

Id like to see which one you think is better

the_speedster 04-26-2008 04:34 PM

The results:-

The one90 came in and I've played with it in about three scrimmages so far. The kick is as crazy as advertised. I'm not a big slap shooter but its definately added a distinct "sting" to my shot. Took me about till the third scrimmage to adjust to the difference in balance and kick (I had alot of shanked shots before then)... Its not to bad for stickhandling (As its pretty light) so I can definately see it as a power play stick (I play the point usually)

The XXX stick is dare I say,.. ORGASMIC... I felt like I owed it dinner after our first "outing". Its weght and response are exactly what I like (plus I can get off a pretty quick wrist or snap shot.. which is more my bag than the slapper). I definately won't be slap shooting too much with it as I can tell it seems pretty fragile (not fragile in the sense that its in danger of breaking on me immediately... but when I took a few slappers it didn't seem to respond too well to the increase in pressure (not sure if that made sense)

ANyway just wanted to let you guys know what the results were.... I'm probably going to favor the XXX (till it dies) I can tell (need to look online for some more... don't think they're being produced anymore)

peace

Oh.. anyone know if the "tacki mac" and "blade shark" pads (I ordered to get to the free shipping "level", )but are yet to arrive, are any good?

SiouxPride 04-26-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13583885)

I agree, i have a warrior dolomite, mission fuel, the dolo i use lots, but i also split it with my mission, and its relal good, light weight, durable, good shot i can egt off easly, i prefer it,

SiouxPride 04-26-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 13875952)
The results:-

The one90 came in and I've played with it in about three scrimmages so far. The kick is as crazy as advertised. I'm not a big slap shooter but its definately added a distinct "sting" to my shot. Took me about till the third scrimmage to adjust to the difference in balance and kick (I had alot of shanked shots before then)... Its not to bad for stickhandling (As its pretty light) so I can definately see it as a power play stick (I play the point usually)

The XXX stick is dare I say,.. ORGASMIC... I felt like I owed it dinner after our first "outing". Its weght and response are exactly what I like (plus I can get off a pretty quick wrist or snap shot.. which is more my bag than the slapper). I definately won't be slap shooting too much with it as I can tell it seems pretty fragile (not fragile in the sense that its in danger of breaking on me immediately... but when I took a few slappers it didn't seem to respond too well to the increase in pressure (not sure if that made sense)

ANyway just wanted to let you guys know what the results were.... I'm probably going to favor the XXX (till it dies) I can tell (need to look online for some more... don't think they're being produced anymore)

peace

Oh.. anyone know if the "tacki mac" and "blade shark" pads (I ordered to get to the free shipping "level", )but are yet to arrive, are any good?

Well, i only know one person who used the tacki mac blade strip for ice hockey they like it, it dosent come off easy, and its still gripy for knabbing the puck, dosent let the puck slide very easly. i and many of the guys on my inline team use it, for inline its real good, actully tis grea, hope this helps.

Fedz 04-26-2008 05:08 PM

You gotta go with the XXXLite stick.

But the new XXXX is good too, in fact I got one for sale if anyone is interested..

MG91 04-27-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 13605971)

where did you get a xxx for 80 bucks??

thats a steal!!!:yo:

let me know ill get a couple

Jeffw-13 04-27-2008 08:30 AM

Also interested in the XXX. I own one now and after a few skates with it I'm liking it enough to get another.

iceman17 04-30-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishaal (Post 13883052)
where did you get a xxx for 80 bucks??

thats a steal!!!:yo:

let me know ill get a couple

Hockeygiant.com has one for $99..i havent seen it for $80