HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you realize we are playing without Koivu? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=504720)

NewHabsEra* 04-12-2008 04:47 PM

Do you realize we are playing without Koivu?

Do you realize Carbo can dress a better line-up than the one he dressed for the first and second game of that serie?

Imagine the impact Koivu will have on the team when he fully recover from his injury.. This little warrior is a playoffs performer and for the first time in years, he has a real shot at winning the cup... We have the luxury to rest him as much as possible with Higgins doing well centering the second line..

OByrne is another one that played pretty well in the last stretch and that will be hungry to jump on the ice when Carbo put his name on the board...

Grabovski... I dont know for you but this kid showed some real desire at the end of the season.. His quickness and skills are an asset if we need him at some point.. At the moment he is watching his compatriots making noise in the playoffs.. Do you seriously think he will play shy and intimidated when Carbo will put his name on the board?

At the moment Smolinski is doing the job but personally Im not sold on... Chipchura just get back from his injury and played last night with the Bulldogs.. Give him 2-3 other games there and call him up...

To resume, Carbo is coatching his team perfectly and the only way this team can get is better..

Go Habs Go The cup is what we are playing for!!

Koivu2001 04-12-2008 04:51 PM

its amazing how deep the canadiens are, koivu has been our best player in the playoffs I cant even imagine the teams performance when koivu gets back, 16 cylinder monster baby!

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 04:55 PM

Who needs Koivu when we have Kaptain Kovy:dunno:

Mathieu21 04-12-2008 04:56 PM

It's all about the tie!

m00ks 04-12-2008 04:56 PM

Don't jinx it now.

ToysInTheAttic 04-12-2008 04:58 PM

A well rested Koivu will be something to see when he returns to the line-up. He is going to be oozing energy.

TheDamned 04-12-2008 04:58 PM

He's not back in 1st round for sho.

Ice Poutine 04-12-2008 05:00 PM

Koivu who...? :dunno:

Beakermania* 04-12-2008 05:10 PM

Only someone who's completely ignored his contributions over the last 6 weeks would even think about benching smolinski.

The last six weeks he has played very very well, doing his job pretty much perfectly... winning draws, being pretty good in his own end, and doing little things right.

He's providing the solid veteran play that he was paid for.

I was a big critic of his in Oct, nov, dec, jan and even parts of feb, but since the deadline he's been bringing it.

This is not to say we don't bring Koivu back when he's ready, cause we certainly do... I just think its probably dandenault heading to the pressbox.

CrAzYNiNe 04-12-2008 05:16 PM

I say Koivu doesnt play in teh first round if we are going to win it in 4 or 5, in 6, I would be worried if the series was 3-2, maybe he plays and if he can play and we by some mistake go to game 7, then he certainly plays

Clumsyhab 04-12-2008 05:17 PM

According to Michel Bergeron, we have a better line-up without Koivu. He says that Saks was holding back Higgy. What a moron. I thought Higgins was the one missing tons of empty netter after Saks set up the play.

ToysInTheAttic 04-12-2008 05:20 PM

Count me in as a converted Smolinski homer. That guy has been one of the most solid players on the team for weeks now. He is a tough, gritty player who also can put the puck in the net in a timely manner.

Kirk Muller 04-12-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 13612235)
Only someone who's completely ignored his contributions over the last 6 weeks would even think about benching smolinski.

The last six weeks he has played very very well, doing his job pretty much perfectly... winning draws, being pretty good in his own end, and doing little things right.

I was a big critic of his in Oct, nov, dec, jan and even parts of feb, but since the deadline he's been bringing it.

This is not to say we don't bring Koivu back when he's ready, cause we certainly do... I just think its probably dandenault heading to the pressbox.

Isn't the OP one of guys who spent the majority of the season bashing Koivu, kinda ironic now

cap10bfl 04-12-2008 05:26 PM

i hope when koivu comes back that higgins stays as a center because besides the face-offs, he has been awesome, especially in his defensive zone

when saku comes back, i would like to see these lines...

kostitsyn plekanec kovalev
kostitsyn higgins ryder
latendresse koivu lapierre
kostopoulos smolinski begin

:yo:

Fish on The Sand 04-12-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habhob (Post 13612120)
A well rested Koivu will be something to see when he returns to the line-up. He is going to be oozing energy.

not to mention he's going to be ****ing pissed at having to miss playoff games. Also what the hell is with this new fad of putting Koivu on the 3rd line behind Higgins? Higgins will go back to the wing once Koivu is back, and even if he were kept at center, it would not be on the 2nd line.

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pam19 (Post 13612343)
The last bad investment of Gainey was Kovalev last year...

Well this year the discussion is closed.

This is the best team spirit. Everyone is needed, this is just perfect.
Some GM would exchange half of their team to get the spirit we have... Actually, some did.

We will need all our skills and players during the playoffs.
Let's talk in 20 games... Gainey is spending his money wisely. Last year was a tough year for him but he is back this year.

And to go back to the original post... Well, our depth is going to prove extraordinary usefull in the playoffs. We are blessed with almost 30 NHL level players that can play in this Association winning team.

Sorry man, last bad investment was Samsonov.

couz 04-12-2008 05:32 PM

I don't think Higgins should move from center, I think he's a better center than winger.

Once Saku comes back put him with GL and Lapierre, that will be a good third line.

Blades 0f Steel 04-12-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 13612017)
Do you realize Carbo can dress a better line-up than the one he dressed for the first and second game of that serie?

Imagine the impact Koivu will have on the team when he fully recover from his injury.. This little warrior is a playoffs performer and for the first time in years, he has a real shot at winning the cup... We have the luxury to rest him as much as possible with Higgins doing well centering the second line..

OByrne is another one that played pretty well in the last stretch and that will be hungry to jump on the ice when Carbo put his name on the board...

Grabovski... I dont know for you but this kid showed some real desire at the end of the season.. His quickness and skills are an asset if we need him at some point.. At the moment he is watching his compatriots making noise in the playoffs.. Do you seriously think he will play shy and intimidated when Carbo will put his name on the board?

At the moment Smolinski is doing the job but personally Im not sold on... Chipchura just get back from his injury and played last night with the Bulldogs.. Give him 2-3 other games there and call him up...

To resume, Carbo is coatching his team perfectly and the only way this team can get is better..

See, now these are the type of posts you should be making. A more objective analysis this time. :handclap:

MD Bruins Fan 04-12-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 13612017)

Should make you appreciate what the Bruins did without Bergeron.

mcphee 04-12-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan (Post 13612621)
Should make you appreciate what the Bruins did without Bergeron.

True. If you could have known in advance the man games lost, who would have bet on them getting in ?

I think the talk of Koivu is due to the team just not having offensive depth, or character depth over his time in Mtl. The team playing well without him further impresses us as to the quality of the youing guys on the team.

emb24* 04-12-2008 05:58 PM

there's a carbo quote today that if today was a game 7, they'd both be playing (saku/ cube)

lou4gehrig 04-12-2008 06:05 PM

Honestly Koivu is the 7th best player on this team right now. Even lower next year. He's our captain, but Komi, Markov, Hamr, Price, Plek, Kovalev are all easily more important than him. Maybe ties with Higgins and A Kost.

NewHabsEra* 04-12-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 13612235)

Smolinski has been inconsistent and not reliable all the season long outside the last stretch.. Im still not sold on him and it could become tougher for him when we face better opposition... Just watch and see, Smoke has to keep playing well otherwise his spot in the line-up isnt assured...

Habbadasher 04-12-2008 09:32 PM

I have to keep reminding myself that Koivu is not playing. This team is really impressive, but we will need Koivu.

Mats NAslund 04-12-2008 09:36 PM

I agree a fully healed and most importantly a rested Koivu will have a huge impact especially on the PP!