HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kovalev appreciation thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=504836)

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 09:14 PM

Kovalev appreciation thread

Title says it all. I'm disgusted on how some posters just put him down. I know his penalty did really hurt the team in a crucial moment, but after all he's done for the team and the community i can't believe some of you guys went against him.

GO KOVY GO:yo:

TheDamned 04-12-2008 09:17 PM

I can't believe those who jumped on his back aswell, and they call themselves habs fans, hockey experts !?!?!?!? Wow.

Anyway, in the RDS interview that he said he was sorry for the mistake he made, it was selfish and that he wanted to give back to the team for that mistake.

Pure Kovalev.

Erika 04-12-2008 09:18 PM

Sergei Kostitsyn > Alex Kovalev

:nod:

:sarcasm:

:p:

gohabsgo2010 04-12-2008 09:19 PM

Say what you want about his penalty but we wouldn't even have been in the game if it wasn't for him. His play led to the Kostitstyn goal, and if A. Kost was able to score, well then Kovalev would've been the hero even BEFORE scoring in OT.

WeThreeKings 04-12-2008 09:20 PM

I just wanna see him bring it every shift. He hasn't yet, but that can be attested to the Bruins checking him.

Little Nilan 04-12-2008 09:21 PM

If I was on the Habs, I would've cross checked him in the face after that selfish penalty. If Plekanec and Kovalev keep playing like it's preseason, the Habs are going no where fast.

SpreeEndaz 04-12-2008 09:22 PM

Game Summary:

Any Bruins fans tonight who don't want to be a witness then walk away... A...K !!! Gunshot !

What a bullet in overtime...

hototogisu 04-12-2008 09:23 PM

Good for him for tying it up, but the entire overtime/having to be the hero scenario could have been avoided altogether if he kept his temper in check and didn't take such a dumb penalty. It's great he was able to redeem himself but I would rather he make the smart play and skip the heroics next time.

Stephen Locke* 04-12-2008 09:23 PM

The ignore thread feature is just great to use it now.

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Kautsitsin (Post 13617449)
If I was on the Habs, I would've cross checked him in the face after that selfish penalty. If Plekanec and Kovalev keep playing like it's preseason, the Habs are going no where fast.

Stop being a pissed off Koivu fan... Every time theres a thread on Kovalev you always seem to find something negative to say since he took over as captain.

Brass 04-12-2008 09:28 PM

+2 for Magik kovy:handclap:

he's been average but this goal might make him a beast 2morrow

ToysInTheAttic 04-12-2008 09:28 PM

Pfffffffffffffffffft! What penalty;)?

Kovalev is awesome. Just ask the Bruins.

Habs514 04-12-2008 09:30 PM

Seriously. Kovalev is Montreal's MVP this season and plays a bad 5min and a few posters want to run him out of town and take his C. Brutal. :rant:

Little Nilan 04-12-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar (Post 13617590)
Stop being a pissed off Koivu fan... Every time theres a thread on Kovalev you always seem to find something negative to say since he took over as captain.

Pissed off Koivu fan? Me? :laugh:. I love Kovalev, I've been a fan of his for almost a decade, I'm on the fence about Koivu.

You must have me confused with Billy Kautsitsin, the other poster.

ToysInTheAttic 04-12-2008 09:32 PM

I dunno about the bad penalty thing. Seems to me that Kovalev reacted to a guy who grounded his face into the ice with his elbow after the breakaway. Not what I would call selfish. I was wondering where the Refs were.

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habhob (Post 13617824)
I dunno about the bad penalty thing. Seems to me that Kovalev reacted to a guy who grounded his face into the ice with his elbow after the breakaway. Not what I would call selfish. I was wondering where the Refs were.

Yes very true, but he's the first to admit it was a bad penalty and it was. Now hockey players are humans before being hockey players and frustration IS a human emotion. What I saw tonight was a CAPTAIN.

TheDamned 04-12-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar (Post 13617921)
Yes very true, but he's the first to admit it was a bad penalty and it was. Now hockey players are humans before being hockey players and frustration IS a human emotion. What I saw tonight was a CAPTAIN.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs514 (Post 13617764)
Seriously. Kovalev is Montreal's MVP this season and plays a bad 5min and a few posters want to run him out of town and take his C. Brutal. :rant:

Thank you guys!
Finally people that knows hockey.

TheDamned 04-12-2008 09:38 PM

and... Kovalev is gonna be a BEAST tomorrow, mark my words.

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDamned (Post 13617978)
and... Kovalev is gonna be a BEAST tomorrow, mark my words.

OH ILL MARK IT EVERYWHERE I CAN TRUST ME:yo:

Guillemin 04-12-2008 09:39 PM

I'll take Hamrlik any day, thanks.

Hammer was the best Hab on the ice, and all the love goes to the guy who's fault it was that it went to overtime in the first place. :shakehead

Guillemin 04-12-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Okay, then.

Selfish is cherry picking while your team is killing a penalty, which is what put him on that break in the first place

Myron Gaines* 04-12-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillemin (Post 13618001)
I'll take Hamrlik any day, thanks.

Hammer was the best Hab on the ice, and all the love goes to the guy who's fault it was that it went to overtime in the first place. :shakehead

Hamrlik is playing great hockey, and all the love goes to the guy who's fault it was that it went to overtime and the reason why the serie is now 2-0

Jsweenie 04-12-2008 09:43 PM

for those of you who have something bad to say about kovys performance tonight....

what was the final score again?

ShuttFan 04-12-2008 09:43 PM

I've got no problem with Kovy's "selfish penalty" that caused the 5 on 3. Shouldn't have been a penalty, it was a slap on the side, not a hook, after the Bruin defenceman kept him out of the play for an extra couple seconds in a PK situation.

Kovy should have buried a couple more than he has so far this series, he's just trying too hard. He still comes through and knows what winning's all about. The man is awesome.

Guillemin 04-12-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar (Post 13618032)
Hamrlik is playing great hockey, and all the love goes to the guy who's fault it was that it went to overtime and the reason why the serie is now 2-0

No doubt, he scored. On a deflection on his 500th PP chance of the game.

I like Kovalev, but I'm not gonna jump all over his bandwagon for scoring in OT wen he played a terrible game. I want the Kovalev of 04, minus the faking a wrist injury and costing his team the game, obviously.