HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Give it up for Ribeiro (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=504878)

Mathletic 04-12-2008 09:47 PM

Give it up for Ribeiro

ok here I am the anti-hab appreciating the work of a former Hab. Ribeiro with a goal again tonight. He's showing once and for all to those know it alls that he can play in playoffs ... not that there was any doubt in my mind, anybody who gets 90 points or so can play in playoffs anyway ... Gainey said it himself he made a mistake, hopefully people on Habs board do the same once and for all.

Travis Moen 04-12-2008 09:48 PM

Habs - Ribeiro > Habs + Ribeiro

hototogisu 04-12-2008 09:49 PM

While we're at it, let's give it up for Zubrus and Dowd and Beauchemin and everybody else who ever donned a CH sweater currently in the playoffs.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-12-2008 09:49 PM

yeah, I want the Ducks to be eliminated by the Stars. I was happy when Ribs scored. He wasn't my favorite hab, but he's a great player and I like to see our ex-hab having some kind of success, after all some of them have been a part of this for a while.

Guillemin 04-12-2008 09:49 PM

I will resent that decision when he leads his team to the Cup.

Since that will never happen, I'll always be fin with letting him go and giving Pleks his shot.

Tricolore#20 04-12-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 13618234)
While we're at it, let's give it up for Zubrus and Dowd and Beauchemin and everybody else who ever donned a CH sweater.

Let's give it up for Jose Theodore!!! :yo: Even after he was traded, he was one of my favourite players, and to see him struggle was a difficult thing. However, to see him recover so nicely is a treat. Go Theodore!!!

Avant-Gardien 04-12-2008 09:50 PM

While I still don't like Ribeiro, I have to respect the guy's performance, not the least of which was on that last goal.

Ronnie Bass 04-12-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 13618234)
While we're at it, let's give it up for Zubrus and Dowd and Beauchemin and everybody else who ever donned a CH sweater.

I tell you what, say what you want about him but he has been easily one of our best players against the Rangers, which of course is not saying much but still...

hototogisu 04-12-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 (Post 13618266)
Let's give it up for Jose Theodore!!! :yo: Even after he was traded, he was one of my favourite players, and to see him struggle was a difficult thing. However, to see him recover so nicely is a treat. Go Theodore!!!

I don't love Theodore myself but it's nice to seem back in good form again.

Brass 04-12-2008 10:00 PM

Its just Giguere cmon

Team_Spirit 04-12-2008 10:05 PM

Did you see him walk around Niedermayer? He had to hook him:amazed:

Lehtinen scores 2-0 Stars.

Raider917 04-12-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles (Post 13618188)
ok here I am the anti-hab appreciating the work of a former Hab. Ribeiro with a goal again tonight. He's showing once and for all to those know it alls that he can play in playoffs ... not that there was any doubt in my mind, anybody who gets 90 points or so can play in playoffs anyway ... Gainey said it himself he made a mistake, hopefully people on Habs board do the same once and for all.

what time today did hell freeze over?

Madevilz 04-12-2008 10:06 PM

Ribs is a beast right now, but not sure he would have been if he stayed with the Habs. In the end, I think the change was good for both the organization and ribs.

emb24* 04-12-2008 10:06 PM

i hope the ducks lose in 4.

hototogisu 04-12-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madevilz (Post 13618615)
Ribs is a beast right now, but not sure he would have been if he stayed with the Habs. In the end, I think the change was good for both the organization and ribs.

Agreed. People don't seem to get this concept. If we had kept Ribeiro, we would not be a team stacked down the middle with Koivu's 60 points, Plekanec's 70 points and Ribeiro's 80. Somebody's development would've gotten stunted along the way.

katieboo 04-12-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcortex (Post 13618218)
Habs - Ribeiro > Habs + Ribeiro

tru dat!

Whitesnake 04-12-2008 10:11 PM

While people was waiting for him to be a miserable playoff performer, I bet he'll do well like he's doing now and he puts that behind him and we'll start respecting him.

The guy made a stupid and dumb gesture and he learned a lot from it and by being traded after. You have to respect that.

Same for Jose.

Good for them. Let's move on now.

mtl_felix 04-12-2008 10:16 PM

He's gone, just get over it. I'm really happy he's got success with the Stars, though.

Fish on The Sand 04-12-2008 10:21 PM

why should we give it up for anybody who said he was thrilled to see our team miss the playoffs last year. The guy embarassed us when he was a player here and he trashtalked the team on his way out, and you guys want to appreciate him? I'm sorry, but no way. To steal a line from Bobby Mac, Ribeiro is an assclown.

lou4gehrig 04-12-2008 10:31 PM

Why isn't this OT? Might as well make separate threads for Beauchemin, Robidas, Brashear, Huet, Chelios, Theodore, Hill, Schneider too while you're at it.

And Ribeiro didn't have 90 points. He had 83. You might as well round it up to 100 while you're at it. In which case, Plek, Streit, Kovalev and Markov all had 100 points this year. :handclap:

Ribeiro decided he didn't want to play here with his crappy attitude and his fake injury in the playoffs. Did you notice that once we got rid of him or team started to play awesome? Coincidence? Not likely.

Another thing is he is 28. Not exactly a youngster. He's got 2-3 decent years left before the physical toll of being a top line center will overcome him. I predict more injury plagued seasons for superstar Ribeiro in the future.

If he was still here, we'd be stuck with his $5M a year contract and Pleks wouldn't have developed like he did. Koivu would still be with Kovalev and our entire team would be garbage. I consider dumping him on Dallas a great move.

All I know is we had 104 points and Dallas had 97. And we had 262 goals and Dallas had 242. So we are a better team without him as the record shows.

Anyone notice when Ribeiro played 15 minutes a night Dallas had 107 points and when he moved up to number one center and 19 minutes a night Dallas dropped to 97 points.

Whitesnake 04-12-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 13618925)
why should we give it up for anybody who said he was thrilled to see our team miss the playoffs last year.

He did explain that it was out of frustration 'cause he really thought he was on the verge of becoming a better player with us and was frustrated to not be able to do so. He then said this year that he doesn't feel like that anymore and look at us from time to time honestly hoping we do good.

I didn't take it badly. Took it that he cared and was truly dissapointed and pissed off to go.

Pretty sure Samsonov never made that kind of comment about us....he was so glad to go.....

Whitesnake 04-12-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrychair (Post 13618848)
Who gives a ****? He's not a hab and hasn't been for over a year. You have some kind of crush on him or something? ****in get over it already. It was a bad trade we know that.

Thing is.....if he would have suck in the playoffs, you would have seen a thread about it and nobody would have complained that we would talking about an ex-player.

But I agree that we need to stop talking about him, Theo and friends.

Redux91 04-12-2008 10:37 PM

Can you imagin if calgary beats san jose and if dallas beats anaheim?

What a FAVOR that would be

Id much rather face calgary or dallas in the finals over anaheim or san jose

as i write this anaheim ties the game...

Ice Poutine 04-12-2008 10:58 PM

I dont give a rats a** about Ribeiro. Especially after his retard fake injury that made our team look so bad. And why WHY are we yet again talking about a non-Habs player?

http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/thu...aa837b77f6.jpg

Lucius 04-12-2008 11:01 PM

I didn't like the trade at the time, bad in the room or not, he was still a 3rd year guy scoring 60 points a year for a washed up D.

However, in the grand scheme of things, his trade allowed Plekanec to emerge and thus I am at peace with the move. I think if we'd held onto him a bit, we might have gotten more, but Ribeiro seems to be the type who needed to be away from his home town and the pressure to really excel.

Good on him and good on us.