HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Germany (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Tom KÜHNHACKL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=504991)

EHCler 04-13-2008 05:09 AM

Tom KÜHNHACKL

Has any of you guys seen him play? looking at his stats in the DNL he is leading his team despite being born in 92.

GP TP G A PIM
30 41 21 20 102

He also has seize to become an effective power forward. Any comments on his stile of play and how good he can become?

FINNtastic 04-14-2008 03:22 AM

Any relation to Erich Kühnhackl?

His son apparently...

Shadowthrone 04-18-2008 01:12 PM

Yes, his son.

Rafik Soliman 05-10-2008 07:59 AM

He almost made the German U18-Team at the Age of 16...

He was listed in the IIHF pre-Rosters of Germany.

I have seen him play once and he has impressive speed. Can not say much about his stickhandling, but he sure was one of the better players on the german team.

I'm looking forward to see him play at an IIHF-Tournament...

sniper26 06-05-2008 06:17 PM

I am 16 and am German. I lived in Landshut, Germany for 13 years in which I have played with Tom for 9 years. He is 6-2 tall but will end up being at least 6-4 since his dad is 6-5. Tom has always been 2 levels above everybodys skills. He has great hands and a killershot. He is not the biggest hitter for his size but I'm sure he will catch on as he gets older.
Another great player that played on the same team is Tobias Rieder. He is a 93 forward with amazing speed and stickhandling. He won the IIHF skills challenge and last year he had about 170 points in 60 games. Our team has also won the German Championship in which he as a one of the younger players had the most points.

From playing with these two guys for so many years I can say that these will be two definite greats.

Lutzinho 09-20-2008 05:23 AM

wow... kühnhackel has 2g and 2a for 4points in 3 games in landshut(playing 2nd german league) as a 16 year old right now...:handclap:not bad!!!

EHCler 10-19-2008 03:09 PM

Whoaw 10 Points in 11 games that is just amazing. This first kid in a long time from Germany with first round, if not even top 10 draft potential.

JoeLH 10-21-2008 10:41 AM

He would be the first german player drafted in the top 10 (excluded Dany Heatley who's born in Freiburg, Germany, has a german mother and owns a german passport along with his canadian).

zecke26 10-21-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeLH (Post 15951614)
He would be the first german player drafted in the top 10 (excluded Dany Heatley who's born in Freiburg, Germany, has a german mother and owns a german passport along with his canadian).

say the first german hockey product within the top10 since heatley learned to play in canada.

could be a nice draft for germany, since there's goalie grubauer too. he seems to be the best german goalie for a while.

Snoil11 10-21-2008 10:48 PM

Yup. Had the opportunity to see him against the Ice Dogs and he looked awesome! Although he won't see much ice-time this season, unless Mark Murphy gets severely injured, playing for Belleville might pan out nicely for him, as Uwe Krupp accompanies the team and should help him to get accustomed to NA.

zecke26 10-22-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 15963231)
Yup. Had the opportunity to see him against the Ice Dogs and he looked awesome! Although he won't see much ice-time this season, unless Mark Murphy gets severely injured, playing for Belleville might pan out nicely for him, as Uwe Krupp accompanies the team and should help him to get accustomed to NA.

he might get the usual backup games + maybe stealing 5 more with continuing to impress. and next season he is the starter, just in time to impress scouts for the draft. indeed a perfect choice for him to play in the CHL.

i wonder what kuehnhackl's plans are. he needs to play DEL next season or going to the CHL too. a lot of DEL should have interest in him. does he have a contract with one already? otherwise he should choose wisely. he needs ice-time.

JoeLH 10-24-2008 09:01 PM

At this point he hasn't signed with any team for next season. Ingolstadts GM already explained interest but so probably should also every other GM of the DEL. The advantage of Ingolstadt is that it's near to Landshut, his hometown. And also to Munich, where his dad, german hockey legend Erich will be quite often in the future, because he became vice president of the german hockey federation (located in Munich) a few days ago.

But: To become a potential first rounder he should either sign in the canadian juniors or go to a team in the DEL where he gets tons of ice time. Ingolstadt calculates with a quite big budget for next season and last years 'coach of the year' with Nuremberg, Benoit Laporte, is known for letting play his experienced and best players by name, not necessarily youth ...

In Nuremberg which is also located in Bavaria, not that far away for his home, the organisation plans with less money an more german talent in the future. In addition they have a german coach in former Team Germany player Andreas Brockmann who actually gives Pittburghs goaltending prospect Patrick Ehelechner a chance over former AHL play-off MVP Frederic Cassivi. Ehelechner pays back the trust in him with an excellent 1.58 saving percentage over the last five games since getting the number one duties from Cassivi.

It will be an interesting and difficult decision for Kuenhackl.

zecke26 10-24-2008 09:23 PM

he could play for straubing. bavaria, close to home and he should get ice-time there. but the question is if it's worth losing all the games. ;)

i think a perfect team would be augsburg. still close to home, but augsburg has proven that they are willing to let young germans play. they always try to have a competitive team, although they have the lowest payroll every season.

so either augsburg or CHL would be my advice. and i really hope he choses wisely. many young germans made the wrong decisions lately. the DEL is still not the place where young players get the chance.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 10-25-2008 08:12 AM

He can come to Frankfurt, a little further north,but we can give a bit of gas money.:)

FAL 10-26-2008 01:16 PM

Krefeld's youngsters are getting a lot of ice-time under Pavlov this season (honsetly it's the complete opposite to the last couple of years), so it might also be worth considering. Obviously i wouldn't mind him playing in Krefeld. :nod:

EHCler 12-17-2008 11:19 AM

Interesting article about Tom in German

http://www.abendzeitung.de/sport/ehc_muenchen/70016

Article comparing Tom with Marco Sturm an talking how much further he is ahaed in his progress compared to his peers.

JoeLH 12-18-2008 10:10 AM

Tom is already one of the very few german prospects where there's not the question IF he gets drafted but WHEN.

He easily has more talent than Marcel Goc who was a 1st rounder, but he has to stay healthy, for sure, and continue to impress. Maybe in the DEL or the NA juniors next season.

EHCler 01-08-2009 03:00 PM

Tom hired an NA agent Roly Thompson (also worked for Krupp and Hecht), to scan potential junior teams for next season.
So Tom probably will move to NA next season. Think definitly is the right move for him.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...s-ontario.html

Fatturdmanshark 06-28-2009 10:07 PM

Future San Jose Shark :)

Tony Piscotta 06-30-2009 08:34 AM

Grubauer vs. Bruckmann

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 15951901)
could be a nice draft for germany, since there's goalie grubauer too. he seems to be the best german goalie for a while.

How would Grubauer compare to Felix Bruckmann? Although he wasn't drafted this season, Felix was rated 13th among Europeans by CS - ahead of draftees like Simila.

Sanderson 06-30-2009 09:55 AM

Not that I'm all too familiar with Brückmann, but from what I have seen so far, they aren't really close.

Brückmann was Grubauer's backup at the U18 WJC in 08, even though he's a year older. Grubauer was dominant in the U17 Challenge and already a backup at this years WJC right after turning 17, actually starting the deciding game.

Simply put, Brückmann is one of plenty German goalies who were ranked rather low by central scouting. Pretty much every year there is a German in that region or a bit higher. None of them were drafted in the recent past.
It remains to be seen how Grubauer develops in the OHL, but from what he has shown at an early age, he's a lot closer to goalies like Greiss or Pielmeier, who were ranked pretty high. One year ago I'd have put him ahead of those two, now it depends on whether he can establish himself as a starter in the OHL.

Tony Piscotta 06-30-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanderson (Post 20151436)
Not that I'm all too familiar with Brückmann, but from what I have seen so far, they aren't really close.

Brückmann was Grubauer's backup at the U18 WJC in 08, even though he's a year older. Grubauer was dominant in the U17 Challenge and already a backup at this years WJC right after turning 17, actually starting the deciding game.

Obviously, the coaches in Germany and European scouts have seen both a lot more closely than I have - in fact, I have never seen Grubauer - but Felix was quite impressive as a fifteen-year old at the IIHF's international camp. Again, there was a wide range of ability at the tournament but what was most impressive, in addition to his physical skills, was his tremendous poise and positive demeanor for a goalie at a young age. Incidently, his team in that tournament lost just once and also featured Sweden's Viktor Hedman, Slovenian defensemen Blaz Gregorc, who now plays in Swedish junior league, Reinier Stats, another fine defenseman from Holland, and USA forward Duncan McKellar.

Matzel 07-02-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHCler (Post 17223026)
Tom hired an NA agent Roly Thompson (also worked for Krupp and Hecht), to scan potential junior teams for next season.
So Tom probably will move to NA next season. Think definitly is the right move for him.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...s-ontario.html

The Windsor Spitfires selected Kuehnhackl with the 24th pick in the CHL Import Draft.

However, it looks as if Tom will stay in Germany and play for Landshut (2. BundesLiga) with select games (Tuesdays) in Augsburg (DEL) for the 2009/'10 season.

smitty10 08-13-2009 08:55 AM

Any word on his status? Is he coming over to the OHL? It would be nice to see a German go in the 1st round

zecke26 08-13-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 20754355)
Any word on his status? Is he coming over to the OHL? It would be nice to see a German go in the 1st round

staying in germany. will play in landshut (2nd-tier) on weekends and in augsburg (DEL) on tuesdays and when needed.