HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone buy from hockeymonkey.com (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=505714)

Marc Bergevins Suit 04-14-2008 09:23 PM

Anyone buy from hockeymonkey.com

Just wondering how long it would take to get something shipped to Ontario.

Thanks in advance

kingpest19 04-14-2008 09:48 PM

Depending on what your ordering they might not ship to you.

RealTalk 04-14-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohabsgo_11 (Post 13657563)
Just wondering how long it would take to get something shipped to Ontario.

Thanks in advance

I ordered some tape and the nhl monopoly to edmonton once and it took a couple of weeks but with customs and shipping fees most things would cost just as much as they do at local hockey shops so theirs no point in getting things you could get locally from their.

Marc Bergevins Suit 04-15-2008 07:25 AM

im looking at 703 graf skates, all the shops around my area dont have my size in stock.

FiveHole23 04-15-2008 01:47 PM

I ordered skates off hockey monkey, it took me like 2 weeks to get them. However they are based in Canada and had to go through US Customs to get to me so I would think for you it would take that long.

kingpest19 04-15-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJrumble (Post 13669539)
I ordered skates off hockey monkey, it took me like 2 weeks to get them. However they are based in Canada and had to go through US Customs to get to me so I would think for you it would take that long.

That doesnt sound right as they are based in Southern California.

MG91 04-15-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19 (Post 13674493)

Yeah, and i thought they didn't ship to Canada. Someone told me you have to get it shipped to Somewhere in the US and pick it up. In my case i would get it shipped to like Bellingham and drive down there.

kingpest19 04-15-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishaal (Post 13674523)
Yeah, and i thought they didn't ship to Canada. Someone told me you have to get it shipped to Somewhere in the US and pick it up. In my case i would get it shipped to like Bellingham and drive down there.

They ship to Canada. They just dont NBH or Easton.

Robo-Pope 04-16-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19 (Post 13674493)

A decent amount of their stuff ships from Canada though. Not sure why.

FiveHole23 04-16-2008 11:06 AM

I went back and pulled my Tracking Number from when I order my skates. But when I put the order number in UPS now it just says it was delivered.

I am 100% certain that my skates I ordered off hockeymonkey came out of Canada.

kingpest19 04-16-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo-Pope (Post 13687713)

Thats weird. As far as I knew they had a distrubution center in So Cal and I think one in the Midwest.

Brodeur 04-16-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo-Pope (Post 13687713)

You guys are probably getting this mixed up: Ontario, California as opposed to Ontario, Canada. HockeyMonkey's warehouse is in Ontario, California and their physical store is in Anaheim/Santa Ana.

Definitely give them a call to get clarification on what they can ship up there.

JumboJoe19 04-18-2008 10:37 PM

i bought a few things of hockeymonkey. they do ship to canada but when the package gets there u have to pay an extra 50 $ cus it had to cross the border.

CAF1837 04-18-2008 10:42 PM

Hockey Monkey is LEGIT - I love theses guys.

great service and (most of them) know what you're talking about at the store/warehouse in Santa Ana

BY FAR the best hockey equipment store in the US.

Schenn Him 04-18-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumboJoe19 (Post 13742068)
i bought a few things of hockeymonkey. they do ship to canada but when the package gets there u have to pay an extra 50 $ cus it had to cross the border.

To clarify this somewhat. When buying goods from the United States or another country, you are required to pay the applicable taxes for your province. This is either 5 % GST, or whatever the HST rate is for your province.

You also have to pay a fee to the carrier who cleared your packages through customs. Canada Post does this for a reasonable fee - $5 or $8 depending on the service chosen. UPS sees customs brokerage fees as a money making scheme, and generally charges $30 + for the same service. Fed Ex and DHL also charge brokerage fees that generally fit in between the postal services and UPS.

Basically, what you pay depends on the service chosen, and the value of the goods you are having shipped to you. Packages sometimes get through the postal system without customs charging taxes. Packages never make it through UPS without having taxes charged.

vincetheprince 04-19-2008 05:08 PM

i bought a stealth and they said they couldnt ship it to canada(easton, nike bauer, reebok, ccm, warrior) so pretty much the best products. Had it shipped to new hampshire and picked it up there. still a great deal, 160$ for stealth CNT grip and 2 rolls of tape.