HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds prospects competing in Skills Competition today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50573)

SmokeyClause 02-08-2004 02:30 PM

Preds prospects competing in Skills Competition today

http://www.canoe.ca/AHL/04AllStar/20...08/340744.html

Shishkanov is competing in the puck control relay, pass and score, and breakaway.

Curtis Murphy is competing in the rapid fire and breakaway.

Volzok, if you get this, it would be awesome if you could tape it.

volzok 02-08-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SmokeyClause
Volzok, if you get this, it would be awesome if you could tape it.
Consider it done, Ill record the game too, just in case it isnt on ESPN this year.

SmokeyClause 02-08-2004 05:23 PM

It's starts at 7 ET, I think.

SmokeyClause 02-08-2004 08:04 PM

Hey Volzok, have you been watching it? How has Shish looked? I noticed his group won the puck control relay.

volzok 02-08-2004 08:24 PM

Hey, there group dominated. He was the last skater of the group. He looked really good but the last few turns he took slow to secure the win. Thats the only thing hes been in so far, pass and score is next. Hutchinson finished 2nd in hardest shot. 95.5

hillbilly 02-08-2004 08:28 PM

Shish's group just dominated the pass and score competition or whatever it's called

volzok 02-08-2004 08:30 PM

Shishkanov just dominated pass and score. His line included Denis Shvidki and Miroslav Zalesak. 3 attempts, 3 goals. Shish had 2 goals, one beautiful, and a sweet pass for an assist. Made the goalie look pathetic.

volzok 02-08-2004 08:45 PM

Here we go Hutchinson and Shishkanov against LeNeveu. Whole group shutout. Nice move by Shish, but LeNeveu sniffed it out.

Edit: Shish tried deked twice and tried to go backhand but LeNeveu got the leg out there to stop it.

volzok 02-08-2004 08:49 PM

PlanetUSA wins 18-9. This skills competition was better than NHL.

barrytrotzsneck 02-09-2004 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volzok
PlanetUSA wins 18-9. This skills competition was better than NHL.

by far.

SmokeyClause 02-09-2004 07:17 PM

Now on to the All-Star game. What's a guy got to do to get some play-by-play for the AHL All-Star game :D

SmokeyClause 02-09-2004 07:51 PM

Well, so far, no good. The game is tied 2-2. Shish is a -2.

SmokeyClause 02-09-2004 11:22 PM

Shish ended with 1 goal and a -2.

For those who saw it, I have a question. In All-Star competition, oftentimes you can only be as good as your linemates. Rick Nash was held pointless but his linemates were nonexistant. He was the only one of note that tried hard on that line. Had he been paired with a Sakic/Naslund/Bert type player, he might have garnered MVP honors. Was Shish in a similar situation? Or was he the one bringing the line down or was it just a blah effort for the whole line?

tulsytrid1 02-09-2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Shish ended with 1 goal and a -2.

For those who saw it, I have a question. In All-Star competition, oftentimes you can only be as good as your linemates. Rick Nash was held pointless but his linemates were nonexistant. He was the only one of note that tried hard on that line. Had he been paired with a Sakic/Naslund/Bert type player, he might have garnered MVP honors. Was Shish in a similar situation? Or was he the one bringing the line down or was it just a blah effort for the whole line?

Anyone have a link to the box score sheet?

hillbilly 02-10-2004 12:53 AM

I'll give you some datails on the game later smokey. I slept right threw the game but I recorded it.

WuRtZLeSs 02-10-2004 01:29 AM

I can't attest as to whether or not Shishkanov was in the same position as Nash - but I'll say the reason Nash's linemates (Datsyuk and Iginla, I might add) were nonexistent throughout the game was Nash's play. Nash I think went into the game with his "Columbus mindset" - if that makes any sense. He was a puck hog throughout the game, it may have seemed like he was working hard, and he was - but he certainly wasn't dishing the puck off when he had the opportunity. Not faulting him at all, so far he's been conditioned to really rely on his own abilities in Columbus, but a line has to work as a cohesive unit in order to truly be successful.

That's just my thinking though, and I understand I didn't add anything to the Shishkanov question - but if it indeed was a similar situation, it very well could've been Shishkanov's sniper mentality that negatively effected his linemates, not the other way around.

And it also could just all be boiled down to lack of familiarity between linemates.

Edit: For tulsytrid1 - Boxscore: http://pointstreak.com/framed/prosta...l?gameid=92325