HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: Goal song/chants in Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=505759)

Bruce Ciskie 04-14-2008 09:09 PM

OT: Goal song/chants in Nashville

My wife and I are watching Game Three on Versus, and I freely admit that I'm not familiar with anything they do at the Sommet Center.

I am familiar with the songs that are played after the horn that follows a Predators goal, but we couldn't figure out what the fans were yelling.

It almost sounds like "Hey! You suck!", which would be hilarious to me, because no NHL rink does enough to emulate what I experience traveling around and following Division I college hockey.

Can anyone offer some answers? Thanks in advance, and congrats on a nice Game 3 comeback effort, whether it ends in a win or loss for your team (still a minute left, and I'm not going to be responsible for any jinxes :) ).

Drury77 04-14-2008 09:18 PM

Hey, Hey You! You!

nyrangers14 04-14-2008 09:54 PM

hey i saw/heard this too while watching the game. Right now i'm at UMass amherst and we have basically the same chant when we score
Hey, You suck that goes on like 3 times then u suck u suck GO UMASS is one of the cheers at the games i found it funny that this chant reached the nhl level. personally i think its funny for the collegiate level but a little classless for the nhl. hilarious nonetheless

DManPreds11 04-14-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Ciskie (Post 13659277)
My wife and I are watching Game Three on Versus, and I freely admit that I'm not familiar with anything they do at the Sommet Center.

I am familiar with the songs that are played after the horn that follows a Predators goal, but we couldn't figure out what the fans were yelling.

It almost sounds like "Hey! You suck!", which would be hilarious to me, because no NHL rink does enough to emulate what I experience traveling around and following Division I college hockey.

Can anyone offer some answers? Thanks in advance, and congrats on a nice Game 3 comeback effort, whether it ends in a win or loss for your team (still a minute left, and I'm not going to be responsible for any jinxes :) ).

Yeah it's "HEY! you suck" "HEY! you suck" "we're going to beat the hell out of you" "it's true it's true it's what we're going to do".

The when we win it's "it's true it's true it's what we said we'd do".

DManPreds11 04-14-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrangers14 (Post 13660752)
hey i saw/heard this too while watching the game. Right now i'm at UMass amherst and we have basically the same chant when we score
Hey, You suck that goes on like 3 times then u suck u suck GO UMASS is one of the cheers at the games i found it funny that this chant reached the nhl level. personally i think its funny for the collegiate level but a little classless for the nhl. hilarious nonetheless

I'm surprised that a Rangers fan would use the word "classless" for a simple little chant. Just wondering what you "Rangers" fans chant other than the original "Let's go Rangers"? Maybe you can help out our little collegiate chanting rookie organization. What do you say Mr. Ranger??

Paincakes 04-14-2008 10:18 PM

**** class it's the ******* playoffs. :yo: :nod:

Jarnberg 04-14-2008 11:04 PM

Yeah we have a bit of chants, I personally don't like the "You suck" part, but whatever. People have fun with it and it gets some casual fans into it when they get a smile on their face.

People always give us crap about our fans, but we have some of the most fans in terms of chants and really being into the game.

Anyway, for the OP's question; its goalie name x3 followed by the you suck and then the "Its all your fault" x a bunch. There is the chants after the goal song too which was alluded to in some posts in this thread.

We have kinds of chants for many different situations throughout the game.

Seth Lake 04-14-2008 11:55 PM

http://www.section303.com/chants_goals.htm

A link to the post-goal chants. Use the links on the menu to the left side of the screen to see the other cheers.

goalieman70 04-15-2008 07:59 AM

Thanks for asking and answering the question I was thinking about at work last night!

The playoff atmosphere is incredible from the short time I saw the game. The last 6 minutes or so were unbelievable, even when you guys were down 3-2.

I didn't get to see it all (Penguins game!) but congrats on your HUGE win last night. Good to see Hasek get shelled like that every now and then!

Gnashville 04-15-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Cissiee (Post 13659277)

Most of the chants and taunts come from college hockey. My favorite is during Visiting player introductions everyone says "sucks" after the announcer gives each player's name and then he says the Red Wings (example) are coached by Mike Babcock and everyone yells "he sucks too":laugh:

Testify 04-15-2008 05:29 PM

Aahaha those chants crack me up!

Had fun showing 'em to the girlfriend yesterday while watching the game :)

First time she watched a predator home game :P

go preds :)

Seth Lake 04-15-2008 10:10 PM

You know what my favorite part of the post-goal chant has always been...you can distinctly hear a Southern drawl throughout it...I have always found that to be special. ;)

jstreet 04-16-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrangers14 (Post 13660752)

nyraaaanngerssfourteeeeen, nyraaaanngerssfourteeeeen, nyraaaanngerssfourteeeeen, YOU SUCK!

That's one! Thank you nyrangers, he shoots, he scores, YOU SUCK!
..It's all you fault! ..It's all you fault! ..It's all you fault!

BringBackConnolly 04-16-2008 01:17 PM

Islanders fans started doing the "HEY , YOU SUCK" after their goals (obviously we didnt hear it much this year) and i thought it was great, but then went to a Cornell game where they did the same exact thing realizing its not all that original lol ... I like the lil chant at the end the Preds throw in there... At first I didnt care really who won this series but after seeing and hearing how loud and wild the croud was in Nashville i am on the bandwagon ... Good luck boys

Basher 04-16-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 13692215)
nyraaaanngerssfourteeeeen, nyraaaanngerssfourteeeeen, nyraaaanngerssfourteeeeen, YOU SUCK!

That's one! Thank you nyrangers, may we have another? He shoots, he scores, YOU SUCK!
..It's all you fault! ..It's all you fault! ..It's all you fault!

i fix.