HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Moving on up (aka papa needs a new stick!) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=506564)

Still All In 04-16-2008 05:46 PM

Moving on up (aka papa needs a new stick!)
 
Well it has finally taken a few too many beatings, and the TPS rubber that i've had for quite some time now has decided to call it quits, so i'm on the hunt.

Like I said, I was using a TPS rubber (roughly 320-330g, I think it was... 90 flex), and my biggest issues I had with this stick were that for some time the stick felt a bit heavy. It was like as the game went on, it felt more and more like I was holding a sledgehammer, i'd have a poor, slow release, and the other issue was that it'd feel too stiff and I felt I wasn't getting as much power behind my shot as I could, but I played through it because frankly, I didn't have the cash to fix the problem.

Now that i'm playing again, or at least looking at playing again, I was wondering if someone could recommend something a bit more flexible and lighter, if possible. How tall/heavy are you, what stick do you use, and how does it feel for you?

I'm about 5'11 and float at about 180 right now, although i'll be a little closer to 190 in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.

greech 04-16-2008 10:10 PM

Flex has nothing to do with height and weight, unless you're going down to a 45 flex. Brett Hull used a 65-70 flex, and he's no small guy. I'm 5' 6", 140 and use a 77 flex, when you lean into your shots the pop is unreal.

deanosaur 04-16-2008 10:13 PM

A TPS RUBBER
wow i remember those. which one the black one or the yellow ones? hahaahaha

Still All In 04-16-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greech (Post 13703221)
Flex has nothing to do with height and weight, unless you're going down to a 45 flex. Brett Hull used a 65-70 flex, and he's no small guy. I'm 5' 6", 140 and use a 77 flex, when you lean into your shots the pop is unreal.

I know... I didn't think I tried to relate flex with size, was just saying what I was using now and it was feeling a bit stiff so i'd want to go down some, but I just don't know exactly how far.

Oh, and it was the black. :yo:

MG91 04-16-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deangamblin (Post 13703340)
A TPS RUBBER
wow i remember those. which one the black one or the yellow ones? hahaahaha

And then Tps combined their two sticks and came up with the Tps Response Rubber.

But on topic here how much are you looking to spend and two piece or one piece

Still All In 04-21-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishaal (Post 13704111)
And then Tps combined their two sticks and came up with the Tps Response Rubber.

But on topic here how much are you looking to spend and two piece or one piece

Under 150, doesn't matter how many pieces.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.