HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I gotta admit, I'm VERY Impressed! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=506740)

lasainteflanelle* 04-16-2008 11:55 PM

I gotta admit, I'm VERY Impressed!

not only did you guys play a good game, but you have a great crowd down there in nashville! i honestly had no idea. you guys make ottawa sound like a library LOL, and you make "hockeytown" a shame to have that name...not that it means anything, but i vote NASHVILLE as the new hockeytown USA! :handclap:

oh btw, i miss bonk :(

golfmade 04-16-2008 11:59 PM

Wouldn't go so far as to call it Hockeytown but thanks anyways.

vipera1960 04-17-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle (Post 13705802)
oh btw, i miss bonk :(

:loony:
He's at least been decent the last two games since Legwand came back, but man, he was awful for the last 4+ months of the regular season.

braindead 04-17-2008 01:32 AM

Sounds like the crowd must come through pretty well on TV.... thanks for the kind words. It really is a great building for hockey and pretty unique in terms of the crowd participation. I know large number of people doubt hockey in Nashville but if you were at one of the last two games, then you would understand why we know it can both survive and thrive here. Imagine if we ever made it out of the first round...

jstreet 04-17-2008 09:35 AM

We always appreciate the kind words, thanks!

PS, you can have Bonk back, send a bag of pucks back our way. ;)

lasainteflanelle* 04-17-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipera1960 (Post 13706986)
:loony:
He's at least been decent the last two games since Legwand came back, but man, he was awful for the last 4+ months of the regular season.

dude, i live in montreal...i don't exactly get the chance to see nashville play lol

lasainteflanelle* 04-17-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 13709278)
We always appreciate the kind words, thanks!

PS, you can have Bonk back, send a bag of pucks back our way. ;)

he was one hell of a PKer when he was a hab. that's why i miss him. our PK has sucked all season. brian smolinski is a huge downgrade from radek bonk imo.

RollingPredFan 04-17-2008 10:44 AM

Bonk's had a rough year. He contributed more goals than I thought he would, but his defense... he was -31 this year:help:

Enoch 04-17-2008 11:22 AM

I think Bonk is worth the contract he has been given. I'm glad we have him signed for next year as well. He may be a -31, but his defensive play is in the upper tier on this team. Part of that low number is his inability to score ES (as well as the rest of our third line/fourth line/second line down the stretch).

DManPreds11 04-17-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 13710796)
I think Bonk is worth the contract he has been given. I'm glad we have him signed for next year as well. He may be a -31, but his defensive play is in the upper tier on this team. Part of that low number is his inability to score ES (as well as the rest of our third line/fourth line/second line down the stretch).

Totally agree with ya, he's been worth the money despite his slump in the offensive department.

littlesthobo 04-18-2008 03:40 PM

What does the crowd chant after the Preds score a goal? wings suck? Then after that, there's another chant, could anyone enlighten me?

Mr Bojanglez 04-18-2008 03:45 PM

I am also very impressed with your team. You lose half your stars from last year, and you still make the playoffs... and are making runs against the Wings!

Ellis is a beast, I had him in my fantasy team. Not sure if he'll ever become an elite goalie, but you guys have the best 1+2 goalies I feel. While neither is amazing, both are very good... IMO.

Anyway, good luck to you

Pattypred 04-18-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senators39 (Post 13735613)
What does the crowd chant after the Preds score a goal? wings suck? Then after that, there's another chant, could anyone enlighten me?

Let's say the score is Preds 4 - visitor 0, we would then say ....

That's 1, that's 2, that's 3, that's 4 - thank you "goalie" may we have another. He shoots - he scores - you suck!

golfmade 04-18-2008 10:13 PM

Don't hate the BONK:yo:

TheSlapper 04-19-2008 06:58 PM

I agree, I'm really pulling for the preds!
Also I think Trotz should win Jack Adams.

Joe T Choker 04-19-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlapAHoCapitol (Post 13753409)
I agree, I'm really pulling for the preds!
Also I think Trotz should win Jack Adams.

ONLY if he gets this team out of the first round

TheSlapper 04-19-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 13753422)
ONLY if he gets this team out of the first round

I have a gut feeling this is the preds time to pull out a series victory in 7, I know they are up against it but, I see a very inspired, hungry, resilient team when I watch the games. Ellis is awesome!

Synergy27 04-20-2008 05:52 PM

I just came here to make a post about the crowd and surprise, surprise, someone beat me to the punch. The fact that your crowd was THAT loud for the last few minutes of an elimination game you guys were trailing by 2 goals, and then to stay around and give the team a standing O after the handshake is simply amazing to me. It's the exact opposite of what goes on here in "what have you done for me lately" NYC, and I find it refreshing. Good job guys!