HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Three notes. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=507788)

dutchy29 04-19-2008 11:33 AM

Three notes.

First off Carey Price has been brilliant this series, its disappointing to hear media headlines focusing on "Price will bounce back" "Just one bad game" the focus should be more on our inability to score, and our impotent powerplay. I doubt anyone questions Carey's play, its also obvious that you can't win every game 1-0.

Second the main gameplay difference in my eyes from regular season to playoffs has been the average play of Markov, this guy was our work horse all year, and he currently sits at 1 point, -2.

Third, when is Latendresse going to start being more of a factor, IMO hes been quite disappointing all year, I'd rather see them try just about anyone in his place,
I know hes "still developing" but for now I see him as a definite liability to the team.

agree?disagree?

Maximus Taylor 04-19-2008 11:37 AM

1- agreed.
2- Yes, Markov has seemed bizarre since the start of the series.
3- What can he do? Lapierre and Dandenault are not going to help him a lot to score goals. At least I see him hit as much as he can.

BLONG7 04-19-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchy29 (Post 13747360)
First off Carey Price has been brilliant this series, its disappointing to hear media headlines focusing on "Price will bounce back" "Just one bad game" the focus should be more on our inability to score, and our impotent powerplay. I doubt anyone questions Carey's play, its also obvious that you can't win every game 1-0.

Second the main gameplay difference in my eyes from regular season to playoffs has been the average play of Markov, this guy was our work horse all year, and he currently sits at 1 point, -2.

Third, when is Latendresse going to start being more of a factor, IMO hes been quite disappointing all year, I'd rather see them try just about anyone in his place,
I know hes "still developing" but for now I see him as a definite liability to the team.

agree?disagree?

I have to agree on all 3 counts...Markov needs to get it going, and I am not sure in Tender should even be in the lineup, he has been very dissappointing...

GoldGuardian 04-19-2008 11:44 AM

Latendresse...the kind of player that needs years to reach a decent level. Sorry but if he IS good he needs to show it. So far he looks like an annoying bug to the Bruins...yeah, a little bug.

mikeg 04-19-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchy29 (Post 13747360)
First off Carey Price has been brilliant this series...

Second the main gameplay difference in my eyes from regular season to playoffs has been the average play of Markov...

Third, when is Latendresse going to start being more of a factor...?

1) If we use Hamilton's Calder Cup run as a template for Price, then he'll be fine.. he had some bad games, and rallied back in time to save the day.

2) Agreed, but I think he's playing hurt. He looks off his game.

3) You could say that about him all season. Pierre Mcguire was right... he should never have made the team last year. It has stunted his development, who knows now if he'll ever meet the expectations everyone has for him.

Namso 04-19-2008 11:57 AM

Latendresse should be our equivalent of Lucic. He needs to be hard-nosed, tough and mean.

Right now he is not really doing anything.

zx81 04-19-2008 12:16 PM

1. So true. Price will rebound for sure. On the other hand I'm far from being convinced our offense will produce more than 1 goal per game. In the last game I have seen maybe 2 scoring chances after the first period...and one of them didn't even generate a SOG. Our offense is laughable so far. That should be our main concern...not Price.

2.Markov has been disappointing but I don't think he's the main responsible. I would blame Pleks and Kostitsyn before him for sure. Forwards don't help our D's right now. It's tough for Markov to find a SKATING open man.

3.Lats is also disappointing but he's misused once again. The guy should play on an offensive line not on an energy line or a defensive line. I said it all year and I'll repeat it again. He's too slow for an energy line but he could be a nice addition on an offensive line for the physical play along the boards. Use the guy properly and he will look better. He also should get some PP time.

anarmandaleb 04-19-2008 12:59 PM

1. I agree. It's not about Price, the rest of the team isn't helping him out any by... ahem. Scoring goals.
2. I'm pretty sure he's playing injured and the others need to step it up to compensate for him not being at 100% by being at more than 50% themselves.
3. I don't think he's mentally ready to be a Montreal Canadien. He might have the talent hidden there somewhere but I really think he needs to grow up before he can show up.

Cristobal Huet 04-19-2008 01:00 PM

Please sit Lats and Dandy, please Carbo.

What's the problem with putting Stewart and Chips in instead?

Iwishihadacup 04-19-2008 01:08 PM

OMG CHIPCHURA:scared::scared:

but... seriously, Lats is playing on the fourth line with lapierre and dandenault and you expect him to shine every game when the other team is "trapping like its hot?!?"

I really think our expectations are too high for a kid while a vet like dandenault is taking a roster spot from a youngster. The only one to sit right now is dandenault that'S it

xeric716x 04-19-2008 01:11 PM

i would rather see Chips in tonight than Lats, even in a important a game like this.

Team_Spirit 04-19-2008 01:20 PM

I think Lats is playing his best hockey of the year right now. Im more concern about Ryder.

Habbiebo0gie 04-19-2008 02:23 PM

Latendresse needs to take a few pages out of Lucic's book. I hate Boston, but damn that kid is good. I don't care if he's got like 8 goals all season, he's so involved in the game, he's mean, big, and hard to play against. Lats doesn't do anything on the ice besides the occasional battle along the boards. Dammit, I'm getting jealous of the B's? This is the end of me :cry: