HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Such a gentleman Hackett is... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50797)

watercoolant 02-09-2004 01:32 PM

Such a gentleman Hackett is...

Once again, he shows that he's someone with a lot of class...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=71564

Bud The Spud* 02-09-2004 02:00 PM

He's one classy guy. :bow: I wish him nothing but the best.

Team_Spirit 02-09-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
I wish him nothing but the best.

How canyou say that ? The guy will lose 3M and his job in the NHL , and there nothing better than that .

Playr050 02-09-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
How canyou say that ? The guy will lose 3M and his job in the NHL , and there nothing better than that .

Hockey's not everything. The guy is suffering from vertigo, you know. He has a family to raise, and will finally get to spend the amount of time that every father should with his children.

I don't think money's an issue, considering we paid him well over $9M during his stay here.

This isn't a shocking move at all, everyone here should know how much class this guy has.

All-Star 02-09-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watercoolant
Once again, he shows that he's someone with a lot of class...

He's obviously being steam-rolled into doing it... I feel bad for the guy. :mad:

Bud The Spud* 02-09-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

I'm sure his family is more important to him than any amount of money or job. :teach:

GhostOfTheForum 02-09-2004 02:26 PM

A class act

The best of luck to him.

I always thought he had more talent than the situation he was in at the time.

If he would have been on a good team when he was in his prime everyone would have known just how good he is.

I think he will make an excellent goalie coach. He did very well working with Theo

Tuggy 02-09-2004 02:32 PM

Jeff is probably one of the classiest players in the league and I have a lot of respect for him. Hopefully he can get through these health problems and live his life. He was great here in Montreal and handled all the situations here with class.

Team_Spirit 02-09-2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
I'm sure his family is more important to him than any amount of money or job. :teach:

Hockey player have time to be with their familly , it's not like he was gone for 8 months every year gimme a break . It's sad what heppend to Hackett right now yes he will be able to spend more time with his familly but he retires in a bizzare situation and that sucks .

anyways... i don't really care so it was my last word about that :p

PrairieHabber 02-09-2004 02:56 PM

Anyone who has been a Habs fan during the time that Hackett was with Montreal has to be disappointed for the guy. It looked like he might finally have a chance to have some playoff success when he was signed by the Flyers. As much as I can't stand Clarke, I would wish Hackett success in Philly even if he was Clarke's goalie. The poor guy can't get a break. He was one of the most under-rated goalies for a 3-4 year period in the late 90's. He is a true team player. If a goalie could be named captain, he would be the perfect candidate. All the best to him. Good luck Jeff.

MontrealSF 02-09-2004 02:57 PM

He will have a seat au Salon Des Anciens everytime he wants too !
We loved you Jeff :bow:

Duff88 02-09-2004 05:39 PM

I always wanted him to be traded... but it was because I wanted him to be on a better situation. I always thought that he had enough talent to lead a team and he was too good to be a backup, but not good enough to be a #1 on a strong team.

I wish him the best of luck in his after-hockey career. Anyone think he might come back as goalie coach or something like this?

Natural Habs Fan 02-09-2004 07:09 PM

That's too bad for Jeff. He wasn't able to catch a break.

JOHNNY V 02-09-2004 07:16 PM

Who Cares, now if this was a thread on the great BUNNY LAROCQUE
JOHNNY V would be doing handstands :handclap: :bow:

Viva La Bunny Larocque The greatest HABS goalie.

chicpea* 02-09-2004 07:19 PM

So long and thanks for all the fish, Jeff! You are a true Hab through and through - that is, a class act all the way.

gohabsgo2010 02-09-2004 08:17 PM

Hackett was great. Thanks for all your efforts Jeff. Who cares if he never played a playoff game for us, Jeff Hackett was the ultimate Hab.

VAN-HAB 02-09-2004 08:42 PM

This guy really enjoyed playing for the HABS, best of luck. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Darz 02-10-2004 08:54 AM

Always thought Hackett was underrated and underappreaciated as an NHL goalie, and he was one of a few players in the past 10 years who seemed to bleed the red, white and blue.

Here's hoping that everything goes well for him and I assume we will hear his name in hockey circles again in a few years in some sort of capacity.